Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Sign in to follow this  

All non PS3 Socom Servers being shut down, WTF

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4699021

On August 31, 2012 Sony Computer Entertainment America will be terminating the on-line service for the following PlayStation®2 and PlayStation®Portable ("PSP") software titles:

PlayStation®2 system: SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs, SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs, SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs, SOCOM Combined Assault.

PSP system: SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike.

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Yeah, This sucks, My theory is though... possibly that sony said ok... were gonna shut down the old servers to go ahead & create "Socom Legacy" That way we force all the guys playing Ps2 to buy Ps3 to play Socom online??? Why would they release a "Classic Socom" if there were still people playing on the old one? This way Sony makes the most money possible... which is right down there alley??? This is my Theory guys... only.. I really have no idea.

Yeah, This sucks, My theory is though... possibly that sony said ok... were gonna shut down the old servers to go ahead & create "Socom Legacy" That way we force all the guys playing Ps2 to buy Ps3 to play Socom online??? Why would they release a "Classic Socom" if there were still people playing on the old one? This way Sony makes the most money possible... which is right down there alley??? This is my Theory guys... only.. I really have no idea.

It sounds good! Let's hope the money grabbers feel that way

insert clever line here

To me, it looks like they're 'redirecting'. MW3 and now BF3 have Premium services (PAID), so I think they're going to try and re-invent the wheel ~ so to speak in order to come up with a paid service of their own of some sort.

That is some wishful thinking, but let's be honest. We are talking about SONY.