Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Dated and Ghost Recon Network Announced

Ubisoft has revealed that the long-awaited beta test for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will begin on April 19 and run through May 2; it'll be available on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

And check this video out about Ghost Recon Netwrok. He mentions "manage your squads" at the 1:04 mark and then immediately after that it appears the names have clan tags in front of them.

OK, so it appears that this game will have clans and clan management. They are calling them "squads". This video confirms it starting at the 2:42 mark

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/722475/ghost-recon-network-lead-designer-interview/

So all we need are some sort of server function and robust private rooms and SOCOM can suck it.

Ya on there forums someone asked about deadacated severs. The UBI forum manager answer that we was still waiting on a answer. As soon as I know il post it up. Also there will be no open beta that only way to get it for ps3 is with a PS+ membership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also there will be no open beta that only way to get it for ps3 is with a PS+ membership

That is somewhat accurate. Here are the beta details to get you in:

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-GB/ghost-recon-future-soldier/beta/index.aspx

Joining the beta

The beta is available to selected users only:

• Splinter Cell Conviction users who still own the game will get access through the game main menu on April 19th.
  • Selected Uplay members who have linked their account with their Xbox Live or Playstation account will automatically receive an invite. Find out how to link your account here.
  • People who have pre-ordered Ghost Recon Future Soldier at selected retailers will also receive VIP invites.
  • Winners of the Facebook sweepstakes will also get early access to the beta. Join the contest here

UBI will not comment on any BETA question about the PS3 they say to call SONY. Here is the link to the PS Blog http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/06/ps-plus-grants-first-access-to-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier-beta-419/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Directors

its interesting to see the launch selection. that, to me seems to say you can control the start of a match. good news

I dont think the beta will have private rooms but they already confirmed the game will have private rooms. As long as respawn can be turned off I'll be thrilled.

I also love how 2 of the 4 gamemodes sound exactly like Socom breach and demo.

Siege- "One team spawns in a central location and has to defend an objective. The attackers are deployed randomly around the outside of the map." This is a no respawn mode and definitely sounds like breach. I instantly picture Enowapi when I read that.

Saboteur- "A bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base." That is demo no question. Hopefully in private rooms this can be made round based and no respawn.

As long as respawn can be turned off I'll be thrilled.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222773p1.html

Excerpt:

Siege Mode

Few games outside Counter-Strike and SOCOM have the stones to keep dead players down, never mind making them appreciate their limited life. Siege, a callback to a classic Ghost Recon multiplayer mode, gives each player just one chance to take out the other team. When a Rifleman fills your chest with lead, or a Scout cuts your throat, you're done. No respawn. In a game already so heavily reliant on careful play, Siege really makes that one life feel valuable. Taking someone down with you might help, but it never feels like enough.

Gotta love the line in red.

OK Best Video yet Really answered a lot of questions. Jump to 11:50 so get to all the good stuff.

Dedicated Servers: YES (Somewhat)

Private Matches: YES

Clan System: YES

Private Matches ALL weapons are unlocked

Option for NO RE-SPAWN in Private match: YES

All Matches are 6v6 (from what I can tell) but you can set up unbalanced teams (3v9, 4v8, 5v7) as long as there are only 12 players total.

Sound also like there are some sort of Squad Match system.

• Directors

I will admit that it is looking promising, but I still have my reservations that full testing must be done... but that vid def has some good info.

Everything I want in a game is in this game, I hate OTS but that being said with everything else, ill shut my mouth and deal with it. As for the other stuff fearless said. Ill have to see how bad those things affect the game before I make judgement

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

OK Best Video yet Really answered a lot of questions. Jump to 11:50 so get to all the good stuff.

Dedicated Servers: YES (Somewhat)

Private Matches: YES

Clan System: YES

Private Matches ALL weapons are unlocked

Option for NO RE-SPAWN in Private match: YES

All Matches are 6v6 (from what I can tell) but you can set up unbalanced teams (3v9, 4v8, 5v7) as long as there are only 12 players total.

Sound also like there are some sort of Squad Match system.

Great find. This game does look the most promising in months. I'm not a fan of the cloaking system, but hopefully that can be disabled.

Also, I would have liked to have heard larger matches. 6v6 is fine, but 12v12 or 16v16 would have been better. But I would imagine that is something that could be fixed with an update. If not, not a huge issue.

I pre-ordered mine already. Traded in SOCOM 4 for a whopping $4.50.