H-Hour (SOCOM) Kickstarter.com

• Directors

Devil, I know we have been burned many times by Sony when it comes to Socom, but this is not Sony this time pulling the strings. This time we have David pulling the strings, he was responsible for the Socom's we loved and today he announced that the original map designer of Fish Hook, Sandstorm, NIghtstalker, Desert Glory, etc is now on the team too... he is building an all star team for this game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0/posts/514521

• Like 1

I'm very skeptical even if the $200k is reached. Is there any gameplay or footage done yet?! I understand Sears was creative developer of the original games, but that was a looong time, on two systems ago.

I have a tough time seeing this project will succeed.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Edited by Johnson30

I think he did mention that they will be using a game engine (kit) of sorts. Sort of like unreal or the other numerous ones out there. So getting some semblance of a game won't take very long since they won't be creating their own game engine. Heck most games nowadays are made this way anyway and the devs are merely just content creators and script writers (code/game logic not story) using dev tool kits created by other companies.

• Directors
I don't dig kickstarters. If it ever gets off the ground maybe I'll buy it. $400 for the secret dude kinda irritated me. It seems like they're asking too much imo. I gave a little though.

Kickstarter and crowdfunding is not for everyone but it is the perfect avenue for a project like this and many other studios. The reward levels are to entice larger pledges and the more unique they are the more they are worth. So you have to weigh the value vs the reward against your willingness to spend.

They are currently on track with how Takedown was funded... but I hope to see them do better than Takedown since they are embracing the Socom community much more than Takedown did.

• Directors

If you missed the Live Q & A here it is

<object bgcolor='#000000' data='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' height='378' id='clip_embed_player_flash' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='620'><param name='movie' value='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf'><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'><param name='flashvars' value='title=David%2BSears%252C%2Bcreative%2Bdirector%2Bof%2BH-Hour%253A%2BWorlds%2BElite%2BQ%2B%2526%2BA&channel=urgentfury&chapter_id=2462468&start_volume=25&auto_play=false'></object><br><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/urgentfury" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Urgent Fury Gaming Live on TwitchTV</a>

• Like 1

• Directors

Ok so PS4 version is officially official and we are over the initial hump. In todays Sit Rep we provided the link to the Q & A Replay, so get your buts on there and get the game, look at it as a pre order!

• Directors

LOL David:

Creator David Sears about 1 hour ago

@Tyler: That's okay. After the demo is done, we're fully funded, and the game ships, they can pay full retail price and see all the gameplay footage they want. I'm sure we'll get a ton of questions like "How do I get that character only a few people have?" and "How come those guys have a gun I can't have?" Then you can tell them "Because I backed it while you were playing Confrontation." Not to get snarky, but that's why we will not forget our Kickstarter backers. You believed when we were just trying to kickstart this thing. :)

Edited by Shane

• Directors

Hell yeah. That was the most emotional thing we got out of him in backer comments all day. Cracked me up too

• Directors

Time is running out folks. New rewards have been added and you're going to miss out on all the swag you can get- and getting stuck having to pay full price for the game when it comes out. Just a polite nudge.....