2 new pics of Confrontation!

I got to say that... confrontation does not look anything crazy... I think they are hyping it up so much including us and we are all going to be so ticked when it comes out... I know ive been waiting for this forever... and they keep pushing it... man if they didnt make it to something better then COD it was all a waste..

SouthwoodS ]

COD gets/got boring. Cod 4 is no socom. Socom has a way better community features than COD. COD 4 didnt set the bar and didnt reach the bar. Socom did.

lol, please......  The "community" is the ONLY thing Socom3 & CA had going for it.  And if "that" was the bar you'd still be over there playing it.  The potential of what Socom should be has been pushed BIGTIME by CoD4 and they (Slant Six & Zipper) need to deliver.  We now know that a "community" can be made perfectly and it can and should be combined with great graphics and gameplay.  There is no need for a player to "settle" on a game without both.  So yes, the bar has been set with CoD4 and in the end WE as gamers benefit.

I think UF itself going into COD4/PS3 and being successful itself states the answer.. Socom was a great game during its TIME... but that time has gone... again like i stated before.. socom confronation has had more then enough time given to them by patient fans to make the game far better then anything else... It will get no mercy once it comes out from anyone..

You dudes crack me the hell up. Socom has already released a very game that we ALL sat in front of for hours. If confrontation was nothing but old maps geeked out with new areas and mostly the exact same gameplay with allll the sweet new graphics, we'd all still sit in front of it. The bar that Cod 4 set mostly applies to RESPAWN stlye FPS. Nobody is playing Socom right now, because everyone has the next gen bug. Even if COD wasn't out, socom's numbers would be waay down. Plenty of time consuming fun games on all the next gen'ers. All of the tactical players will most definately flock back, regardless of what they say. ;D

BigMoneyNacku ]

You dudes crack me the hell up. Socom has already released a very game that we ALL sat in front of for hours. If confrontation was nothing but old maps geeked out with new areas and mostly the exact same gameplay with allll the sweet new graphics, we'd all still sit in front of it. The bar that Cod 4 set mostly applies to RESPAWN stlye FPS. Nobody is playing Socom right now, because everyone has the next gen bug. Even if COD wasn't out, socom's numbers would be waay down. Plenty of time consuming fun games on all the next gen'ers. All of the tactical players will most definately flock back, regardless of what they say. ;D

I'll agree with this.

I believe Socom set the bar on just about everything in this game that WE as a unified community look for. Socom brought the gameplay, it brought the community aspect and it brought a solidified clan aspect.

CoD4 brought the graphics (which it was supposed to because it's next gen). it brought the action (with the respawn) and it brought us FPS, which some like and some don't.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, I think it rather EASY to say that CoD4 has set the bar for anything, ONLY because CoD4 was basically the FIRST game related enough to what we're accustomed to in Socom that we all decided to give it a try. I say "first" because it wasn't like Gears or Warhawk where that was futuristic and it wasn't like Vegas where the online team play was very limited by our ("our" meaning typical accustomed Socom gamers) standards. CoD4 was the CLOSEST thing that came out on PS3 thus far that we all took a chance on and enjoyed (or some not enjoyed as much....).

Thus far, I can't say that CoD4 itself has set any bar.....they're just one of the few first shooters on NEXT-GEN. Next-GEN set the bar and all games coming out on it are going to look great.

In Socom, the game was laid out as we all like it.

In CoD4, we've all been busy trying to make these map modes LIKE Socom, instead of CoD4 laying the game out like that for starters.

I think in fairness, NO ONE has or can really set the bar until BOTH of these games are out on the same system....or, forgetting about Socom.....until a FEW games of the same present-day, military-shooter, clan/community-based online game comes out....because THEN we could look at both or all titles and clearly see, from those presented, who truly sets the bar. It could be CoD4 because Socom will fall flat on its face, or it could be Socom where it truly does bring it with this new title. But I don't know if any of us can truly say that a bar has been set anywhere until an equal comparison can be made.

Thus far, we're all comparing one company's new offering on the PS3 to someone's older offering on the PS2.

I like CoD4, and I'm anticipating Socom Confrontation.

And when they're both out and both played, then I'll go ahead and take my side.

I can't do that now because we're talking PS2s and PS3s here....apples and oranges.

CoD4 has brought the graphics and gameplay........ Socom has always had the "community"........ I think what IW has done is made Slant Six & Zipper step up and I thank them for that. There is NOBODY on this planet that wants to regain their love for Socom then me.

There are enough games out there where developers can pull from to put out a top notch product for ANY next gen system.