Official Retirement of Special Operations Training Group

Effective June 30, 2007, Special Operations Training Group will be officially standing down from the SOCOM arena.

Originally founded back in 2002 through the assistance of the Sea Snipers, SOTG found its home in US West 3 with only a handful of members. That would soon change. Based on a core set of values, SOTG began to blossom into a professional organization of mature adults playing SOCOM together in an attempt to meet certain medal-earning criteria we had set for ourselves. As a truly innovative clan, SOTG was one of the very first SOCOM clans to actually set standards for statistical medals and awards, and had since continued to add medals and awards to the list, based on different statistical achievements made possible by the game itself.

Upon the release of SOCOM II, SOTG moved into the Canada West 1 servers in search of less lag, as well as fewer people. As the SOTG name continued to spread like a virus, more and more gamers flocked to SOTG, which resulted in the growth to four full rosters of active members, as well as a countless number of inactive members. In a search to find quality competition, the members of SOTG were happy to see the eSEALs come into the scene. Soon afterwards, SOCOM gameplay took a turn for the worse with the introduction of "GameBattles" into the scene. The days of real-world, wartime gameplay was soon to end with the bogus idea that "grenade launchers and rocket launchers were not fair"...the last time I checked, you don't call your enemy to tell them you are going to attack them, but only if they don't use GLs and Rockets! Unfortunately, this disease spread to eSEALs as well.

Moving into SOCOM III, an excited member base was ready to move onto the "new and improved" SOCOM, but were quickly let down once the game was released. SONY hadn't really changed much, and the fad of "unfair weapons" continued...

Into SOCOM:CA, yet another let down ensued...

During these trials and tribulations, SOTG had seen many internal issues, which resulted in members leaving to form new clans, such as CDK, HollowGround, and *nt, all of which have made, and are currently making a name for themselves in the SOCOM arena, as well as in other PS3 games. SOTG has continued to exist through these times, however due to many members losing the desire to play SOCOM, or just simply not having the time to provide to gaming anymore, we have decided it is best to allow our remaining members the chance to find newer, more active clans.

We would like to thank all of our friends and allies who have continually supported us through the years, and wish you all well in the future. It is very difficult in todays gaming environment to find other clans that maintain a high level of gaming integrity and professionalism. You all are what continued to make the SOCOM series fun. We welcome you to invite our members into your ranks, if you so choose.

We have yet to decide what we will be doing with our website, namely our forums, however we may still keep them open so we can maintain our friendships that we have built with you all.

TO THE REMAINING SOTG MEMBERS: We bid you all Fair winds and following seas. Best of luck to you all!

On behalf of Special Operations Training Group and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Semper Fidelis and Godspeed!

Signed,

General Jarhead

Judge Advocate General

Special Operations Training Group

i can't believe the sea snipers now sotg are disbanding and moving on what the hell is happening to our socom community lets hope socom 4 is the bomb and our brothers in arms have a change of heart and restart there shit back up

if any of you members are looking for a new clan look us up

http://www.ictu-hq.com as we are a clan with similar values to sotg and have been in clans started by former sotg members

good luck to you all

I don't think anything is happening to the Socom community.

There are always fluctuations like this. I remember back in the day, back in Socom 1, the clan that seemed to be on the tips of everyone's lips was the Mercs [*M*] and USMC.....I never see those guys anymore, though I see some of the members scattered in other clans.

Today, we see the folding of clans like SOTG and the Snipers......but even when I saw the collapse of the Mercs and USMC back in the day, Socom still went on.

Today, Socom will still go on.....the games will still come, as we see in Confrontation.....and the UF community is still fine and thriving.

I don't think there needs to be so many doomsday vibes going on.

NOTHING is happening to the Socom community, in the grand scheme of things.

For people to say that slightly undercuts THEIR OWN clan's viability in the community. Aren't we ALL aspiring to be THE pinnacle example of how clans should be? Aren't all the clans in the UF community aspiring to be this? If so, then there's NOTHING happening to the Socom community except the typical rise of fall of various clans who are either created or dissolved by time. If anything, at least in this ever expanding circle of UF....the clans are only getting better, the environment is only getting better. The Socom Community is only getting better.

Perhaps some might call this my overly-optimistic outlook on things, but it's my outlook.

When I log onto these forums, I see PLENTY of clans here that are just as good, just as viable, just as visible and JUST as important as ANY clan that has hung up their Socom guns in the last few weeks.

Again, just my outlook.

Don't be selling your own (and other) clans short.

As shocking or as cold as it may sound, clans like Sea Snipers and SOTG may be gone, but in time (short or long) they are replaceable. ALL clans are. APC...Rogue 7.....SHO...+30....ALL of them.

What's important is that NEW clans continue to pop up that show the same values of honesty and integrity that WE all show here. As long as that keeps happening, then the Community itself will always be a-o-k.

.Cuz_ ]

Just this once, I agree with Nudertow. I never thought I would say this, but he is right. ;)

Aww, do you USUALLY find yourself on the opposite end of the opinion stick with me?

LOL

Call me Nudertow again, though, and I'll make SURE you don't like me anymore. ;)

H.A.V.0.C ]

And just because a person is a noob doesn't make them any less of a person. What if some people in this community noobs, you just called them noobs. Is it there fault that life delt them the cards they are playing? Noobs people have feelings too.

Sound Familiar?

UF3, and both blacks...noob eh.   Moving on.... Wink

P.S - Why does everyone have to attack everyone here....Damn!!!

Calling someone TRASH and calling them relatively new at something is a far cry of difference. I don't recall you as a clan rep in UF3?? I must have missed that one there buddy. No you didn't hit a nerve at all just giving you a reality check.

What the hell does all of that say..!?

I think Havoc has turrets or something.. or rainman syndrome. lol

Kmart, definetley Kmart.

lol.....

Damn I love this community.  Never a boring day here.  I would like to finish this with a huge thank you to the Founders of the Urgent Fury community.  I would not be playing this game today if it wasn't from the fine clans here that are the foundation of this community.  I truly, and I mean it, am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of your community.  Now, can I get some love here?

.Cuz_ ]

lol.....

Damn I love this community. Never a boring day here. I would like to finish this with a huge thank you to the Founders of the Urgent Fury community. I would not be playing this game today if it wasn't from the fine clans here that are the foundation of this community. I truly, and I mean it, am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of your community. Now, can I get some love here?

You can get your love when I can see the Hollow Ground site... >:(

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

I ran with USMC in S2...

USMC REDKNIGHT

lol then they booted me cuz I said I wouldn't put LCPL in my profile because it was a stupid idea to have an inner rank system within a clan...

yet.. I find myself with the oh so diplomatically driven APC.. where we run things like...

british parliament?

LOL

Undertow ]

I don't think anything is happening to the Socom community.

There are always fluctuations like this. I remember back in the day, back in Socom 1, the clan that seemed to be on the tips of everyone's lips was the Mercs [*M*] and USMC.....I never see those guys anymore, though I see some of the members scattered in other clans.

Today, we see the folding of clans like SOTG and the Snipers......but even when I saw the collapse of the Mercs and USMC back in the day, Socom still went on.

Today, Socom will still go on.....the games will still come, as we see in Confrontation.....and the UF community is still fine and thriving.

I don't think there needs to be so many doomsday vibes going on.

NOTHING is happening to the Socom community, in the grand scheme of things.

For people to say that slightly undercuts THEIR OWN clan's viability in the community. Aren't we ALL aspiring to be THE pinnacle example of how clans should be? Aren't all the clans in the UF community aspiring to be this? If so, then there's NOTHING happening to the Socom community except the typical rise of fall of various clans who are either created or dissolved by time. If anything, at least in this ever expanding circle of UF....the clans are only getting better, the environment is only getting better. The Socom Community is only getting better.

Perhaps some might call this my overly-optimistic outlook on things, but it's my outlook.

When I log onto these forums, I see PLENTY of clans here that are just as good, just as viable, just as visible and JUST as important as ANY clan that has hung up their Socom guns in the last few weeks.

Again, just my outlook.

Don't be selling your own (and other) clans short.

As shocking or as cold as it may sound, clans like Sea Snipers and SOTG may be gone, but in time (short or long) they are replaceable. ALL clans are. APC...Rogue 7.....SHO...+30....ALL of them.

What's important is that NEW clans continue to pop up that show the same values of honesty and integrity that WE all show here. As long as that keeps happening, then the Community itself will always be a-o-k.

Tow is exactly right here guys....Just because SOTG is retiring doesn't mean that SOCOM is over, and to think that is just absurd. The remaining members of SOTG just do not have the ability to commit to the time requirements of playing the game as a whole group, or to have the ability to participate in tourneys. While some of the causes of a decrease in playing time were due to the current SOCOM gameplay, the majority was just simply due to personal life.