An Apocalypse is born from an Uprising!

Many have speculated, but it is now official: After an illustrious history in which 8 championships and countless victories were achieved, the Uprising has closed it's doors. In recent months we had undergone some cosmetic changes, with MikeJaxon stepping down as leader. Jax remained on as a member, until resigning from competitive clan gaming in January due to the grind therein. The truth is that many of us felt the same as he did. We were just tired of the countless hours of practicing, preparing, and overall strenuous requirements of competitive gaming. We wanted to get back to being a family and just enjoying each other's company online.

With Jax's resignation we decided to undergo a change to a new clan. The Uprising was his and it would feel weird to continue on without him. I can say without question that he was the most involved and instrumental leader to a clan's success I have ever been near and later, a part of. With the change, we also decided to become a casual clan. Just fun, family, and friends enjoying being online with each other. Some members were not ready to remove themselves from the competitive realm and we FULLY respect their decision to go another direction. With the change over, myself and Exile decided to promote 3 men to lead with us who have stuck with this family for many years, Arcs, Immersive, and ZTailGunner.

I myself remember long ago reading Undertow's retirement post, containing reasons similar to Jax's. I said to myself (a young lad at the time in gaming terms), that'd never be me, very naively thinking I'd be playing tourneys until I was old and brittle. Or basically to Jax's age haha (j/k)! The truth is life happens and you find gaming to be less and less important, though the relationships will never dwindle in that respect. I still treasure the friends, family, and memories I have shared in my 10+ years of online gaming, but I too am just tired of it all competitively speaking. When I have time to game, which will be increasing to normal, I want to just enjoy the company of my guys, shoot the shit, and zombie out online.

Without further ado, as I've written far too many long posts lately, I want to announce to the community that [apoX] Apocalypse Gaming has been born! We are a gaming family here with the intent for the foreseeable future of being just a casual clan. That doesn't mean that we won't strive for victory in any objective we face, merely that we will not be partaking in the competitive aspect (tournaments, ladders, etc). We are looking for active players who want to win and are down to earth, good people.

Check us out at www.apoxgaming.com. Fill out an application if you are a like-minded individual, who just wants to get back to the roots of gaming to have fun with friends in a family atmosphere.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

I am sorry to hear the U has retired. As long as I've been around these parts you have been a top contender clan who has been a piece of the heart that is Urgent Fury. Although I'm sorry to see the U close it's doors, I am instilled with HOPE as Apox is born. It's good to know you guys will still be around and look forward to running into you on the battlefield, whether it be in a courageous alliance or a fight to the death! I, and I think we, hope you will always find a home here and know you have comrades to rely on.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to MikeJaxon and The U.

I sound a twenty-one gun salute...

:laser:

This was an amazing post lash, it describes almost completely how I've felt lately, and how I feel a lot of SHO feels. Getting old sucks, the competitor in me wants to battle for years to come, but the time and dedication it takes is just too much out of me. I can't speak for the clan but I feel this tac map might be my last hoorah as well. I wish the best for apoX I'm sure u guys will do great. Ill b seeing u in madden sir.

Said my Droid DNA.

I didn't really believe it when someone told me that Uprising was done. Just to go back and think about all the crazy matches we had in MW2, BO1, and Socom 4. Must say it was a pleasure competing against Uprising and VR. As a former leader, you never realize how much of a central pillar you are to your community. What you do is really just holding everything together, when that pillar goes... it's tough to carry on. MJ was a good guy for Uprising.

Edited by Pillorian