Public Apology to Johnson and LPK...

• Directors

Last week Johnson contacted me about an issue he was having with his VB, during the trouble shooting he had made me a site admin to look at the settings and see if I could fix the issue. After a bit if research and repairing of the database, the issue resolved.

Now after this is where it crossed the line unintionally, I had not been on the LPK forums in quite a while and as I do on many of the Clans Forums I will do a quick search for "Urgent Fury" or "UrgentFury" to see if there is anything that we need to know about or address in the community.

In doing so I found a thread and clicked on it not realizing it was in a private area. Once I saw it was in a private area I returned to the search results.

I assume that Johnson had not removed my admin rights by then.

I do apologize for this action and I will no longer search a site until I know for sure that admin rights have been removed.

I brought this to John's attention and discussed it durning the last week and we felt that I should apoligize publically after Johnson notified us of changing hosts. We assume this is the reason they are changing hosts and want to be transparent as possible on incidents such as this.

We assume that LPK is moving hosts because of this, and we are going to refund their remaining hosting fees. And please if you contact anyone to fix your issues, please be upfront about sensitive areas.

I was not even thinking when I searched and found the private areas since I visit many communities daily to see if there is any postings involved with UF that need addressing.

Why was Phenom and myself stripped from leadership section?

Also why was I stripped of leadership of this: http://www.urgentfury.com/group.php?groupid=11 and GeneralSarcasm made leader? General cannot access UF or LPK site from his computer because his IP seems to be block. He has not been able to access these two sites since this incident.

• Directors
Why was Phenom and myself stripped from leadership section?

Also why was I stripped of leadership of this: http://www.urgentfury.com/group.php?groupid=11 and GeneralSarcasm made leader? General cannot access UF or LPK site from his computer because his IP seems to be block. He has not been able to access these two sites since this incident.

LPK was removed from the Clan Leader section due to an unrelated incident which we can discuss in private, as for the group, I am not sure what happened there that is maintained by the person that created the group and it seems that General is the one that created the group.

As for General, can you get his IP and pm it to me so that we can see if it was flagged by the security system, that has happened to a couple of people in the last few months... it's automated.

Last week Johnson contacted me about an issue he was having with his VB, during the trouble shooting he had made me a site admin to look at the settings and see if I could fix the issue. After a bit if research and repairing of the database, the issue resolved.

Now after this is where it crossed the line unintionally, I had not been on the LPK forums in quite a while and as I do on many of the Clans Forums I will do a quick search for "Urgent Fury" or "UrgentFury" to see if there is anything that we need to know about or address in the community.

In doing so I found a thread and clicked on it not realizing it was in a private area. Once I saw it was in a private area I returned to the search results.

So conveniently you didn't realize you were in a private area until after you read what you wanted to read.

I assume that Johnson had not removed my admin rights by then.

I do apologize for this action and I will no longer search a site until I know for sure that admin rights have been removed.

So you "thought" your admin rights were removed as soon as you finished repairing the site but you didn't really give any time for this to take place. If you actually "thought" about it wouldn't you actually KNOW this wasn't right when you had access to areas you shouldn't. So you did think about it but you still entered areas that were private without cause. I have a big issue with the FACT that you "THOUGHT" about what you were doing but still did it anyway. We invited the repair man (Shane) in to our home (site) to make a repair and caught him going through the wife's underwear drawer (private areas).

I brought this to John's attention and discussed it durning the last week and we felt that I should apoligize publically after Johnson notified us of changing hosts. We assume this is the reason they are changing hosts and want to be transparent as possible on incidents such as this.

We assume that LPK is moving hosts because of this, and we are going to refund their remaining hosting fees. And please if you contact anyone to fix your issues, please be upfront about sensitive areas.

So it's been almost two weeks since this incident but you didn't think an apology was necessary until Johnson told you we are changing hosts, or maybe you didn't plan on apologizing until Johnson notified you and you figured out you were busted and better say something before LPK did to try and save face.

I was not even thinking when I searched and found the private areas since I visit many communities daily to see if there is any postings involved with UF that need addressing.

Earlier in this post you said "I ASSUME". You can't think and not think about the same thing at the same time. Let's just be honest here. We (LPK) asked you (our host) for help with site issues. You were given access to the entire site to be able to repair the issues but instead of completing the job with Honor and Dignity you decided to use this access to snoop around areas you were not authorized to be in. Don't try to spin it and make it sound so innocent and accidental. If you were really concerned about doing things right you would have checked before you looked to make sure your admin access was removed before conducting your search, and if it was an accident like you claim then why wouldn't you bring it up to us (LPK) that you mistakenly entered a private area. The whole thing is shady and the fact that we were monitoring and caught you is the only reason this apology was posted.

LPK was removed from the Clan Leader section due to an unrelated incident which we can discuss in private, as for the group, I am not sure what happened there that is maintained by the person that created the group and it seems that General is the one that created the group.

This doesn't make sense either because Johnson created our group and was leader under after "the incident". A day following "the incident" General's IP was blocked but leadership was changed to him. This is all so ironic to take place on consecutive days. As for your "unrelated incident" and why LPK leaders were removed from the leaders section I will be your contact and you can send me a PM ASAP!

Edited by Phenom

Actually you read both (2) threads your search returned. I've viewed the apache logs and have the proof and we are willing to provide these to anyone who wants to see.

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

wow shane u really did it this time.:( I would also like our $25.00 entry fee returned to us for our last payed tourny.that we should have never paid for because we won the year long tourny and it was supposed to give us free entry.Just donate the money to our site through paypal that would work for me.

Oh do i need to delete my bank account or any other personal information that you may of obtained during our security breach?

I wonder how long it will be before all of LPK is locked out of UF??? I also am curious to find out if the aforementioned breach constitutes a criminal act!! Shane I am truly disappointed by your actions. Having been a member of UF for so many years, and with the morals that the whole community tries to portray of trust and integrity, I never thought you or any of your predecessors would commit such an unconscionable act of violating anyone's right to privacy as you have done!!! To me this in unforgivable!!! You may not care what I think but if you don't have integrity then you don't have squat!!!

I wonder how long it will be before all of LPK is locked out of UF??? I also am curious to find out if the aforementioned breach constitutes a criminal act!! Shane I am truly disappointed by your actions. Having been a member of UF for so many years, and with the morals that the whole community tries to portray of trust and integrity, I never thought you or any of your predecessors would commit such an unconscionable act of violating anyone's right to privacy as you have done!!! To me this in unforgivable!!! You may not care what I think but if you don't have integrity then you don't have squat!!!

ROCKMAN I will help you out man in the best possible way. NO ONE has been banned via the banned users area from L + P + K.

SHANE came here to APOLOGIZE for reading a post on your gaming website. I wasn't going to say anything here cause he came here respectfully and you and some of your team had to keep running dirt into this thread. WHO CARES WHAT L + P + K. says. URGENT FURY IS HERE. IF YOU DONT LIKE BEING HERE< JUST GO AWAY>

As for it being a CRIMINAL ACT, IT would be if he intentionally hacked into the site, but as a fellow VB user, the admins of your SITE could have been more careful and made a new USERGROUP, " and Customized it for Shane. There is a way to make someone an admin and block certain areas of a site. So as for a criminal act it can not be because your admins did not do ANYTHING to say he couldn't.

But now that you have said such a thing, you (ROCKMAN35) are in phase 1 of Slander, when you bring a criminal act upon someone which you have stated in your above post you bring someone's work in question. I do recommend you watch what you say in order to keep yourself out of trouble.

If you had not said that I would never have came into this post but Johnson and Shane are both my friends and they need to work it out. Me and you do not need to be in this thread trying to bash one another. So please do not take this to heart this is just a friendly gesture.

Matthew Seegel

I don't really see what the big deal is. Shane has admin privs on my site because he has helped me out several times with some vb issues. So what if he read something that is in one of my private sections. It's not like he is gonna find the formula for a nuclear bomb in there. Is it that your embarrassed that he came across a thread bashing UF? Who the fuck cares, there are several posts/threads on my forums that are in clan only or leaders sections that are non favorable to UF especially with all the shit that happened in the past. I don't care if shane ever read them. So when you get caught talking behind someones back just man and say "so what", everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

There is no need to come here and act like shane is some devious bastard trying to steal your clans secrets. If you make someone an admin on your site expect them to look around, its in everyone's nature. I think shane was trying to do the right thing by bringing this public and letting the community know what happened, instead of dealing with it behind the scenes. Just remember before you guys keep bashing him that you let him in and handed him the keys to your house. And yes if your wife was hot I would probably look in her panties drawer, just sayin :biggrin:

My wife doesn't wear panties..she goes commando!!!! You guys both have interesting opinions. AS to snipers comment about first phase of slander..you are far from the truth. In the context of what I wrote it is not slander and, if it was, it would have to harm his reputation with lies...which of course what went on here is not lies!!!

I for one am not up on the inner workings of computers and sites and don't know what the admins could or could not have done but should they really have had too do those things that you say they could do?? I mean, Johnny put his trust in Shane to fix the issues that they were having with the site...not to snoop around!!

Lastly, what is being overlooked here is the fact that this incident happened several weeks ago....where was the apology then??? I certainly would have been more forgiving if he came right out shortly after his indiscretion, but that is not what happened here. This only came about because now he knew that Johnny did catch him with his fingers in the cookie jar. In fact, it is my opinion that if he thought he got away with his snooping I am sure this apology would never be here! Mike like you said you have "bashing" UF posts on your site and don't care if he reads them when he is in there or not, if you are ok with that then that is up to you...I don't care that he read the post per se, if he asked me I would have sent him a copy, I am pissed at HOW he went about reading the posts!! It's sneaky and underhanded and completely wrong!! He knows it's wrong!!! That is what the problem is here!!! Where is the trust???

Believe me, I really don't want to be going back and forth on this...I am stating my opinion and that is all!! Some may have differing opinions than mine and not like what I posted, that is fine. Like you I am entitled to my opinion as well!!!

I don't really see what the big deal is. Shane has admin privs on my site because he has helped me out several times with some vb issues. So what if he read something that is in one of my private sections. It's not like he is gonna find the formula for a nuclear bomb in there. Is it that your embarrassed that he came across a thread bashing UF? Who the fuck cares, there are several posts/threads on my forums that are in clan only or leaders sections that are non favorable to UF especially with all the shit that happened in the past. I don't care if shane ever read them. So when you get caught talking behind someones back just man and say "so what", everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

There is no need to come here and act like shane is some devious bastard trying to steal your clans secrets. If you make someone an admin on your site expect them to look around, its in everyone's nature. I think shane was trying to do the right thing by bringing this public and letting the community know what happened, instead of dealing with it behind the scenes. Just remember before you guys keep bashing him that you let him in and handed him the keys to your house. And yes if your wife was hot I would probably look in her panties drawer, just sayin :biggrin:

Noone cares about what he found, there isn't anything special about those threads. I would be more than happy to repost them anywhere.

It's a matter of ETHICS- it's certainly NOT expected behavior for an admin to look into private areas just because he's called in to fix something- if he didn't own this place and he were an employee of a private company he would most likely be fired. Just because you have access to something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. The guy(s) who manage the servers that store your email aren't entitled to go reading through it just because you report a problem with logging in or with your inbox or spamfolder. These are the standards you are expected to hold yourself to when you are in the field.

"I will access private information on computer systems only when it is necessary in the course of my technical duties. I will maintain and protect the confidentiality of any information to which I may have access, regardless of the method by which I came into knowledge of it."

https://www.usenix.org/lisa/system-administrators-code-ethics

"I will access private information on computer systems only when it is necessary in the course of my technical duties. I will maintain and protect the confidentiality of any information to which I may have access, regardless of the method by which I came into knowledge of it."

https://www.usenix.org/lisa/system-administrators-code-ethics

Did he share that info with anyone? And that statement does say "regardless of the method by which I came into knowledge of it." So regardless if he came across something in a private section there is no fault by his method as long as he doesn't share it with anyone.

Did he share that info with anyone? And that statement does say "regardless of the method by which I came into knowledge of it." So regardless if he came across something in a private section there is no fault by his method as long as he doesn't share it with anyone.

I think you highlighted the wrong section there:

"I will access private information on computer systems only when it is necessary in the course of my technical duties."

part 2 assumes you did part one and are then to keep private info confidential. The issue here is he did not need to access the

data. It was not necessary in the course of his technical duties.

• Directors

Boring, usless, excessive drama... We have other things to focus on, like testing servers, designing competitions, etc. Leave if you need to but we have to get back to providing a free service to the community, not sit and look at immature pictures of kittens.

I know that I screwed up by not making a special usergroup for this situation, I figured it was a jump in and jump out, and no there is nothing to hide. I will make the threads public once our site is up and running again. The point that is being made is the fact that not only were the threads (yes threads, not one, but two) mistakenly found, but all pages were read as well. So don't try to look innocent, that is all. I was extremely happy with hosting through UF, support was great, and so was service. It was time to move on.

LPK was locked out of the leadership section because of an "Attempted Theft" of UF material. I guess this comes from two incidents that happened over the last few months.

First incident:

After tournament after tournament was cancelled here and the apparent end to "Tac Maps" for SOCOM and MW3 I contacted a fellow community member of another clan on their site. I said why don't we have our own Tac Map we can host on our own sites. I figure if UF will not support a tac map for certain games why not do it ourselves. I understand you have a patent pending, but I don't care. If you don't offer it what is the point of taking your ball home with you so no one else can have fun? This idea was not to make money, or be popular, it was to have fun again. We figure to not bother and to see what UF would offer in the future.

Second incident:

A few weeks ago I contacted an ex-staff member of UF's. I asked if they still had the InCountry .fla, and if I could see it. I have been going to school for web design and I'm currently taking a Flash course and wanted to see if I could understand the code now. I know this sounds like an attempted theft, but I already had these files in my possession while I was a staff member here. A while back I deleted the files from my computer, and just wanted to see them again for school purposes.

I cannot see what the paranoia comes from, I'm still under the UF NDA for who knows how much longer. If I can't talk about UF why can't I see stuff what I had a part in? People here are under the impression I work and create tournaments for XXXXXXXX, where this could not be further from the truth. I am a member of Iron Fox, a XBOX 360 community, nothing more. Plus you act like there is some great secret to making and running a tournament as if it re-inventing the wheel. I have no prior knowledge of tournaments at XXXX or if they are even interested in tac maps.

I left UF staff because I have no time for this stuff. I over extended myself and could not keep up with the work I was doing. I put a lot of my personal time in UF and this is the BS that comes of it. I know I could had quit any time I wanted to, but I wanted to do what I could for this place. I felt a lot of frustration at times with resistance from other staff members, it could get stressful at times.

You guys could really learn a lot....

EDITED***

Edited by Johnson30

• Directors

you're borderline advertising. modify your post, or i will do it for you

• Directors
LPK was locked out of the leadership section because of an "Attempted Theft" of UF material. I guess this comes from two incidents that happened over the last few months.

First incident:

After tournament after tournament was cancelled here and the apparent end to "Tac Maps" for SOCOM and MW3 I contacted a fellow community member of another clan on their site. I said why don't we have our own Tac Map we can host on our own sites. I figure if UF will not support a tac map for certain games why not do it ourselves. I understand you have a patent pending, but I don't care. If you don't offer it what is the point of taking your ball home with you so no one else can have fun? This idea was not to make money, or be popular, it was to have fun again. We figure to not bother and to see what UF would offer in the future.

Second incident:

A few weeks ago I contacted an ex-staff member of UF's. I asked if they still had the InCountry .fla, and if I could see it. I have been going to school for web design and I'm currently taking a Flash course and wanted to see if I could understand the code now. I know this sounds like an attempted theft, but I already had these files in my possession while I was a staff member here. A while back I deleted the files from my computer, and just wanted to see them again for school purposes.

So what is it we might think is suspicious? You are saying you decided to make a tacmap at another site. Then say you only needed UF's design tacmap source files for a class...... Are you kidding me?....

No you are putting words into my mouth. I threw out the idea of making a tacmap because UF is too worried about media than making tournaments and then blaming the existing clans it was their fault for not recruiting new clans. If I decided to do this I would put it on LPK's site. I decided against it. This was well before I was a member of iron fox on the 360.

I get it.. it looks suspicious. So if im not trusted with information then lift me of my NDA.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Johnson30

• Directors

It's not putting words in your mouth when its a direct quote.

And we certainly wouldn't "lift" a NDA if we were suspicious of this. That's like suspecting an ex employee was going to come back and steal the copy machine and saying let's cancel the contract with building security.