Check out this PC, its so Tiny but packs a big punch

• Directors

Got this kool little PC in from www.xi3.com to review.... if you look not only does the box fit on my laptop the PC fits on the corner of my laptop. Review coming soon!

xi3.jpg

Edited by Shane

• Directors

Here are the specs:

5A Model # 5342

Processor Board

(Model No. CPU-5A-C21)

Processor/Socket:

Dual-core 64-bit 3400e

Speed: 1.8GHz

Memory: 2GB DDR2

L2 Cache: 1MB

Power: 20 Watts

Interface: HT3-1GHz

General Specs:

eSATA 3.0, 2.5 and 1.5 support

USB 2.0 support

PMC Optical Interface

Internal Storage: 16GB mSATA SSD (up to 128GB)

SSD Quick Boot (Linux or Windows)

External Connectors:

2 – eSATA 2.5 Ports

6 – USB 2.0 Ports (root hubs)

3 – Reconfigurable Audio channels

(1-3, Microphone, Headphone and/or

Line-in/Line-out)

Internal Connectors:

1 – USB 2.0 Connector

1 – Fan Connector

DirectX Support: DX11

Open GL: v2.0

Video Decode: UVD 2.0 – VC-1, MPEG2, MPEG4

HDCP: v1.3b (up to 1080p)

Side-Port Memory: 128MB (DDR2-800)

DP/DVI: 1080p, with Digital Audio (HDMI optional)

Max Resolution: 2560x1600 @ 32bpp (dual output capable)

Dual Display Standard: DVI-DL + VGA, DVI-DL + DP,

VGA + DP (HDMI converter optional)

External Connectors:

1 – Ethernet connector (10/100/1000)

1 – Display port (DP/DVI, HDMI optional)

1 – Display port (DVI-DL + VGA, DVI-DL + DP, VGA + DP)

1 – Power connector (19volts DC @ 3.42amps)

• External Size: 4.0- x 3.656- x 3.656-inches

• Integrated Power Management Controller

• Operating Temp. 32F – 140F

• Non-Operating Temp. -4F – 158F

• Elevation ≤ 10,000 Ft

• Phoenix Legacy BIOS

• Warranty 3-year Advance Replace (parts)

• Directors

Here is where I get a bit confused. Why so slow? My mini is 2.9 and a year old. Yet this is new and only 1.8?

Also, it says DVI (hdmi optional) so does that mean you need a DVI to hdmi adaptor? The mini I had three years ago was like that, but then its since gone hdmi native.

Yea my dell Inspiron 1501 from 2007 with a default 2GB of RAM at least has a AMD T4300 dual core 1.95 GHz processor and I'm currently using it today. It doesn't have DVI or HDMI but I would have that than this thing especially since I put an extra GB of RAM into it with a 320GB hard drive from its default 160GB.

This just doesn't seem worth it

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

• Directors
Here is where I get a bit confused. Why so slow? My mini is 2.9 and a year old. Yet this is new and only 1.8?

Also, it says DVI (hdmi optional) so does that mean you need a DVI to hdmi adaptor? The mini I had three years ago was like that, but then its since gone hdmi native.

It has both

Yea my dell Inspiron 1501 from 2007 with a default 2GB of RAM at least has a AMD T4300 dual core 1.95 GHz processor and I'm currently using it today. It doesn't have DVI or HDMI but I would have that than this thing especially since I put an extra GB of RAM into it with a 320GB hard drive from its default 160GB.

This just doesn't seem worth it

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Though this is the lower end model, the higher end models have stronger processors, more ram, etc. One of the key points is the purpose of a PC like this... it is an ultra small form factor pc. It has multiple uses including things like digital signage, portability (which is what I am looking at), etc. You can configure the actual PC components to match your needs in the size of a tower that fits in the palm of your hand.

• Directors

Idk man. Seems like a novelty to me. How is there any benefit to this that a laptop doesn't exceed in convenience and power?

• Directors

For applications like digital signage this is pretty huge... configured correctly this could be a powerhouse pc for gamers, at the booth in SXSW they were playing Black Ops 2 on one with no issues at all...

For me I am reviewing it for a streaming set up... portability is a huge factor.

I agree with John. I don't see a benefit to this at all. Lol

I wouldn't consider this portable. Sure you can almost fit it in your pocket but what about the monitor, mouse, keyboard. You would have to pack that too. Also no WiFi or battery backup.

Portable use to me would be an all-in-one device. IPad, Tablet, Nook, laptop, ect...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by GOODY_11

• Directors
I agree with John. I don't see a benefit to this at all. Lol

I wouldn't consider this portable. Sure you can almost fit it in your pocket but what about the monitor, mouse, keyboard. You would have to pack that too. Also no WiFi or battery backup.

Portable use to me would be an all-in-one device. IPad, Tablet, Nook, laptop, ect...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Goody I get what you are saying, but the application has a lot of uses... imagine PC Tournaments, you can put 64 of these in a single shipping case... and believe me when it comes to carrying around my Streaming set up will happily take any reduction in size... with my GAEMS case and this PC I can virtually set up and stream anywhere I have Clearwire coverage. As for WiFi you can get an USB adapter for that, no reason to integrate it. I will not stream over WiFi anyway.