Hey everyone....

This is really for those who have the 40G version of the PS3.

With only 2 USB ports, I have more than I few things I wouldn't mind having to always switch out here and there whenever I need them.

A controller being recharged.

A keyboard.

A headset.

Now this PS3 Eye.

Can I successfully use like a USB hub of some sort plugged into one of the USB ports in the PS3 and have that work ALL of the above, simultaneously, without any problems? Is anyone currently doing this?

I know when I had the 60G, and it had 4 USB ports, some of them wouldn't work, or I'd have to plug my mic into a certain port but not the others, or the keyboard and the headset wouldn't work if both were plugged in. I don't know.

But again....was wondering if anyone here has first-hand knowledge of a multi-USB hub SUCCESSFULLY working on a 40G.

Yeah I currently use one of those USB Expansion boxes from Best Buy.. I need to plug in my keyboard, Headset, Charger and a couple more things. It works fine. I actually would recommend buying one of those even if you dont have many USB devices to plug in. Those USB ports for the PS3 are easily damaged, you remove the plug 5-6 times and its done, it wont work anymore. Its like 20 bucks at bestbuy.

MaluNYMets ]

Yeah I currently use one of those USB Expansion boxes from Best Buy.. I need to plug in my keyboard, Headset, Charger and a couple more things. It works fine. I actually would recommend buying one of those even if you dont have many USB devices to plug in. Those USB ports for the PS3 are easily damaged, you remove the plug 5-6 times and its done, it wont work anymore. Its like 20 bucks at bestbuy.

That is good info to know when I buy my ps3. Yous guys are so informative ;D

Neon_King_Kong ]

Yo tow I actually bought rock band for my ps3 40 gb and I noticed that I needed a USB hub so I went and got the rock band hub and when Im not playing rock band I have my control, headset iPod, phone and I have my keyboard connected works fine for what 20 something bucks

Great idea.

Thank you.

It's an actual "Rock Band Hub?"

Undertow ]
Neon_King_Kong ]

Yo tow I actually bought rock band for my ps3 40 gb and I noticed that I needed a USB hub so I went and got the rock band hub and when Im not playing rock band I have my control, headset iPod, phone and I have my keyboard connected works fine for what 20 something bucks

Great idea.

Thank you.

It's an actual "Rock Band Hub?"

yea it actually says ROCK BAND on it ha you could find it pretty much anywhere target gamestop even wallmart! ha its a white little box with 4 ports on it and the extra on the ps3

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

I went to my local Micro Center today and picked up a 4-port USB Hub made by their in-house brand name.

$8.99 and the thing works like a charm, with my headset, keyboard, PS3 Eye and my 2nd Controller Charger all plugged into it and all working properly.

So again, thank you for the help.

- TOW