Is my laptop on the brink of destruction?

I noticed within the last couple of days that the screen on my laptop has a ver thin multicolored band running vertical from top to bottom on my display screen. When I give a little squeeze on the side where the screen goes into the frame, it goes away. Then comes back when I let go. After a few times of this, and re positioning of the screen, it goes away. Whats the damn deal??

Guest STR8_HATE

your screen is about to be screwed.... don't squeeze it though, you will crack it then you will be really screwed... mine did the same thing I keep squeezing it all the time to fix it it and it cracked...

_SEQUOYAH ]

No. My 4 yr warranty expired a few months ago. Sucks!  :'( Good thing is, it doesn't do it all the time. Hopefully it will last me another year, and I will buy another one.

I thought you just got a new Dell about a year ago? I was going to say if it that one call support.

You CAN replace just the screen. It is usually costly for laptops but you MAY be able to find a deal. It isn't to hard to do if you take your time!

is it an actual mobile laptop or does it pretty much stay one place on a desk?

if it's being used primarily in one location, then the cheapest way is to just get a LCD monitor and use the laptop's RGB aux. output turning off the laptop's screen. (you could probably pick up a used 15" at comp renaissance for $50 or so..) a lot cheaper than a replacement screen for the laptop.

otherwise get a clothes pin and clamp it in the spot. what cracks it is the on/off pressure of squeezing it.. clamp it once and leave it that way.

If the clothes pin isn't enough pressure than use a 12" VICE Grip... j/k ;D