The Campaign 2012 Forum now requires action to participate.

• Directors

With the beefing up of the 2012 campaign and several discussions about the forum we created specifically for Politics to be discussed in a mature manner, we have decided to make the forum an opt in style forum. To participate in this forum you must join the Politics User Group by clicking here and join the Political Forum User Group.

If you do not opt into this forum you will only see the post and thread counts, and you can leave the forum at anytime as well. We feel this is the best way to give the option for the discussion but not overwhelm those that do not want to see or participate in the posts.

• Directors

It really was more about the fact that the content of the posts were not gaming related, and it was not just on the forums, it came from facebook and twitter users as well. We have cut back to only the PS Blog and UF Blog when it comes to posting gaming news where we used to bring in specific gaming blogs as well. We will probably not cut down on the two gaming news outlets beyond this.

That content that is 100% gaming related and will continue. The only other forums that could be affected would be the other sub cats under the General forums such as TV, Cooking, etc. The forums are only a portion of the website though for many that have been here, it is the main portion used, we anticipate this to become overshadowed in the future once we can finally get some quality games to run tournaments on such as Starhawk, Hopefully Ghost Recon, and other titles.

Well I understand that shane and frankly don't care that there is this sub group. BUT when tournaments finally do come, and I am anticipating battling in large quantities on BF3 and we are working on a group for Ghost Recon, I want to see the news for the tournaments in my latest posts search and not have to sift through all those dang posts about crap I could care less about.

Apparently I am the only one here who feels this way. Oh well.

So I am guessing if you get enough complaints about seeing all the gaming news you will do this too? I am figuring this was happening since you went this direction with the political board. People had enough of the posts from hog and made a stink.

Not just Hog, I'm sure my name was mentioned. :wink:

Well I understand that shane and frankly don't care that there is this sub group. BUT when tournaments finally do come, and I am anticipating battling in large quantities on BF3 and we are working on a group for Ghost Recon, I want to see the news for the tournaments in my latest posts search and not have to sift through all those dang posts about crap I could care less about.

Apparently I am the only one here who feels this way. Oh well.

X2.......

It could be done the same way as the campaign. Put those posts into one section, if you request to not see these your status could be upgraded to a permission that does not see that forum.

• Directors
im sure it was me too irish, lol. dont feel alone. ive wondered since day one why we had a political thread on a gaming site.

I want to remind you that there were plenty of political posts here before the change of ownership, we just opted to put it in a specific folder and after feedback put it in a section that requires people to opt in to view it.

And as mentioned we will not be doing that for gaming related news, just short term forums like this one... after its all done the Campaign 2012 forum will be retired. I will however commend all that have participated for keeping it pretty much mature.