Question For the Creators (On a serious Note)

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Tis Community is awesome and just a minute i was thinking of My involvement in this Community after im settled in or Out of the Navy, years from now and i got Pretty excited about it....So my Question is this:

What do you think it would take for this Great community to be no more? Is there even something that would make you want or even HAVE to quit? if you HAVE to quit do you see yourself passing the Torch so to speak?

It may be something you dont want to think about but i guess what im really looking for is reassurance that this community will be here when i hit My adult years....any input would be appreciated....

.APOCALYP5E. ]

Tis Community is awesome and just a minute i was thinking of My involvement in this Community after im settled in or Out of the Navy, years from now and i got Pretty excited about it....So my Question is this:

What do you think it would take for this Great community to be no more? Is there even something that would make you want or even HAVE to quit? if you HAVE to quit do you see yourself passing the Torch so to speak?

It may be something you dont want to think about but i guess what im really looking for is reassurance that this community will be here when i hit My adult years....any input would be appreciated....

First off, we appreciate the sentiment. Shows we've made some progress in what we wanted to do here.

"What would it take for this great community to be no more?"

Well...I don't know.

I guess at the bottom of it all, it would probably be when Sniper and I basically feel that what we do here, what happens in Urgent Fury, is no longer appreciated or respected. We do this for the love of gaming, for the love of a safe sanctuary for tourneys and for the love of the gamers we attract here who really do appreciate, up and down, the effort we put into it and the product we present out to all of you for your enjoyment. I mean...isn't that the basis for ANY relationship, marriage, dating, business or otherwise? When the appreciation is gone....when the respect is gone.....would YOU stay in that relationship?

UF is much the same thing.

We're not perfect and we've never claimed to be.

Sure, we say that we put enough work into this to firmly believe that we put the best package out there. Sure, we do even say that we're "the best." But no one should take that as Sniper and I claiming that we are flawless. Not even close. We just believe in a sea of flawed tourneys, where no ONE tourney is perfect, we stand out for the ideals and values we instill in this tournament site.

Just as in a relationship, neither party is perfect.

It's an agreement between two people or parties that the flaws that each other have are ACCEPTABLE to continue building on the relationship. Translated to Urgent Fury terms: the clans who are here, whom we invite, Sniper and I believe respect this community and this tournament enough to BE here. On the flip side, the clans who are COMING here believe that we have something attractive to them and they hope or currently believe we deliver. Both parties are satisfied, hence, the relationship goes on.

When a player or clan is dissatisfied with something we've done here...they might leave.

When the community overall does something that dissatisfies us.....we might leave.

And no...we would never "pass the torch" to someone else. Urgent Fury is and always has been Sniper and I. No other animal comes close to the beast Sniper's and my hard work has created. When/if we leave, the beast dies with us. Don't worry, there's NO shortage of people out there who would like nothing better than to see UF fall or to build upon what we've done here with something better and knock us all down. You will have no shortage of other outlets if UF ever disappeared.

We won't mince words or sentiments here, Sniper and I WERE on the verge....and we're talking canyon's ledge here, of shutting the entire tournament site down when UF: Breakout went down the way that it did. To us, at that time, all we could think about was a bunch of clans who LOVED us when we worked our asses off for free creating 5-7 tournaments for them to play in...but the second we thought to put something together that might help the two of us out a little bit, somehow, the 1,000+ players who physically enjoyed the tournaments that we created were NO WHERE to be found, and all we were looking for was a paltry 96 of them....

In hindsight, we're not AS bitter about it anymore, because we realize that we had built that tourney around a game that many people were leaving behind for next-gen. The fire inside died down a little bit, but we were still incensed. Monday, I would have to talk Sniper out of quitting UF. Wednesday, Sniper would have to talk me down from walking away. Thursday would see me calling Sniper to tell him everything is going to be ok in the end and on Saturday, he'd have to call me and let me know there was still reason to put this tourney together. Sniper and I leaned on each other a lot at that time, and NO one here, not the veterans and not even Sniper's and my clanmates in APC, knew just how thread-close we were to shutting the site down and breathe free air again.

Sniper and I took stock of everything and realized what we have here is greater than instant satisfaction. We've worked HARD for years to make UF what it is. Clans like the ones we have here do NOT get assembled here overnight nor in the span of a few weeks. It takes TOURNAMENT-S- to sort through everyone and everything to continue building this great community that Sniper and I love playing with and against. Urgent Fury IS what Sniper and I want in a gaming community, and we have the talent and the ability to make it HAPPEN. We'll always at least have that....and in knowing that, we'll always know that it will take a LOT of some kind of poison for both he and I to say "we're finished." I cannot speak for Sniper, but personally, if Sniper were to ever run out of gas and want to quit, I am not heading out to find a replacement for him. This isn't some company with a nonchalant turnover rate. This is a creative haven for both he and I, and if Sniper were ever to want to leave, then I would be posting up my resignation as well. BUT, seeing as there is NO other tournament site out there that even comes CLOSE to what Sniper and I would expect in a tournament in the way of presentation, structure and quality....it looks like we may be stuck here for the foreseeable future. As gaming grows, so too do we hope to grow, allowing Urgent Fury and what it brings to a military shooter, to flourish across various games and platforms.

Sorry this got a little long in the explanations...but something tells me that you were looking for a thorough and honest answer...so there you go.

Guest Skipper

Tow, I like what you are saying here. If you were stating that you would shut this down when people no longer appreciated this WITHOUT attempting to aggresively grow this enterprise, then well I'd tell you blaming your customers is only going to go so far. However, you and Sniper have attempted to caterer to a larger community by expanding intto COD4 and Xbox. I think that is both ambitious and smart. It shows you care about your clientele here and those who might be.

Kinda like my Baltimore Orioles for example. It's not just the losing that is keeping fans away but the fact that organizations shows a general carelessnes for its fans. I am a season ticket holder and they raised my prices, without telling me. They never celebrated any of the anniversaries of the World Series teams, they keep "Baltimore" off the road uniforms, they don't reach out to the community. They just don't care. Camden Yards is one of the best places to watch a ball game on a summer night, its a shame no one knows it.

I'm glad to hear that you do care about patrons.

Guest Stealthknight

lol, i know man im just playin with ya. But never under estimate what your capable of. I didnt know how to do any graphics or webdesign until I joined TNU a few years ago and was forced to learn and take over when our web guy was shipped over seas.