Shadow needs advice on Traveling Eastern Europe

Guest Stealthknight

Guest Stealthknight

Whats up guys, I was bored so I figured I would say hello and see if anyone over here had any info for me. Im leaving for Italy June 30th and will be there for 6 weeks. Its kinda bitter sweet cause the new socom will come out while im gone but oh well im still excited. I will have 4 days off a week with the exception of 2 weekend preplanned excursions i have planned for Italy and plan on traveling into france and England. I wanted to know if anyone had any info or advice as to what to see or visit while im there. I will be staying in Florence as my base city.

I know the basics and Im going to go to Rome and the Vatican cause i promised someone I would pick them up something while I was there a long time ago. Im also going to Vincenza and Sicily. In france I will obviously visit Paris but any other tips would be great. 6 weeks is long enough for me to take a lot in so any info would be great.

Any traveling advise as far as cheap Airfare vs E-Rail Pass or anything like that would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm..

A friend of mine just got back, but did it all on a budget so i dont think knowing where the hostiles are will help you any ..lol

He did say that France sucks though.!

I'll re-read his email & see if there was anything cool that he saw or visited.

my sister lives in Oxford, England. She says that flying is the way to go. the Chunnel (so cleverly named ;)) is pretty expensive, unless bought WAY in advance. But, if you do go to London be sure to get a ticket for the London Underground that lasts all day, and hit up as much as you can. These were where i visited on my one day trip to London (I stayed in Oxford):

1. British Museum. The UK "stole" a bunch of stuff (when they colonized basically the world) and brought it back to England. This is where most of that stuff is. ie) Egyptian stuff, Turkish stuff, Rosetta Stone, you name it.

2. British Library. On display is: 2 of the 3 oldest complete Bibles in the world, Gutenberg Bible, Leonardo Da Vinci sketchbook, Magna Carta, Hand's "Messiah," diaries of VERY famous people, etc. This was my favorite.

3. Imperial War Museum. By far the most visually stunning. They have actual fighters hanging from the ceiling, and MANY actual tanks surrounding the entrance. Awesome account of every war to date, well almost every war. They conveniently left out the American Revolution... go figure... effin Brits...

best part: They are all free!

Guest M16Assassin

I recommend buying a Europass. Its well worth the money if you travel a lot which it sounds like you will be. I would also recommend hitting up Munich in Germany. But what you have to visit is Vienna. Beautiful place, excellent history, Mozart, Beethoven, cultural center of classical music,etc. Also in Austria you have the Alps which are great. But in both Germany and Austria you can visit some great Castles.

Dude, I backpacked all over Europe after college.....here are some places that I think you have to hit.

1. Amsterdam-obvious reasons but the art and history there is amazing.

2. Interlaken,Switzerland-This is the birth place of all extreme games. Its up in the alps, gorgeous town, lots to do, beautiful cheap hostiles-nice women:) But one of my favorite places to be.

3.Bacharach,germany-There is a huge castle there that was converted to a hotel/hostile.Cheap and you have a great view of the Rhine. I also met some gorgeous Norway women there. :)

4.Lugano,Switerland-This lake is huge,it borders Italy and Switzerland. You can go from one side to the next. Its funny seeing palm trees in Switz though...But by far a beautiful place.

Guest Stealthknight

nice, I was told by someone I could find cheap european airfare for like $60 into frnace and england but cant seem to find anything under 400 so i think I'll be getting a 2-month 11 day europass. It means I wont be visiting england unless I take a flight but it does allow me into Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Greece, and Austria. I think that should be plenty so keep any info comming cause I am literally writing it all down and researching it and placing it on a list in an order of what I would like to see the most after exploring Italy.