Xbox One Reactions

hey iridium... what games do you know of that have been ported to pc? every game built by every publisher is created on a pc. for years now, the standard pc game has been written for directcx, which the xbox 360 utilized, and which is a huge reason xbox saw games and patches earlier than ps3 guys. the ps4 is finally going to have directx so there will be no more ports for the playstation faithful. but I really want to know where your info is coming from? name one game dreated on a console and ported to a pc

First lets clear up a few things. It actually does not matter that the game was developed on a Windows platform. A game can be developed/created on a Linux or even a Mac. My first post on this thread, I actually explained the differences between COD on PS3 and 360. Just a refresher, PS3 uses their own proprietary version of a heavily modified OpenGL and the 360 uses a DirectX variant that is more specific for Xbox. You can not run an Xbox game on PC for this reason. Even though PC and Xbox still both use DirectX, there are still things ported for it to run on PC.

However, all of these things DO NOT attribute to "faster" patches as you are indicating. There have been several COD Community managers that have explained why patches release sooner on 360 than on PS3. They explain this is because it takes Sony QA testers longer to process patches than it takes Microsoft. I don't recall who said it but I remember CM saying that Sony's patch QA is more rigorous.

The best way I can describe creating Xbox games is like making apps for iOS and making PC games is like creating apps for Andriod. What do I mean by this? Up until the retina was released, it was easy to develop for iOS as resolution, scaling, hardware etc were fairly standard across all of their devices. For console, the hardware is set in stone. When someone develops on the an Android platform, they have to consider the thousands of different Andriod devices which all have different processors, RAM types/amounts, resolution and screen size, and interfaces (keyboard, onscreen, or both). Which is why this is a great comparison to PC games as there are literally millions of combinations that they have to deal with. One of the more significant items on PC is the Graphics Card, as they have to ensure that the game runs well on both nVidia and AMD platforms. The only means of input on the Xbox 360 and PS3 is the controller and when it comes to resolutions, they only have to develop for 720 and SD as they upscale games to 1080. I believe PS3 later began having some games run natively in 1080.

Now there are actually 2 ways people consider "ports to PC". The first, is what you mentioned is the code port. I don't need to explain this more. The second is input and functionality ports. So many games of the multiplatform games released to not include functionality that is ideal for PC controls. Things like locked FOV on FPS titles, menu systems/interfaces that are better used with controllers than mouse

If you want one game, here you go:

Dark Souls

PS3/360 Release: 9/22/11

PC Port Release: 8/24/12

- 30 FPS lock (no matter how powerful your machine is).

- 1024x720 resolution lock (without mods)

- Impossible to play with Mouse + KB.

I highly recommend watching this entire video, puddy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1dQTTgSeA

My question for so many people in this community is why on earth would you chose to play BF3 on console over PC? Graphics aside, why would you play on gigantic maps that don't have the amount of players supported that the maps were designed for?

If you guys want more comparisons of console versus PC games I recommend checking out Skyrim, Far Cry 3, and Crysis.

As I said in the first post that I referred to earlier, I think it will be a good thing that PS4 will be running DirectX, this will drastically improve the quality in multiplatform games on the Playstation like COD, BF, etc. I just think its ridiculous that we are seeing 2007 levels of graphic fidelity in 2013 and console exclusive players are peeing their pants over it.

Prime example:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/11122-call-duty-ghosts-realistic-jungle-vs-first-crysis-realistic-jungle.html

9iiOvE7.gif

• Directors

This is going way off topic... we can have a PC vs Console in another thread... and to be honest not to fond of the argument because of a lot of factors including that pc gamers are limited to their personal budget, so there is never going to be a best PC.

There are advantages to consoles especially when it comes to the persons budget.

Now back to the topic at hand XBox One... carry on.

The answer to that Rid is simple. I like the console feel and the console community rather than DB nerds on pcs and the mouse and keyboard. Lol ill play minecraft all day on it but my xbox 360 and my ps are what I enjoy playing a majority of my games on. :)

What exactly do you mean by "feel" and "community"? Also you do realize that if not for PC games like Counter Strike, the only game you play, would not exist? And you do realize that 2 of the 3 games at MLG events this year are PC games? As soon as COD hits the dust, there won't be console games at the events. There are many games on PC that I know you would like not Minecraft (I hate minecraft tbh), it is just unfortunate that you are too ignorant to be open minded.

We've had the conversation on other sites about the mouse + kb advantages on PC and you claimed that having to have faster reflexes because the mouse is more accurate is like cheating? So what you are saying there is playing in a rec basketball league feels better for you than playing NBA basketball?

This is going way off topic... we can have a PC vs Console in another thread... and to be honest not to fond of the argument because of a lot of factors including that pc gamers are limited to their personal budget, so there is never going to be a best PC.

There are advantages to consoles especially when it comes to the persons budget.

Now back to the topic at hand XBox One... carry on.

How much will the PS4 and Xbox One cost? You can build a PC that outperforms them for the same price.

But yeah, no reason to continue this discussion.

• Directors
How much will the PS4 and Xbox One cost? You can build a PC that outperforms them for the same price.

But yeah, no reason to continue this discussion.

Est 400 - 500... and like I said the PC vs Console is a whole different topic, this is about the Xbox One Reveal

The only game I play? I play about a million things more than CoD including pokemon, fallout our still, madden and a heap of other games. As for the feel and community, i am referring to the controller and the people who play each system or pc. I like the controller over mouse and keyboard and if you feel that way on pc and use one, you're at a disadvantage.

And the community of pc people is just a lot of people who think they are superior beings like yourself and that because they are 4chan addicts, that they are all knowing.

I know fps games were started on pc and will give them credit, but it doesn't mean its always the best choice.

And your basketball analogy is just lame because console or system preference is up to the individual, and I'm glad to give up a little bit of graphics for a more comfortable and enjoyable experience on either console.

• Directors

Wow, just wow:

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-just-had-a-very-bad-day-511766497

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-needs-to-connect-to-the-internet-every-24-hour-511751949

Here is the bulk of the news from today:

Here's a recap:

• The console must connect to the internet once every 24 hours in order for you to play games. For many people, from military personnel to students, that's an inconvenience, maybe even an impossibility. Never mind what happens to everybody's console if Microsoft's servers ever come down.
  • The Xbox One will allow the sale of used games, at "participating retailers", but only if the publisher allows it. Publishers being the very people opposed most fiercely to used video game sales.
  • There are restrictions on how you can "give" and "loan" your games away. What's more, lending won't be available at launch, with Microsoft still "exploring the possibilities with our partners".

Even some of the "good" news is really just "not as bad news". Or "an avoidance of bad news".

• Responding to fears over privacy issues surrounding the "always plugged-in" Kinect, Microsoft says you can turn the Kinect off.

Leaving the sole piece of "oh, OK, that's pretty cool news" to be:

• You can have up to ten people in your Xbox One "family", and can share all your content among them, regardless of which console they're using.

So does sharing with 10 family members mean I can buy a game and all my "family" members will ne able to download and play on their systems as well? Like say simultaneously? If so than "family" will only have to buy maybe four copies of a game to fill out a 40 man/woman roster.

LoL

So does sharing with 10 family members mean I can buy a game and all my "family" members will be able to download and play on their systems as well? Like say simultaneously? If so than "family" will only have to buy maybe four copies of a game to fill out a 40 man/woman roster.

LoL

• Like 1

• Directors

From XBox:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

From the second link:

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

So does sharing with 10 family members mean I can buy a game and all my "family" members will be able to download and play on their systems as well? Like say simultaneously? If so than "family" will only have to buy maybe four copies of a game to fill out a 40 man/woman roster.

LoL

I think someone told me that the difference between the way this works in comparison to Steam is this allows for simultaneous use of the same content. So in theory this may work.

Regarding the 24 hour thing, that is pretty bad for consumers. When you think about the logistics of beginning to moving over to soley digital formats, which is where we are headed, this is definitely one way to combat piracy, but definitely not the best one. It should be interesting to see how Sony deals with this. Especially considering now they are on a x86 platform which will make it easier for people to crack. The good thing about the PS3 was it took so long for it to crack until that guy "georgehots" or whatever decided to try his hand in it. However, if Sony isn't careful, it may be more prone to game hacks in this case.

• Directors

This is the scariest thing yet.....

"Unfortunately its not even just games that are getting the proverbial shafting with the Xbox One. Now thanks to the new and improved Kinect (which is mandatory) your new Xbox One will recognize how many people are currently in the vicinity of your console. Apart from the obvious privacy issues that this thing has seemingly whipped up, this also creates a huge problem for watching movies. How you may ask? Because now if your Xbox One recognizes that there is a set number of people watching the movie being played it will charge you with yet ANOTHER fee. It’s similar in the way that university clubs and organizations are charged for showing a movie on campus. They pay for the right to show the movie to a large group of people. But why oh why is this necessary for a home console like the Xbox One??? What happens to large families who simply want to spend time together to watch a family movie? Will they be charged for doing something that every family does from time to time? Its just another way for Microsoft to get money and its simply sad."

John, that's why I just can't support the Xbox. This type of technology, if successful, will introduce things into the market that I don't want to see. Just imagine you are watching a PPV fight or something, and how much you have to pay is based upon how many people are in the room. It frankly is unacceptable and not a welcome feature for consumers.

• Directors
Put tape on it

Bet money that after being on for a short period of time with tape, you'll get an error code and be forced to take it off.

Let's also not forget how on the 360, they used the cam to analyze your room for brands. Then you received ads relevant to what you had in your room. Ie: sodas, pizza boxes, clothing etc. That crap and the new crap on the way, does not fly with me.... I mean I really hate even getting ads on sites for stuff I Google.

• Directors

I have a spooky feeling that some point soon, our NAVI's in our cars, and our smart phones will start playing ads when we drive or walk past retailers and fast food. And Microsoft (and Google and conduit) has begun paving the way.

The one things that has my attention and thought on getting a Xbox is the fact that they have a contract with Battlefield and Call of Duty to get all dlc first. This leaves the PlayStation a month behind once again.

This and Forza 5.

Sent from my SCH-I535

• Directors

With battlefield our understanding is that it will not be a month and its only the first dlc pack

sent via my phone over some kind of Willy wonka wave links using the new tapatalk 4.0 app