Update on UF on Tour Chicago Prize Winnings

I honestly do not see the need to keep adding remarks that aren't going to help any situation that they are trying to do. Armond (AC) hasnt even been around here for a very long time. But that is not important.. What is important is finding a solution to the issue at hand. It was unfortunate that this had to happen. In no way could anyone have asked for that to happen. Things do Happen. Things will get resolved.. I understand people do want to have updates.. Shane can post everyday the same exact post. How would that help.. He did state when he does have some more information he will inform the participants..

I agree posting the same information daily would be useless, but at the same time some sort of update would be appreciated. If I had not asked I would have not known they were planning a fundraiser now would I? It's a difficult situation all around and needs to be handled diligently.

I agree posting the same information daily would be useless, but at the same time some sort of update would be appreciated. If I had not asked I would have not known they were planning a fundraiser now would I? It's a difficult situation all around and needs to be handled diligently.
Agreed. just know I know he is not forgetting about you guys.. Everytime i do talk with him its the first thing he is thinking about. I do say Please be patient. I know it does suck. But you will get your earnings.. As soon as it is available to do so. So will everyone else who has participated. Ive seen so many rants from people about the situation that happened and I really do not know how by them doing so will solve anything. If they feel better doing it so be it. It just Makes the situation even more stressful than it needs to be.

• Directors

Agreed. Here is some food for thought: every time someone rants about Chicago, it makes it harder to source the money to recover the prize earnings. So, those that are actively complaining out there about not getting reimbursed, are actually making it that much less likely for them to secure their winnings in a timely manner. In no way am I saying that is happening in this thread, but I am making a broad statement about the winners in general.

Sent on my HTC ONE, Sprint satellite service with TapaTalk 4.3

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry I did not seem to receive an email notification on your reply... First there is not much to update at this time, we continue to look at solutions and we are in the works of creating a fundraiser as well. I am sure most do not realize this site is run fully by volunteers and our small ad revenue goes to pay for our web server.

As for promoting everything else, with the exception of the Dust 514 Online Tournament that completed in the last couple of weeks, we have not had any events going on. This is generally the slow period while we wait for the next shooter to come out.

As for not caring, that is the farthest from the truth, you can ask anyone who talks with us on a regular basis that we are still sickened by this situation that we have been put in. All we can do is continue to work towards a solution.

We can see many ways for this to get resolved, but its all long term, and quite frankly we would rather get this fixed sooner than later. But the continued negative posts do not help.

As for the note about AC, he has not been involved with the site for well over 2 years so not sure why you are just bringing that up.

Your post was not removed, as you can see I quoted it... so not sure what happened.

Shane, you mentioned a fundraiser. How is that going any progress has been 3weeks now.

• Directors
Shane, you mentioned a fundraiser. How is that going any progress has been 3weeks now.

The real hold up is me right now, I have been focused on my day job trying to increase my income since I have been Jobless for a couple of years now.

Another hurdle is finding the right platform... It looks like we are going to have to go with indiego but all of them have such high service fees that we have to raise an extra couple of grand to cover fees.

One of the other ideas we are thinking is an online tourney for Ghosts charity event where teams will donate to play in the event. These are some of the ideas being discussed with staff right now.

• 3 weeks later...
The real hold up is me right now, I have been focused on my day job trying to increase my income since I have been Jobless for a couple of years now.

Another hurdle is finding the right platform... It looks like we are going to have to go with indiego but all of them have such high service fees that we have to raise an extra couple of grand to cover fees.

One of the other ideas we are thinking is an online tourney for Ghosts charity event where teams will donate to play in the event. These are some of the ideas being discussed with staff right now.

has as there been any movement in this? I fully understand the need to focus on your personal life and work. Knowing you been streaming often now I was assuming you had that worked out and can put some more time into resolving the money crisis. Thanks!

• Directors
has as there been any movement in this? I fully understand the need to focus on your personal life and work. Knowing you been streaming often now I was assuming you had that worked out and can put some more time into resolving the money crisis. Thanks!

If often means this past weekend then yah I guess there is a lot more I could do... right now we are in the production process for the video for the fundraiser, but after last nights events brought on by members of Unite we are on hold while the authorities complete their process with the hacking of our web server and my paypal account.

While I understand the frustration, this move has caused us to change our focus for the time being until we get it resolved.

i understand after the events that occurred why it would be delayed. These kids really don't understand what they say/do irrationally do not help speed up the process but just delay it. I'm sure you understand their frustration and why they are acting out. Hopefully one groups stupidity doesn't delay the process for the innocent bystanders.

• 3 weeks later...
If often means this past weekend then yah I guess there is a lot more I could do... right now we are in the production process for the video for the fundraiser, but after last nights events brought on by members of Unite we are on hold while the authorities complete their process with the hacking of our web server and my paypal account.

While I understand the frustration, this move has caused us to change our focus for the time being until we get it resolved.

This is becoming very frustrating. Your original note you said you had an idea but wouldn't be handled until March. We are not 3months away from March. What's your plan??

• 3 weeks later...

Any news? Or am I just being ignored at this point?

I think you're being ignored. This needs to be handled before someone takes legal actions

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Awtrace

• Directors
Any news? Or am I just being ignored at this point?

Not sure if you got the email that was sent out around Christmas but we have started the fundraiser email campaign, you can track the progress by visiting http://www.urgentfury.com/vbdonate.php?do=donate

I think you're being ignored. This needs to be handled before someone takes legal actions

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I guess we have to respond in seconds, being the holidays I honestly have not been on the site every hour of the day and I have been working to start a new job next week, so my priorities are focused on this. But thanks for the doom and gloom post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Directors

front.jpg?v=2014-01-08-22-28

We have launched our second fundraiser for those that like $10 T Shirts, go to http://teespring.com/urgentfuryg2p and pick up the Game to Please Shirt. $3 of every sale goes to the prize fund.

• 3 months later...
  • Directors

The short answer is by this summer, since this is going to have to come out of my pocket because of lack of support and the winners destroying every fundraiser we tried...

I am starting a new job and it will take time to pay everyone from my paychecks... so we will work with the teams that were not causing problems first then work from there.

• Directors
Sorry to stick my nose in this but I can't help but wonder...

Why can't they just go after the sponsors? UF was only the organizers of the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a fair question, and what it boils down too after discussions with lawyers, it will be cheaper for me to pay out of pocket then go after the prize sponsor that probably did not even have the money in the first place.

We will not go into details about the prize sponsor as recommended by our legal team but I will chock it up as a bad lesson learned

We'll there is small claims court. Most states have a 7,500 limit but something is more than nothing. Hell get some exposure while your at it. Try judge Judy or Judge Alex or one of those.....lol....actually while I lol, I am actually being serious.

• Directors
I was thinking if anything just maybe there entry fee. I wonder how many are still even around or care. Some that posted here were only trolls and weren't even involved.

While that would be great, I would much rather make good on it this just half ass it. I am starting a good job and since I paid for most of event already, minus what we did receive in entry fees (that covered the venue cost and about half of the games), I will pay out the remainder out of pocket.

Its my responsibility to take care of it and I just want it over with. The first place team has already hacked the site, our paypal accounts and several other activities so they are going to get paid last, all of the teams that have been understanding and supportive will be paid first.

While that would be great, I would much rather make good on it this just half ass it. I am starting a good job and since I paid for most of event already, minus what we did receive in entry fees (that covered the venue cost and about half of the games), I will pay out the remainder out of pocket.

Its my responsibility to take care of it and I just want it over with. The first place team has already hacked the site, our paypal accounts and several other activities so they are going to get paid last, all of the teams that have been understanding and supportive will be paid first.

shane, any idea on the order of payout and date of when this may begin?

• 3 weeks later...

Bueller? Bueller....

• 1 month later...

This is ridiculous now. You keep giving answers and fail to follow thru. When are you going to just admit your screwing all the poor teams and never going to payout? What kind of company are you? I mean honestly...PATHETIC. I've been very civil the entire time but now your not going to respond and just ignore simple questions.

This is ridiculous now. You keep giving answers and fail to follow thru. When are you going to just admit your screwing all the poor teams and never going to payout? What kind of company are you? I mean honestly...PATHETIC. I've been very civil the entire time but now your not going to respond and just ignore simple questions.

What a worm.