Guest H.A.V.0.C

In computing, the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network, such as over the Internet.

FTP is a commonly used protocol for exchanging files over any TCP/IP based network to manipulate files on another computer on that network regardless of which operating systems are involved (if the computers permit FTP access). There are many existing FTP client and server programs. FTP servers can be set up anywhere between game servers, voice servers, internet hosts, and other physical servers.

I know what FTP is but Adobe Go Live worked and I have entered the same information but Dreamweaver won't connect. I have tried the tutorials and even bought a book but cannot get it to work so I was looking for someone that is good with Dreamweaver to give me some ideas on what to try next. Or maybe they knew about some settings that I need to change. I don't have adobe Go live anymore and I have heard that Dreamweaver is better than Go Live.

• Directors

also, is there a reason you choose not to use a stand alone FTP client rather than the very slow Dreamweaver remote ftp?

I am just trying to get more knowledgeable in this stuff. I did some work with our site but realized that I need to know more so I can do more. I used Adobe Go Live 6.0 and lost it. Then I heard that Dreamweaver was a great designing program. I thought that the FTP program and Adobe Go Live or Dreamweaver were one in the same. I want to learn how do design more and update/edit our site. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated.

• Directors

yeah, weaver is great, I use it. but unless you are creating an entire site to upload and want to remote serve it for testing, you will have better control of what goes on with your content by using a standalone ftp. none the less, i can still walk you through it.