Update on UF on Tour Chicago Prize Winnings

• Directors

I have to apologize I did not see your question about order and dates, we are going to start sending payments out to teams in August/September... no exact date yet as it will depend on my availability to get money orders sent out while on Rigs.

My focus is getting started at my new job, so I do not visit the site much and did not get an email notification about your replies. But I will add you to the list of those that just don't understand that we got screwed over and that all of this is going to come out of my pocket. Not to mention I have been unemployed going on 3 years now so getting a new job is going to take a bit for me to get payments going out.

There is nothing more I can provide other than that. If you are looking for more you are going to just have to be patient like most of the other teams have been.

Edited by Shane

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to whatever list you want. I've been very civil in this matter and understanding when you first mentioned your lack of work. It's not even my money, it's my brothers who used his birthday money to participate in this event only to come in a place to get paid and all this crap happened. I'm being diligent and making sure something will be done. So if you want to put me in the bucket with all the children that have given you a hard time so be it. But understand you have never followed thru on your responses, and have continued to push it out. So if by me asking for a date and order of payout is too much. I apologize. If your the one and only running this page maybe you should hand it over to someone that has the time and ability to keep it up to date.

I have to apologize I did not see your question about order and dates, we are going to start sending payments out to teams in August/September... no exact date yet as it will depend on my availability to get money orders sent out while on Rigs.

My focus is getting started at my new job, so I do not visit the site much and did not get an email notification about your replies. But I will add you to the list of those that just don't understand that we got screwed over and that all of this is going to come out of my pocket. Not to mention I have been unemployed going on 3 years now so getting a new job is going to take a bit for me to get payments going out.

There is nothing more I can provide other than that. If you are looking for more you are going to just have to be patient like most of the other teams have been.

Edited by Shane

• Directors
Add me to whatever list you want. I've been very civil in this matter and understanding when you first mentioned your lack of work. It's not even my money, it's my brothers who used his birthday money to participate in this event only to come in a place to get paid and all this crap happened. I'm being diligent and making sure something will be done. So if you want to put me in the bucket with all the children that have given you a hard time so be it. But understand you have never followed thru on your responses, and have continued to push it out. So if by me asking for a date and order of payout is too much. I apologize. If your the one and only running this page maybe you should hand it over to someone that has the time and ability to keep it up to date.

When It comes to follow through, I have been quite up front with the situation at hand... and many of the community members here have not been too keen on your posting tone. Do I understand the frustration, of course I do... do you have $15k sitting around? Nor do I, we were depending on someone to follow through and did not... So to rectify this, I have taken a full time job. Is everyone going to get paid all at once, no... I will be paying teams as I get paid while still making sure that I can cover my personal bills and eat a little.

This is coming direct from my pocket to the teams, and I am going to be working in the oil field to get it paid. Luckily I had an opportunity finally come through to pay this. Most other sites would have just told everyone ohh well, even EGL waiting almost three years and ran 4 more events before paying teams which is total BS.

But if you go back and read how you posted you can understand what you call be diligent has come of as abrasive in nature. Simple as that. Once I have an idea on when a team is going to get paid I will post a schedule... we have spent the last few months just trying to undo the damage done by members of the first place team with our accounts being hacked, the site being attacked, etc.

I am the go to person for this, so no I am not going to pass it on to someone else, but keep in mind if I am slow to respond I am not ignoring anyone, I am either working traveling or may not have an answer to the question yet.

The only abrasive message was the last one and that was do to frustration with the lack of response. Some of your hidden comments are no better either. I honestly do not care what the community members think of me.as you are well aware no one would be very happy if they are waiting to be paid. I apologize if I offended anyone in anyway. It's just been frustrating as you know. I'll be looking forward to an update in August.

When It comes to follow through, I have been quite up front with the situation at hand... and many of the community members here have not been too keen on your posting tone. Do I understand the frustration, of course I do... do you have $15k sitting around? Nor do I, we were depending on someone to follow through and did not... So to rectify this, I have taken a full time job. Is everyone going to get paid all at once, no... I will be paying teams as I get paid while still making sure that I can cover my personal bills and eat a little.

This is coming direct from my pocket to the teams, and I am going to be working in the oil field to get it paid. Luckily I had an opportunity finally come through to pay this. Most other sites would have just told everyone ohh well, even EGL waiting almost three years and ran 4 more events before paying teams which is total BS.

But if you go back and read how you posted you can understand what you call be diligent has come of as abrasive in nature. Simple as that. Once I have an idea on when a team is going to get paid I will post a schedule... we have spent the last few months just trying to undo the damage done by members of the first place team with our accounts being hacked, the site being attacked, etc.

I am the go to person for this, so no I am not going to pass it on to someone else, but keep in mind if I am slow to respond I am not ignoring anyone, I am either working traveling or may not have an answer to the question yet.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Directors

Excerpt from todays update:

Many of those following this have seen that I am finally after almost 4 years of lack of work changing industries and going back on the day job grind. What this means is that I am personally paying out the winnings for Chicago. Now this is not all going to happen at once, I will have to pay chunks at a time. I officially start working the first week of September, so I will not see my first paycheck until late September. I have picked up a pretty good paying job in the oil field and hope to have everyone paid within a couple of months or so. Do not take that as a hard date, it's an estimate based my pay rate and my schedule given to me.

We are going to pay the teams in reverse order so that I can get more paid quickly. The first place team will be the last paid not only because of the amounts but also because members of that team are the ones responsible for our site, paypal and financial accounts being hacked and attacked. Even though many express that we should not pay them after all that, I would rather get them the winnings and they will never be welcome at one of our events again.

I will be posting a form for users to fill out so that we can get updated information to make sure they receive their payments.

I will continue to update the post as more info comes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Directors

A quick update from the Oil Patch...

I am working away out here on the rig, actually posting via our satellite internet connection that is slow as crap lol.

Everything is running as planned we have set up the form and will be sharing that shortly. Here is the procedure...

Winning team members will each fill out their claim form providing current address, email and phone numbers. You will have 90 days to complete this once we have posted the form.

Once you complete the form a post will be started that only the staff and directors and the user that filled out the form can see.

We will use this to have direct communication and track each payment to ensure it has been received. Once it is received that post will be closed.

The payouts are still on tap to start around the end of the month beginning of Oct, right now I am trying to gauge what my actual paydays will be in correlation to my bills, so that I can plan payouts on my off payday when bills are not due. I believe this is going to be the end of the month vs the beginning. 

I will continue to keep you posted as we prepare to start this process.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

A quick update from the Oil Patch...

I am working away out here on the rig, actually posting via our satellite internet connection that is slow as crap lol.

Everything is running as planned we have set up the form and will be sharing that shortly. Here is the procedure...

Winning team members will each fill out their claim form providing current address, email and phone numbers. You will have 90 days to complete this once we have posted the form.

Once you complete the form a post will be started that only the staff and directors and the user that filled out the form can see.

We will use this to have direct communication and track each payment to ensure it has been received. Once it is received that post will be closed.

The payouts are still on tap to start around the end of the month beginning of Oct, right now I am trying to gauge what my actual paydays will be in correlation to my bills, so that I can plan payouts on my off payday when bills are not due. I believe this is going to be the end of the month vs the beginning. 

I will continue to keep you posted as we prepare to start this process.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

i appreciate the update shane. even though i did not compete, i have followed this very closely and think i am right in saying that this was exactly what teams were wanting to know. i appreciate that you are doing this yourself and are following through with your word.

i cant wait for next event and hope to compete

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Directors

Ok here is the latest update and the next step in getting the teams resolved:

Each Team Member is required to fill out this form: http://www.urgentfury.com/forms/2-uf-on-tour-prize-claim-form/

This will make sure that we have the latest contact information and gives you an option to be paid via Money Order or PayPal.

Once you complete this form, a thread will be created in the UF on Tour Forum where you can communicate directly with the Directors and Staff in regards to your payment privately without having to send a PM. We will also use this form to provide individual payout progress.

To fill out this form you will need to register on UF if you do not already have an account, do this by going to: http://www.urgentfury.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register before trying to complete the form.

• 2 months later...
  • Directors

Ok two things... first for the community, we have added a Donation campaign for anyone that would like to contribute to help us get the gamers paid. As we send out payments, we will update the progress bar of how much has been sent out. As of this post $375 has been sent.

As mentioned above I have started sending out payments, this is going to be a lot longer than I thought just because of certain overhead and bills I have to pay before I see what is left over each payday so that I can send out a payment or two.

The first payment went out to one of the players who's mother is very sick to help that family out... we will begin to send out payments to those that submitted their claims first and were supportive of us through the rough ordeal.

We need the rest of the players to get their prize claims in so we have your updated contact information asap.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Directors

I sent out a few more payments today, slowly but surely I am getting payments out. If you opted for Check, you will be receiving payment via an Amex Check Payment otherwise you will receive payment to your PayPal account. The checks take approximately 7 days to arrive once I have processed the payment.

I will continue to update the amount in the donation bar as I make payments.

• 1 month later...
  • Directors

More payments out again today... We have gone through about a third of the forms submitted in the order they are received... next payments will not go out until the middle of March because I have had the last week and a half off for a Rig move.

That is something that will happen every now and then when we move to a new drilling site, and if we are not on the rig we are not getting paid. I am lucky enough that I am not being affected to much by the layoffs going around.

Have a great Valentines everyone!

Donation Tracker has been updated with the latest payments, please feel free to help our community and make a donation towards this.

• 2 months later...
  • Directors

Well its been a little while since I posted an update and I do apologize for that. A few of you have reached out to me privately for an update and as I have expressed my frustration, work has slowed to a crawl in the Oil Industry as many have seen in the news.

I have only worked a total of 19 days this year... as you can imagine I am struggling pretty hard to even make my bills.

With that being said, I am looking for more work and will resume sending out payments as I have available income.

• Directors

Once I leave MWD I am done with the Oil Field, when I was making good money it was worth it, but now there are no jobs out here and I am back where I was a year ago...

Something will come up for me and I will be fine... its the stress getting there that is getting old.