Public Apology to Johnson and LPK...

Boring, usless, excessive drama... We have other things to focus on, like testing servers, designing competitions, etc. Leave if you need to but we have to get back to providing a free service to the community, not sit and look at immature pictures of kittens.

Just wondering what free service you're talking about? Letting everyone come to UF and talk about campaign 2012 sure is nice of you and all but as my good friend Red said "What about if we want to opt out of seeing other postings we may view as pointless? Like blog postings, or media. Though I know you guys want to get info to gamers, I don't come here for that. I come in hopes to play in a tournament." http://urgentfury.com/showthread.php/83369-The-Campaign-2012-Forum-now-requires-action-to-participate

Well I guess it is ok to snoop around private areas as long as you apologize right? Pretend it was accident?

The logs show more than an accident.

The difference is SHANE DID do something morally wrong, the guy who is one of the owners of this site and he cannot even act professional. We pay for a professional service, I only volunteered to work for UF. Why should I follow your NDA? When you are not professional......???

I inquired, but never did anything.

• Like 1

Well I guess it is ok to snoop around private areas as long as you apologize right? Pretend it was accident?

The logs show more than an accident.

The difference is SHANE DID do something morally wrong, the guy who is one of the owners of this site and he cannot even act professional. We pay for a professional service, I only volunteered to work for UF. Why should I follow your NDA? When you are not professional......???

I inquired, but never did anything.

Asking for the file isn't a big deal, especially when it was made publicly available on the internet. In fact, it's still up:

http://urgentfury.com/incountry/InCountry-Tacmap.swf

i been moving, and havent been on so i just saw this thread. im not exactly sure what is going ion, and im not defending shane, but if i hired a host and had problems with my site, , then gave them admin rights to verify my site was working, i would expect the host rep to check every thread in every section to make sure everything was working properly... fault LPK

if my host was also the owner of a tournament site, and i gave them admin privledges to check my site out and correct issues with it, and that person saw a thread titled "FUCK (insert tourney site here)" i would like to think that i could verify the inner workings of the site without reading that particular thread. some things on ours clan sites are truly private... fault shane

if you give "bob" admin access to your site your pretty much giving "bob" access to anything there so you cant fault "bob" for reading a thread titled "fuck bobs mom". at the same time, "bob" should have had the knowledge to realize that this was a private thread amongst members, not publicly posted for just anyone to read, and should have distanced himself from anything relating to himself or his "mom".

with that said, i wil first give credit to shane for apologizing, although it should not have been done here in a public setting. this should have been done privatley between you and LPK. secondly, i will ask the following questions:

1. LPK - did you tell shane what he could and could not access before giving him admin privledges?

2. shane - when you saw a thread entitled "fuck uf" did you not think to distance yourself from it?

i am hosted by urgent fury, and shane personally took a lot of time to get things trasnfered for me with my old host because i dont know shit about hosting and url's and all of that. i really appreciate what he did for me and my clan. but i respect johnson, and always have from the day i joined urgent fury. i have a hard time seeing anyone in the wrong here, but i also have a hard time seeing anyone making any kind of accusations towards the other. as a host, ther was no violation at all because hosts with admin privledges do not know what is necessarily public or private, but as a host that particular admin should have realized that any thread titled with the name of another site he/she owns should be left alone due to conflict of interest.

i been moving, and havent been on so i just saw this thread. im not exactly sure what is going ion, and im not defending shane, but if i hired a host and had problems with my site, , then gave them admin rights to verify my site was working, i would expect the host rep to check every thread in every section to make sure everything was working properly... fault LPK

if my host was also the owner of a tournament site, and i gave them admin privledges to check my site out and correct issues with it, and that person saw a thread titled "FUCK (insert tourney site here)" i would like to think that i could verify the inner workings of the site without reading that particular thread. some things on ours clan sites are truly private... fault shane

if you give "bob" admin access to your site your pretty much giving "bob" access to anything there so you cant fault "bob" for reading a thread titled "fuck bobs mom". at the same time, "bob" should have had the knowledge to realize that this was a private thread amongst members, not publicly posted for just anyone to read, and should have distanced himself from anything relating to himself or his "mom".

with that said, i wil first give credit to shane for apologizing, although it should not have been done here in a public setting. this should have been done privatley between you and LPK. secondly, i will ask the following questions:

1. LPK - did you tell shane what he could and could not access before giving him admin privledges?

2. shane - when you saw a thread entitled "fuck uf" did you not think to distance yourself from it?

i am hosted by urgent fury, and shane personally took a lot of time to get things trasnfered for me with my old host because i dont know shit about hosting and url's and all of that. i really appreciate what he did for me and my clan. but i respect johnson, and always have from the day i joined urgent fury. i have a hard time seeing anyone in the wrong here, but i also have a hard time seeing anyone making any kind of accusations towards the other. as a host, ther was no violation at all because hosts with admin privledges do not know what is necessarily public or private, but as a host that particular admin should have realized that any thread titled with the name of another site he/she owns should be left alone due to conflict of interest.

Nicely Said Puddy. This is Right on the Target!

Boring, usless, excessive drama... We have other things to focus on, like testing servers, designing competitions, etc. Leave if you need to but we have to get back to providing a free service to the community, not sit and look at immature pictures of kittens.

Keep up the great work! Bang up job, really :thumb:. See, the problem is that this is not from an issue with your free "service" to the community. You were paid to provide a service. This kind of behavior reflects very poorly not only on Shane, but on you, AC, and Urgent Fury Holdings as well.

Even giving Shane the benefit of the doubt, the appropriate action would have been an apology on our site at such time that he realized he ended up where he shouldn't have. Not a week and a half later because he realized he was caught.

I don't think any of us really care what he read, but when a thread is posted in the "Leader's Lounge" section of our site (a distinction shown in no less than 3 places on each page) you have to be an idiot to not notice. Honestly, my first reaction was to laugh when I re-read the threads he was snooping through. All kinds of fun stuff in those, but that is besides the point. If you catch the cable guy going through your wife's underwear drawer, you won't be okay with it because there are only rotted-out grannie panties in there. There are expectations and standards that go along with representing yourselves as some sort of legitimate business entity. The fact that you guys have a difficult time recognizing this reveals a lot about how UF ended up here.

i

with that said, i wil first give credit to shane for apologizing, although it should not have been done here in a public setting.

At the risk of redundancy, let my reiterate that no one gives a shit about the content of the threads Shane read. It's that it happened, Shane realized it happened, and no acknowledgement or apology until we switch hosts. Mistakes happen, we understand this. There are right ways to go about handling things after the fact. Those things did not happen here. Crossing your fingers and hoping that no one finds out about an inappropriate action is not the way professionals are expected to behave :lie:.

Last week Johnson contacted me about an issue he was having with his VB, during the trouble shooting he had made me a site admin to look at the settings and see if I could fix the issue. After a bit if research and repairing of the database, the issue resolved.

Now after this is where it crossed the line unintionally, I had not been on the LPK forums in quite a while and as I do on many of the Clans Forums I will do a quick search for "Urgent Fury" or "UrgentFury" to see if there is anything that we need to know about or address in the community.

In doing so I found a thread and clicked on it not realizing it was in a private area. Once I saw it was in a private area I returned to the search results.

I assume that Johnson had not removed my admin rights by then.

I do apologize for this action and I will no longer search a site until I know for sure that admin rights have been removed.

I brought this to John's attention and discussed it durning the last week and we felt that I should apoligize publically after Johnson notified us of changing hosts. We assume this is the reason they are changing hosts and want to be transparent as possible on incidents such as this.

We assume that LPK is moving hosts because of this, and we are going to refund their remaining hosting fees. And please if you contact anyone to fix your issues, please be upfront about sensitive areas.

I was not even thinking when I searched and found the private areas since I visit many communities daily to see if there is any postings involved with UF that need addressing.

Look. Do any of you think that a Hosting Company does not see your contents? I think alot of you who pulled out are just looking for excuses anyway. I see what's been going on around here and because of my love for some of these clans who we have made history with being in [uF], I have elected to hope things eventually repair themselves. I own my own hosting company and when you sign up for any kind of plan, you are trusting that Host. Everyone is worried about how Shane found this stuff out but 'my question' is: "Why was there shit like this about [uF] in the first place?"

Alot of clans have been hiding behind the 'Loyalty' badge but I don't see any of it in this situation. Shane had every reason to do HIS JOB of fixing hosting issues and if he did not charge for that then I would say that I'd be more worried about why some of you guys are treating him this way. He gives of himself more than 100% (if that's' possible) trying to keep an arena where we can all game and have fun together, but then he finds out that he's being bashed and disrespected in his own home? The questions should be directed to 'why stuff about UF was even on the sites', not why didn't Shane just 'turn the cheek again' on issues when he's trying his best to please everyone so that we have a second home to play on. Again, he only did what his job encorporates and any other host would've done the same. At least he came forward because he did not expect to see anything like that from people who are supposed to be loyal to UF. Yea sure we've had some rollercoaster rides with what's going on, but 'as a family' it should be simple: We have fights in the backyard, but at 6:00pm We Always Come to the Table and sit and eat together. Why isn't this happening?

Do you really think another Host is not going to see something that you deem 'Private' when they're trying to fix something on their server? Common, find a better excuse than that to be angry and leave because this one doesn't fly.

• Like 1

Let me start by saying this: To those not involved, but are clearly "experts" on what they perceive as the truth:

This is between LPK, Johnson and Shane/UF. I mean seriously guys. Some of the stuff from people not involved in this is just simply unbelievable. Those who posted up that there are more important things are exactly right. This community needs integrity and support from everyone here. Not distraction.

As a forum admin myself, as much as you try to police private areas, inevitably nothing on the internet is private. Just a fact of the day and age we live in. I always live by the philosophy that I only put in writing or say what I want everyone to hear/see.

I'm wont pretend to know any facts or be an expert of this situation. But I will comment on what I have observed here:

1. Timeliness over Shanes post? Probably would have looked better if it were sooner. I don't think anyone here has disputed that. But it got posted. That counts for something.

2. The fact Shane actually posted this for public viewing? It shows his efforts to admit a mistake was made. Disclosure. :rockon:. I wish more people in this world were able to readily admit they made a mistake and face the music.

In my observation this is completely an un-needed and senseless distraction. I commend Shane for posting this publicly. It shows a level of integrity few people here would consider, for fessing up to a mistake.

As far as ANYONES SPECULATION over his motives or anyone elses "thoughts, dreams, wishes, opinions", All your doing is making conclusions based on incomplete facts. The only person who will ever know is Shane. All anyone is doing by speculating is causing drama that none of have time for.

Lets focus more time on rebuilding this community and stop the witch hunt.

[RVN]Paramedic

Co-Leader of RAVENFALL

Edited by Paramedic

I wish more people in this world were able to readily admit they made a mistake and face the music.

[RVN]Paramedic

Co-Leader of RAVENFALL

This was clever.. hypocritical but clever. Why dont you lead by example Kev, you still know how to find me

Edited by Nego

This was clever.. hypocritical but clever. Why dont you lead by example Kev, you still know how to find me

Negotiatator,

Not sure why you felt the need to post such a sarcastic and snide comment here, as opposed to PM me.

To my knowledge you still have access to the RVN forums, your still on my PSN Friends List, and you've had my AIM account since Socom 2.

If you have an issue, YOU know how to get a hold of me. I will not respond here.

Paramedic you have an interesting opinion and with this statement "This community needs integrity and support from everyone here." Is really the root of the issue. Isn't the alleged "snooping" a violation of that integrity? I have never had a problem with UF or any of it's owners/administrators in the 6 years I have been here, including Shane. It is unfortunate that maybe he let human nature take over when this incident occurred. I think that if he had immediately or shortly thereafter spoke to Johnny and let him know what had happened we wouldn't be having this thread, there would have been no need for an apology! But it's the fact that nothing was said until he was aware that he was discovered that this apology came to light..somewhere in the neighborhood of a week and a half to two weeks...that is the issue.

I think that I have voiced my opinion on this enough and unless I am attacked, it's a dead issue for me at this point. I do hope that UF can do something to bring this community back to the fun gaming community that it has been in the past!

Paramedic you have an interesting opinion and with this statement "This community needs integrity and support from everyone here." Is really the root of the issue. Isn't the alleged "snooping" a violation of that integrity? I have never had a problem with UF or any of it's owners/administrators in the 6 years I have been here, including Shane. It is unfortunate that maybe he let human nature take over when this incident occurred. I think that if he had immediately or shortly thereafter spoke to Johnny and let him know what had happened we wouldn't be having this thread, there would have been no need for an apology! But it's the fact that nothing was said until he was aware that he was discovered that this apology came to light..somewhere in the neighborhood of a week and a half to two weeks...that is the issue.

I think that I have voiced my opinion on this enough and unless I am attacked, it's a dead issue for me at this point. I do hope that UF can do something to bring this community back to the fun gaming community that it has been in the past!

Rockman: I wholeheartedly agree. Again, I am no expert , and I only know what I've read in this thread.

For any of us to sit here and pretend we're able to be judge jury prosecution and executioner on either of the two issues or people is a complete waste of time.

As impartial as I can be, My opinion is this: There are at least 15 opinions here on "what really happened" and what "each persons motives are". Whatever happened to being "innocent until proven guilty?". Its difficult to maintain this when there are strong opposing issues that have come to light. (The "thread/privacy issue" and the "source file issue)

Timeliness in getting your side of the story on the table/in the open is better then waiting for something to happen to give your version of events.

Timeliness was an issue here. I think this is the only valid conclusion anyone can draw from all these posts. I think this thread has gotten to the point.

It can either:

A) continue so there are 100+ peoples" perception as reality" and judge all the parties involved and continue to make accusations. This is only damaging to Shane, Johnson, LPK and THIS UF COMMUNITY.

or

B) Let the parties involved deal with this themselves.

Its time to show EVERYONES SINCERITY FOR THE UF COMMUNITY AND RESTORE THE PRIDE.

Edited by Paramedic

Look. Do any of you think that a Hosting Company does not see your contents? I think alot of you who pulled out are just looking for excuses anyway. I see what's been going on around here and because of my love for some of these clans who we have made history with being in [uF], I have elected to hope things eventually repair themselves. I own my own hosting company and when you sign up for any kind of plan, you are trusting that Host. Everyone is worried about how Shane found this stuff out but 'my question' is: "Why was there shit like this about [uF] in the first place?"

Alot of clans have been hiding behind the 'Loyalty' badge but I don't see any of it in this situation. Shane had every reason to do HIS JOB of fixing hosting issues and if he did not charge for that then I would say that I'd be more worried about why some of you guys are treating him this way. He gives of himself more than 100% (if that's' possible) trying to keep an arena where we can all game and have fun together, but then he finds out that he's being bashed and disrespected in his own home? The questions should be directed to 'why stuff about UF was even on the sites', not why didn't Shane just 'turn the cheek again' on issues when he's trying his best to please everyone so that we have a second home to play on. Again, he only did what his job encorporates and any other host would've done the same. At least he came forward because he did not expect to see anything like that from people who are supposed to be loyal to UF. Yea sure we've had some rollercoaster rides with what's going on, but 'as a family' it should be simple: We have fights in the backyard, but at 6:00pm We Always Come to the Table and sit and eat together. Why isn't this happening?

Do you really think another Host is not going to see something that you deem 'Private' when they're trying to fix something on their server? Common, find a better excuse than that to be angry and leave because this one doesn't fly.

post-10281-140900775572_thumb.jpg

This is hence why a Tournament site needs not to be run like a business. Sorry UF went down the drain after tow sold it. Sorry sad truth.

Thank you for this post that has no relevance to anything going on in this thread.

Please go somewhere else to bitch.

And clans wonder why tournaments are not filling.

Only thing I could say is, this should have been between owners of service and lpk. You really want new comers reading this? I hope LPK and service owners come to a happy medium.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post that has no relevance to anything going on in this thread.

Please go somewhere else to bitch.

actually it does have alot of relevance. Did anything like this happen back in the day no. So sorry to say it has alot of relevance to the fact at hand. Also i was not bitching i was stating a fact. I get your history with UF and i also have mine to but sorry if im one to point out truth when its there and not hold my tongue Good day sir.

Edited by Da_xavier