Counter Strike Tournament

Is there any plans in the future for the upcoming Counter Strike: Global Offensive game? It will be released on the 21st. Although it is a remake and the online play is only 5vs5 it should be good. Not to mention it is a cross platform game so many will be playing.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

• Directors

Yes we have already talked with the devs about the game. We will be looking for some testers to help planning it

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Is there any plans in the future for the upcoming Counter Strike: Global Offensive game? It will be released on the 21st. Although it is a remake and the online play is only 5vs5 it should be good. Not to mention it is a cross platform game so many will be playing.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

They nixed this idea a LONG time ago.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72724/counter-strike-global-offensive-loses-cross-platform-multiplayer

Yeah no more cross platform. However I thought I read the other day they were setting up online for up to 20v20, not 5v5

This is from the August 12th Update:

[h=2]August 10th Update[/h] 10 Aug 2012 - csgo_blog_tag.png

CSGO-Model-01.jpg

When pre-purchasing began earlier this week, we posted change notes for a future update. That update is live now, and it contains several features and adjustments that were added since Tuesday. These new changes are primarily focused on the community and players who prefer larger servers.

To help players discover new community servers, the main menu now includes a Community Quick-Play option, and the community server browser can now be accessed from both the main menu and the in-game pause menu.

Meanwhile, our official servers now support up to 20 players. To accommodate the larger number of players, the new scoreboard and the mini scoreboard both support up to 24 players. Team select screens have also been adjusted to show avatars and names for up to 24 players.

even though it is 5v5, it also allows bots to be put in (from what I have read), which will be great for clans especially since you will be able to practice without a full squad, and will make it fun to practice prewar matches..

I will be buying it:)... Hopefully there will someday be another clan game that was as good as the old Socoms.:)

I'm honestly surprised this game isn't on or at least appearing to be on many former Socomer's radar. Other than being first person isn't it pretty close to being classic socom?

-Round based no respawn games

-Gamemodes similar to socom, hostage extract, demo(or breach)

-no sprint

-no ads (everything seems to be from the hip like early socom's)

-Also Confrontation launched with only 7 maps for 60 bucks(w mic) and Counter Strike is only 15 dollars and will launch with 16 maps

I dont know anything about clan support or custom matches though, so that will be the deal maker or breaker.

I'm honestly surprised this game isn't on or at least appearing to be on many former Socomer's radar. Other than being first person isn't it pretty close to being classic socom?

-Round based no respawn games

-Gamemodes similar to socom, hostage extract, demo(or breach)

-no sprint

-no ads (everything seems to be from the hip like early socom's)

-Also Confrontation launched with only 7 maps for 60 bucks(w mic) and Counter Strike is only 15 dollars and will launch with 16 maps

I dont know anything about clan support or custom matches though, so that will be the deal maker or breaker.

Gonna have to agree with ya there Rebel.... I played CS first, and then when Socom came out, the move over to it wasnt that bad (besides having to get use to Playstation controller....Socom and CS are close, but aslo differant... Socoms maps are alot bigger, but CS has move close range firefighting... And IMO Counter Strike is the ultimate test for people who love to snipe (camping is almost impossible)...

Any Socom fan should be foaming at the mouth to get this game. I know I cant wait for it to drop...

Gonna have to agree with ya there Rebel.... I played CS first, and then when Socom came out, the move over to it wasnt that bad (besides having to get use to Playstation controller....Socom and CS are close, but aslo differant... Socoms maps are alot bigger, but CS has move close range firefighting... And IMO Counter Strike is the ultimate test for people who love to snipe (camping is almost impossible)...

Any Socom fan should be foaming at the mouth to get this game. I know I cant wait for it to drop...

It's hard for me to get very excited for any game these days. The history of the franchise, or the developer doesn't matter. After all the BS gamers have endured over the last few years, it's near impossible to buy into anything they are selling.

I was just talking about the severe decline in games from years past with a friend. Sure the graphics of games are better than ever before. That's about the only thing. You can buy virtually any game and beat it within a day or two. The gameplay is always lacking one thing or another. Over complicated interfaces that never seem to work as intended. Remember when it took you WEEKS to beat RE or Tomb Raider. Hell even the first Socom campaign was a PIA to finish. Especially on expert. I may be a bit jaded I guess, but I can't get hyped until it's in my hand.

The thing you can expect about CSGO is that you won't see another CS game anytime soon. There was an 8 year gap between CS Source and CSGO.

Not necessarily true valve is a top tier developer and if there is a market for their game they will most likely expand on it. The reason why it's been so long is because Gabe from valve has never been a big fan of consoles and if it's not broke don't fix it. Counter strike source is consistently one of the top games played on steam most of the time beating out games like cod for player counts.

Sent from my rooted galaxy S II running AOKP via Tapatalk 2

• Directors
Does anyone know if there will be some type of system in the game available to create matches for tournament play?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

At E3 they did confirm that we would be able to host tournaments with no issues, but we will wait and see of course :)

So..I'm really digging this game so far, but I'm concerned about clans/wars. Doesn't look like any clan support which isnt a huge deal, but no private rooms is. It seems like a party/lobby might be able to hold 10 people for a 5v5 but not sure if that works like that. Maybe a clan with 10 people can try it or something.

Other than that this to me is a faster paced classic socom in first person perspective. I really like it so far, its so skill based which is great.

So..I'm really digging this game so far, but I'm concerned about clans/wars. Doesn't look like any clan support which isnt a huge deal, but no private rooms is. It seems like a party/lobby might be able to hold 10 people for a 5v5 but not sure if that works like that. Maybe a clan with 10 people can try it or something.

Other than that this to me is a faster paced classic socom in first person perspective. I really like it so far, its so skill based which is great.

It should be similar to socom since socom pretty copied all of it and changed it to third person. Lol

Sent from my rooted galaxy S II running AOKP via Tapatalk 2

• Directors
There is no match system that could be used to create a tournament.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Ok so I am not blind, I could not find it either

• Directors

I just had hopes as much as I dislike cod they are putting a lot of focus on esports in blops2 so we might be able to use it

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Well I looked it up and there is only one way to war right now. It isn't ideal but it certainly is do-able and shouldn't be much of a hassle.

Say clan A is hosting the war against clan B. Someone from clan A goes to "play with friends" and makes a party and brings their 4 other guys to the party, then they invite clan B and all of their people join, putting 10 people in the party for a 5v5. Host selects whether it is classic casual or classic competitive then defuse or hostage mission. Then host starts the match. If the war is suppose to be on the dust map for example but aztec comes up, everyone can vote for that map and then vote to end game and then the game would end and start with the war map.