Rainbow 6 V2- Buy It

I saw flame of the game which was way off base IMO- So here is my review on the full day of play.

SIDS OVER ALL RATING RATING: 8.25/10

GRAPHICS: 9- On my TV this game looks better than any other FPS on the PS3 thus far. The water and lighting effects are sick.

Sound: 8.5- The sound is solid. When you shoot a guy, the impact sound makes you "feel" like you hit them.

Game play: 7.5- If you liked RB6 V1 then you will love RB6 V2. It has huge improvements in all aspects of the game. Added is the sprint feature. If you hated RB6 V1, then you will hate RB6 V2. Still absent is the jump feature (although you can climb over, up and through any obstacles). Online play is improved from the 1st. The menu system is what ALL PS3 shooters should have. It allows you to message, check messages or mail on the PSN while in the middle of a game. Still missing is a "clan community feature"- You just add a tag here like all other PS3 shooter to date (come on devs- You would gain a full point just for that option!)

The added AI team members (socom like) that you can use online in story mode took some getting used to but is functional and useful.

Overview:

For those who have not played the RB6 games- It is a tactical shooter, not a frag fest fast paced game. If you like running into the open, using a 203 to kill 3 people, respawning instantly and repeating- Stay away from this game as it is not for you. If you like moving through a room by sweeping and using cover and tactics- Check it out, its the best option out there.

US25

After reading all the disappointing comments all over the PS forums I was glad I kept mine unopened. Everybody keeps referring to it as a "$63 expansion map pack". Mine went back to the store for full credit and I'm glad I didn't waste the money.

This is a perfect reason why Gamefly was so great. Unfortunately I got hooked on CoD4 so bad I wasn't able to put ANY time into a different game so I cancelled it.

I agree with you US25, alot of people flaming the game already who either haven't tried it, or haven't given it a chance.

R6V2 is actually IMO a great game. Alot of people have been experiencing server issues, but my upgraded internet speed has allowed me to host, lag free, boot free rooms :). Hopefully they will have the servers fixed for everyone in the next couple of days. Definetly a step down speedwise and graphically from COD4, but much more realistc when it comes to gameplay. Looks way better than the first, the in game XMB friends list and lobby system are refreshing additions to the game and customization is back and better then Vegas 1 PS3 (Now you can map your face on your character with the PS eye)

I love the R6 series because their games have always have required much more skill then your normal FPS games. Alot of people who were decent a COD4 are having problems with the tactical gameplay on Rainbow and are writing it off. But I wouldn't knock the game unless actually I tried it. My opinion would be, COD4 is probably the funner game overall, as IW's aim was to make a game everyone could enjoy and win at. But if your into more realistic shooters and want to really challenge your tactical shooter gaming skills, R6V2 is a great buy.

Servers need to be worked, and it's still early, but overall, I give it 8.5/10

This Game is GREAT! If you like a more tactical Team Based game, this is for you. The graphics smoke CoD4 IMO (the only thing is some of the building look better in cod, but everything else, players, weapons, smoke grenades and most of the environment is way better) especially with the Face Mapping feature (I'm in the game)! Even Apple says it looks just like me its kinda creepy. The game play is not slower, just more realistic, especially with the added sprint function. But alot of CoD players won't understand this game if you are just a run and gunner. If you have a more tactical mind and can set up your squad and have good communication you will have a blast. Just my 2 cents

Non Contemno!

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Game play: 7.5- If you liked RB6 V1 then you will love RB6 V2. It has huge improvements in all aspects of the game. Added is the sprint feature. If you hated RB6 V1, then you will hate RB6 V2.

I think this is really the biggest point right here....

Thanks for the info.

HusH- ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

Game play: 7.5- If you liked RB6 V1 then you will love RB6 V2. It has huge improvements in all aspects of the game. Added is the sprint feature. If you hated RB6 V1, then you will hate RB6 V2.

I think this is really the biggest point right here....

Thanks for the info.

Agreed. ;)

Well then I think I'll buy it after all. What was the tactical one that was 2 v2, mercs vs seals, and the seals had no weapons, but had 3rd person while the mercs only had fp? That game was awesome, you could just never find anyone to play because it was so slow with all the sneaking around. ;D

BigMoneyNacku ]

Well then I think I'll buy it after all. What was the tactical one that was 2 v2, mercs vs seals, and the seals had no weapons, but had 3rd person while the mercs only had fp? That game was awesome, you could just never find anyone to play because it was so slow with all the sneaking around. ;D

Splinter Cell

It is a good game, it is kind of an expansion pack, but with major improvments, all new maps & features .lol

The only thing i am disappointed in, is that you can only have 2 in your co-op story mode.!! (could play with 4 in the first Vegas)

I haven't played the mulitplayer/vs mode yet, but i wasn't a fan of that in the first one.

agreed I liked the four players in co-op and was hoping you could have up to six.. but now it's only two.. oh well they missed the boat on that one IMO.

Otherwise it is NOT a R&G'nrs. game... goat ahead and run in there gun's a blazing.. you won't last long..

It's concealment using cover and tactical movements with a partner watching each others flanks and using cover and conceal movement.. I.E. it's LIKE REAL LIFE ARMY TACTICS not like I"m bullet proof and can't die and even if I do I come back to life so I'm going strong!! Also the hit detection is spot on.. you can use a sub machine with a Reflex for long shots.. but if you do you better take the time to put that red dot exactly where you want it.. spray and pray DON"T WORK.. and thank the lord for that!

p.s. you can actually camp if that's what you want to do.. the protect the hostage guy search mode means you may have to camp a bit to protect the civilian. Just ask sSd, who pitched a tent and waited for five minutes until the Goat got sick of waiting and ran in.. which resulted in a shotgun blast in the back.. and Sid getting his badge for getting a win on his first versus game... the SOB!! LOL.

mad/luv Sid and glad I could help you out.. but my 24-0 against your 3-3 record in co-op sort of proved who really rules at this game!!! LOL.