Car accident help

Need a little advice....

My wife and daughter got in a car accident last Sunday. They had stopped because the car in front of them was turning left. The driver behind them was distracted and he said was getting something off floor. He plowed them going about 40. Smashed them into the car in front of them. They both are fine now but had to go to ER in ambulance. My wife was banged up pretty good and home bound all week. Daughter is fine. But still it all was very traumatic and scary.

So I'm going to have medical bills and lost my truck.

My truck was my work truck it had a lift gate which I used as part of my income.

And then there's pain and suffering. How much should I ask?

I know this isn't a legal forum or anything but maybe someone has experienced this before.

I don't know all the particulars but I guess it comes down to what's right and what's greed...I personally would go for full payment if medical, complete replacement if vehicle and wages lost during the time the truck was gone

Not about greed think about your wife and kids in there because someone's not paying attention to there driving. There was lots of crying and stress.

So what's that worth $500, $10000, $20000.... I dont know but I'd hate to settle for $500 when I could have gotten $10000.... And were talking about an insurance company.

• Directors

I was hit crossing the street by a lady that ran a red light, only reason I was able to get any money for medical was to involve a layer. Use your insurance and a lawyer and you will be good... just keep in mind the layer generally takes 30% of your settlement so demand that they cover your legal expenses and do not back down.

I was hit crossing the street by a lady that ran a red light, only reason I was able to get any money for medical was to involve a layer. Use your insurance and a lawyer and you will be good... just keep in mind the layer generally takes 30% of your settlement so demand that they cover your legal expenses and do not back down.

I agree she was hit from behind so that guys insurance should cover everything! Your insurance company will fight with them, not you.

Best advice was get your own attorney and feel free to shop around for the best rate there pay comes from the insurance and other guy you shouldn't have to pay for anything!

Problem is most times these things take time & we don't have that much time with life demands, so have patience.

Hope your family is feeling better. Good luck.