Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.

Advanced Warfare Tournament Discussion

John and I went through some of the settings to look at what where we would be setting the changes for an upcoming tournament, we recorded this session while we did it so you guys can see was we were looking at:

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:44]

We decided to include the Stinger for defense against score streaks and found that you can lock on opponents as well, but you have to be dead on with line of site for it to lock, and it takes time.

We disabled all of the XO abilities and Launcher abilities and the XO still functioned for jumping which is a must for most of the maps. Let us know your thoughts on this... by the way the video was still processing when I made this post so it may take a bit.

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

John and I went through some of the settings to look at what where we would be setting the changes for an upcoming tournament, we recorded this session while we did it so you guys can see was we were looking at:

We decided to include the Stinger for defense against score streaks and found that you can lock on opponents as well, but you have to be dead on with line of site for it to lock, and it takes time.

We disabled all of the XO abilities and Launcher abilities and the XO still functioned for jumping which is a must for most of the maps. Let us know your thoughts on this... by the way the video was still processing when I made this post so it may take a bit.

May i ask why we would make restictions where it takes out options for tactics this would  be restricting half the game we have a pick 13 and this take 3 of that out essentionally everyone uses equipment and at leas acoulple of thier classes have an exo ability

This game is solid and runs very smooth plz dont ruin the game by restricting stuff and limiting players and clans options ty

May i ask why we would make restictions where it takes out options for tactics this would  be restricting half the game we have a pick 13 and this take 3 of that out essentionally everyone uses equipment and at leas acoulple of thier classes have an exo ability

This game is solid and runs very smooth plz dont ruin the game by restricting stuff and limiting players and clans options ty

While the settings have not been finalized, we were testing if the XO jump still worked if you disabled everything... UF has had a long standing rule against nade launchers and we will probably continue this... Our team will be evaluating the final rules this week and want as much input as possible especially when it comes to weapons.

We are pretty set on the Rocket Launcher though since it requires such a specific point to lock on a person while giving the ability to counter score streaks.

ok i can see banning the exo launcher  because of UFs history and standing on nade launchers i didnt take that into account so thats my bad 

as far as weapons  banning the different versions of the weapons would make it fair since not all versions of weapons are available via prv match 

ok i can see banning the exo launcher  because of UFs history and standing on nade launchers i didnt take that into account so thats my bad 

as far as weapons  banning the different versions of the weapons would make it fair since not all versions of weapons are available via prv match 

Dont worry we do not ban weapons willy nilly, we do take care in what we ban and generally it is because of lack of balance.

Dont worry we do not ban weapons willy nilly, we do take care in what we ban and generally it is because of lack of balance.

yeah i know ive been here since blackopts one i trust your guys decisions and know that you guys pick the rules with the utmost fairness and integrity 

I used to be a proponent for diversity in COD, until recently I think I would argue more restrictions including banning killstreaks, majority of perks, and any and all launchers would make for cleaner gameplay and would be closer to what UF tries to accomplish.

I was listenting to the podcast, and noted there were some announcements about the upcoming signups on Friday for double elim as well as a tac map next year. I can't find that info on the site?

I used to be a proponent for diversity in COD, until recently I think I would argue more restrictions including banning killstreaks, majority of perks, and any and all launchers would make for cleaner gameplay and would be closer to what UF tries to accomplish.

I was listenting to the podcast, and noted there were some announcements about the upcoming signups on Friday for double elim as well as a tac map next year. I can't find that info on the site?

The info for UF: Riot is located here, we were actually working on it as you replied: http://www.urgentfury.com/forum/375-uf-riot-for-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/

In touching on your comment about Launchers, like we mentioned above, we are going to allow the Stinger because it requires a lock on before it can be fired. It can be extremely effective against personnel so clans will need to be prepared for it.

We will be looking for as much input as possible but for this event we are going to keep adjustments to a minimum to get a feel for the settings from the clans that play.

Ban RPGs and any other weapons that you normally have in the past. Right now we're having an inner clan tourny with nothing banned and so far no problems or complaints about what people are using. Almost everything has a counter to it so I wouldn't ban perks and I'm in favor of having killstreaks. The biggest thing for my clan comes down to team sizes, I think going back to having bigger teams(5v5,6v6) would produce much more excitment. I mean what's the point of doing 4v4 when clan rosters in this community are bigger then 4 people. Your cutting out a lot of clanmates if you limit teams to only 4 players.

Ban RPGs and any other weapons that you normally have in the past. Right now we're having an inner clan tourny with nothing banned and so far no problems or complaints about what people are using. Almost everything has a counter to it so I wouldn't ban perks and I'm in favor of having killstreaks. The biggest thing for my clan comes down to team sizes, I think going back to having bigger teams(5v5,6v6) would produce much more excitment. I mean what's the point of doing 4v4 when clan rosters in this community are bigger then 4 people. Your cutting out a lot of clanmates if you limit teams to only 4 players.

Right now I think we are going to stick to banning the XO Suit Launcher and the Non Stinger RL. If there is a Nade Launcher Attachment, that would go too.

Exile, can you verify what the private match lobby limit is... I do not have a PS4 with me on the rig right now, I think it is 12 if so we are doing 5 v 5... if it is larger we will do 6 v 6. Anything larger than that may be a little tough for clans.

I believe the maximum is 18. Personally Ive played some scrimmages and just eliminate RPG/Grenade launchers and it will be a great time. Additionally all scrimmages I have played has eliminated score streaks. 

Personally I think that is better, exo abilities are cool and if used properly can be used as a tool for both teams. I don't really have a preference because I rarely use my abilities. 

I think score streams need to be removed from matches. Per example a dude can easily get a supply drop and if it comes with something sweet then it could completely change the game. 

I believe the maximum is 18. Personally Ive played some scrimmages and just eliminate RPG/Grenade launchers and it will be a great time. Additionally all scrimmages I have played has eliminated score streaks. 

Personally I think that is better, exo abilities are cool and if used properly can be used as a tool for both teams. I don't really have a preference because I rarely use my abilities. 

I think score streams need to be removed from matches. Per example a dude can easily get a supply drop and if it comes with something sweet then it could completely change the game. 

One of the reasons we are leaving in the Stinger is for a counter to some of the score streaks... but this is def going to be a feeler tourney so we can see where we take AW next year.

Since the tournament is going a different way from eSports then just do a normal lobby without the eSports rules. It will keep the 18. If you remove the score streaks there is no need for the stinger. Plus with score streams people will play to keep their streaks instead of playing the game. 

Since the tournament is going a different way from eSports then just do a normal lobby without the eSports rules. It will keep the 18. If you remove the score streaks there is no need for the stinger. Plus with score streams people will play to keep their streaks instead of playing the game. 

the purpose of using the esports mode is to access the broadcaster functions as this event will be streamed live on Urgent Fury and BradyGames' Twitch Channels.

As for score streaks, we are not planning on removing any for this event. We rarely remove score streaks from COD.

how many ppl per team ?and what start time are the matches  since our clan is smaller with many of us working  we would like the matches to start no later then 8-8.30pm est with team size 4v4-5v5 it would help us participate in this event  alot ty

how many ppl per team ?and what start time are the matches  since our clan is smaller with many of us working  we would like the matches to start no later then 8-8.30pm est with team size 4v4-5v5 it would help us participate in this event  alot ty

This is going to be a 5 v 5 event and matches will run at the standard UF time of 9pm central time.

This is going to be a 5 v 5 event and matches will run at the standard UF time of 9pm central time.

ehh ok um i gusse we will try and do it since we are smaller i know a clan that is small like we are would uguys entertain the idea of 2 smaller clans comming together inorder to participate ? ty

ive talked to my guys and they said 10 est is to late of a start time they are asking me to ask for a 9 9.15 est start time they need to be off by 9.45 10 at latest and matches plus potential grace time should be 30-45 mins at most is thier anyway we can adjust the time ty

ive talked to my guys and they said 10 est is to late of a start time they are asking me to ask for a 9 9.15 est start time they need to be off by 9.45 10 at latest and matches plus potential grace time should be 30-45 mins at most is thier anyway we can adjust the time ty

Sorry Wing, this has been the standard war time for UF for over 10 years. 9pm central came about so that there was a fine balance between east and west coasts. 7pm pacific gives the west coast players time to get home from work, school, etc while 10pm eastern gets the wars done by midnight eastern when there are best of 3 maps and modes.

i dont want to stand out of place as a leader so plz dont take it that way but how is that fair for est coast players that they have to sac thier ability to do work school etc.. also the next day  like 80 % of the ppl in these clans that ive seen over many years are est or central this is also a rebirth of this community ive been looking for awile and possably some adjustments could be looked at ? ty

• Like 1