Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta - Good, Bad, Ugly?

Thought I would start a thread to get everyone's input. And also any glitches or problems. I can compile them all into one thread or post and let the Dev's know on their forums.

So far my biggest complaint is that they have the "X" button as your sprint. The weapon progression system is almost identical to MAG in my opinion. I think the cover system is a helluva lot better than SOCOM 4's.

Edited by IRISH BULL

I LOVE the cover system. I love how you can sprint from cover to cover aka "Cover Swap".

I feel like the number of hits it takes to kill someone is wayyy too high. It takes me at least a full clip to kill someone.

The spawing system isn't very fluid.

I love the grenade arc! Brings back old socom memories.

I have yet to melee someone from behind, idk if that is activated yet.

Overall though I am SUPER excited.

• Directors
l really like it, I just hope in private rooms you can turn respawn off. Especially for clan wars, who wants to have respawn in clan wars? Pipeline is terrible for respawn, the ghosts can easily spawn camp the other team. The mill map reminds me of a combined assualt map, but I cant remember the name.

Harvester I think, and I agree but I think the counters are pretty good against the ghosts as well.

So I find that I can kill people easier now...

The sprint button needs to change.

I find that I can't play for long periods of time, but betas tend to have that effect on me.

Yeah the run button is in a stupid spot. I guess they don't want people running and gunning so that's why they have your soldier holding his gun like he is carrying the Olympic torch when you are running lol

Edited by AnTHOnYxSoPRAnO

I'm getting used to the "X" button being the sprint button. Mainly because I only use it in the beginning when I leave the safe spawn area.

But I think your right Soprano. I think that's why they have the sprint to cover system. And in any interview or article the Dev's emphasize the Hell outta of tactics. So I can only assume they were thinking you should hardly ever being running around. Because the "R2" button would have been the logical choice considering what you use it for.

The grenade arc is great. It even shows the trajectory if it is banked off the wall of something else. The spawn system works, again, like the MAG, IMO. I am personally disappointed that they made the game in 720p only HDTV resolution.

• Directors
What's up with holding R2 and you choose something and this blue line pops up on the ground. Is that like a navigation thing?

Yes that is exactly what it is

No Harvester was Socom 3. It had the windmill, the island house, the house down hill from the windmill, the hill grassy hil...it had a small pond behind the windmill that u had to pseudo claim to get to the back of the windmill. It had the covered bridge leading from the open field with the house beside the old tree. Then there was the blown up house on the other side of the covered bridge. Another abandoned blown out house sat on the road that led to the top side of the what was the Harvester small map. It is scary that i can close my eyes and still remember the layout of some of those maps.

Anyhow, i am glad the gameplay for GR hasnt changed much from the original GRAW and GRAW2. The cover system with the swap is just as solid as the first 2 games. And so is the arc, i am glad they didnt take it out. I am sure they will have more options to change your button configurations, i believe u could in the others. I dont mind the X because i can quickly tap it when u get close to an obsticle and your soldier leaps over it without stopping. If you dont tap the X button right when u run into a something u can leap over, he just will go into cover or hit the object.

I like how you cannot sprint and shoot. And i like the heaviness that you feel in controlling your character. This has truly taken the 1st two GRAW games and elevated them.

According to the directions, you can make a party private and no one can join your party, which is good for private match play.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

• Directors

I can still find myself getting angry when I think about vehicle whores on harvester.....

I can still find myself getting angry when I think about vehicle whores on harvester.....

I loved that map, sniped 3 dudes at the windmill from the second floor window of the barn with one bullet. They just lined up in a row for me. I think Gen. Dagnabbit from TOU was one of them LMAO! Damn feels like such a long time ago. This was also the first map I ever got quick-sniped on, man I was so pissed.

Well, my first gameplay was lousy but that was all on my part because I just jumped in it (happy it was finally available). But I did find some issue where the guy I was shooting wasn't diying. If you look straight to counter 4:45 you'll see what I mean. The rest of the game will be fine I'm sure and I love all the things that you guys have already pointed out. Played with Shane and a few other familiars but just wasn't totally involved, messing around with the new Roxio Game Capture while playing and etc.

I agree that the hit detection has improved, I have played all the recent Ghost Recon games on the consol as well as the PC and was dissapointed by the last two but it seems that they have done something that ZIPPER should have done a LOOOONG time ago, and that is giving the fans what they want...What I mean by that is that they have brought back almost everything that people loved about the first Ghost Recon game and I do beleive that I will pick this game up for that reason along......You have to respect a company that actualy still listens to its fan base.

I have put a good amount of time on the GRFS beta, and i have to say it is a fun game when it works. The last patch did improve the stability but it hasnt fixed all problems. They did some balancing with the guns and i think that they went a little harsh on the Rifleman ACR and AK200...so much recoil now.

Having played all the other GR games, i cant help but feel disappointed with no customization in private rooms. A lot of the new stuff they added to GRFS, i would like to turn off, but that will not be possible unless they release a patch.

They need one more solid patch, i would frequently loose mic comms when the round starts and not being able to hear your team in this game is a big disadvantage...then there is occasional game freeze where you have to restart the PS3, and leggy rooms. The game has potential but it needs work as it stands now.

Melrin

Now we just need to cross our fingers that its going to work for tournaments.

I really hope so. I haven't played in a UF tourney since SOCOM Confrontation died out. IMO from playing the beta, the only difference between this game and what SOCOM 4 could have been....is the title.