Ice Truckers

I seen it. It's pretty badass. This is a series that comes on every Sunday. They never said how much they make, only that they can make a years salary in 8-10 weeks. My dad owns his own rig and pulls in about 900K -1 Mil a year so I can only imagine what these guys are making in 10 weeks.

The crab hunters pull in a 1K per pod that has at least 700 crab. The captain gets what....50% of the take and the rest is split amongst the crew of 4-5? I think these truckers are pulling more cash in but the risk is not as high, don't know.

Pretty intresting to watch to say the least.

Cuz

He is on a contract that hauls hydraulics from Pennsylvania to Texas with some Military hauls. That is gross not net. You have to figure in fuel, break downs, tires, food, insurance, truck payment, etc.... He is a self made millionare but that life style is not one that I would not want to live and it's not easy on the family at home.

.Cuz_ ]

He is on a contract that hauls hydraulics from Pennsylvania to Texas with some Military hauls.  That is gross not net.  You have to figure in fuel, break downs, tires, food, insurance, truck payment, etc.... He is a self made millionare but that life style is not one that I would not want to live and it's not easy on the family at home.

ahhh okay, yeah I know what being the son of a trucker is like. That's sweet your dad got in on the military contracts, so much f'ing money right now haha.

Anywyas my Dad is a bed bugger himself, he pulls in anywhere from $225 k-$600 k a year himself. He's an Indepenent Contractor for Graebel Van Lines and runs out of Corporate HQ in Colorado. I used to spend my summers until football practices began on the road with him throughout High School. The way of the road is rough for families and some truckers, but to me there was no other freedom more fulfilling than being out there on the road with him.

ANd yeah I know all about the expenses, on top of all those my dad has to pay for his own labor which is $140 for a days labor. But he's made some big dough in past years by moving some head honchos, like the Longaberger's of Longaberger Basket's and the guy who developed the ATM program, he lives on a mountain in Colorado now, not sure where exactly though, lol cause I'd go "visit" him for some of that mullah of his! ahahaha

D

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

okay, i didnt think that something thios cool could be made gay, but congrats to the history channel. a quote (not exact) from last weeks show, "a truckers worst enemy is frozen air lines. no air means no brakes."

dumb shits need to do some research.

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

yeah big cop off of deadliest catch... didn't really enjoy watchin guys drive trucks over ice as much as watchin dudes get tossed around like a cork in a bathtub.

Deadliest catch > ice truckers!