So Always on is the hot topic for XBox

• Directors

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/05/microsoft-studios-creative-director-dismisses-concerns-over-alw/

Adam Orth, creative director at Microsoft's video game division, doesn't "get the drama around having an 'always on' console." Orth took to Twitter yesterday to publicly dismiss criticisms of always-online consoles, likely in response to Kotaku sources recently saying the next-generation Xbox will require an online connection to play games.

What do you think?

• Directors

I think you guys missed the point of the quote. The Xbox executive was defending always on feverishly telling people they should just deal with it. Read the article linked.

At no point am I saying this is really going to be a feature, but the topic really got a lot of focus after this executive started defending the feature.

sent over some kind of WiFi from a mobile device cause I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer or I'm not at home.

Things are getting interesting at MS:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/10/microsoft-creative-director-departs-after-always-on-controversy?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Orth is no longer with the company following last week’s “deal with it†comments. The news comes via Polygon, who confirmed with two sources that Orth has departed.

According to Game Informer, Orth resigned, though it’s currently unconfirmed “whether this was a voluntary or forced resignation.â€

Last week, Orth posted a series of tweets in response to rumors that Microsoft’s next console will require a constant internet connection. At the time, Orth told followers to “deal with it†and noted that “I don't get the drama around having an 'always-on' console. Every device is now 'always-on.’â€

A day later, Microsoft commented “we apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers.â€

We’ve reached out to Microsoft about Orth’s departure and will update this story with any comment we receive.