UF really needs your help

• Directors

Guys we have always avoided asking the community for donations or anything financial related, but we are now at the point where we need to get some help to get us through the next few months... a lot of this has to do with the fact that I once again am without work. So any suggestions would be great on a way for us to raise some funding.

If you would rather just drop some change in the pot, by all means take advantage of the Spec Ops function, long story short, you join and the ads are removed for you as a perk... there are other perks as well but that is really the one that matters. You can do this by going to http://www.urgentfury.com/payments.php and choosing an option.

We are not looking for several thousands of dollars just enough to cover costs for the next few months which is about $750 or so. Feel free to comment with your thoughts, but please keep it civil.

Edited by Shane

• Directors
Pay to enter with prize packs for winners.

In the short term you could turn off some services or close for maintenance until u have the $$$$

Well we don't have the option to turn of services, but are you meaning a pay to enter tournament?

How about this idea for any future pay for tournies. You set a small roster size that is adequate for the tourney and then any extra roster spots have a per spot user fee, if you will.

Example: Say when we did black tournies and they were 6v6. You would allow teams a free 8-10 man roster. The fee for the tourney is say $20.00. Any roster spot over the max size would have an small extra roster spot fee, per extra spot of between $2 & $4 . So if you submit a 10 man roster for the tourney your cost is $20, however if you submit a roster with 20 names, your team would have to pay extra for the 10 extra names on the roster.

Larger Tac map tournies where battles are 8 v 8 and larger, you allow teams a free 16-20 man roster and additional spot cost between $2 and $4.

This also has the potential to cut down on teams adding player names for ringers.

• Directors
I would do a pay to enter tourny on ghost recon if we did it the old school way!

8 man rosters keep it small

Old School way as in TacMap?

How about this idea for any future pay for tournies. You set a small roster size that is adequate for the tourney and then any extra roster spots have a per spot user fee, if you will.

Example: Say when we did black tournies and they were 6v6. You would allow teams a free 8-10 man roster. The fee for the tourney is say $20.00. Any roster spot over the max size would have an small extra roster spot fee, per extra spot of between $2 & $4 . So if you submit a 10 man roster for the tourney your cost is $20, however if you submit a roster with 20 names, your team would have to pay extra for the 10 extra names on the roster.

Larger Tac map tournies where battles are 8 v 8 and larger, you allow teams a free 16-20 man roster and additional spot cost between $2 and $4.

This also has the potential to cut down on teams adding player names for ringers.

Interesting idea here bandit...

Raffle something really cool. $1.00 a ticket. When the money hits the goal draw a name.

If I had some extra $$$ I would buy something kool to raffle arrgggg... I wish we had something that would be good to raffle.

• Directors

I do like the idea of a fundraising tournament though... I just wish everyone would stop being so resistant of the ladder system, because it has a whole automated process for this... entry fees, match submissions, live stats... ohh well... at least part of the community is using it.

Edited by Shane

• Directors
If it was easier to add people instead of depending on everyone to visit the site then you might have more luck.

There is no way to avoid requiring users to register, that is really the point to combat ringers and such and to verify that users listed on the roster are real people... as for after they are done registering, its all of 2 seconds for the leaders to add them to the roster.

• Directors
Back to the Raffle idea, would you guys be interested in raffling off a COD Black Ops II Care Package?

Well that stinks, after a little research, we cannot do a pay to enter raffle as we are not a non profit organization. Ok back to square 1.

Well that stinks, after a little research, we cannot do a pay to enter raffle as we are not a non profit organization. Ok back to square 1.

A donate to enter raffle?

Every donation get's you a raffle ticket?

Fantasy pick em? Everyone that enters pays a 5 dollar fee.

Each week every entrant picks the teams that they think will win the games and the one with the most correct wins gets a % of the money? Like 20$.

• Directors

I have found a work around with the spec ops program... we are testing that now with this drawing http://www.urgentfury.com/raffles.php

That doesn't make sense.. Is there a typo in there.?

How can you not charge if you are a Non-profit.?

I could see not being able to charge if you WERE a nonprofit, but not the other way around. lol

Maybe spend the money to get a new game then have everyone put in $5 for a raffle, it's worth a try for $5.

One thing the community can do is click on the ads.!! :)

PS. why are ladders always such a pain to get going.? lol

• Directors
That doesn't make sense.. Is there a typo in there.?

How can you not charge if you are a Non-profit.?

I could see not being able to charge if you WERE a nonprofit, but not the other way around. lol

Maybe spend the money to get a new game then have everyone put in $5 for a raffle, it's worth a try for $5.

One thing the community can do is click on the ads.!! :)

PS. why are ladders always such a pain to get going.? lol

I think its because they consider it a lottery and there is a clause for non profits.... but like I said we have a work around, we can do 1 free entry for anyone and reward our Spec Ops members with additional entries since it is a membership.

But now that we got the brackets working properly we can also do some tourneys to raise money as well.