New Update PS3. Hard Disk Partition

When i put in my combined assault disk today it said this game is compatable with your hard drive and you have to download an update from the playstation store then partition it. I dont see any difference but can someone explain it to me? Do i have to delete the memory card first?

MaluNYMets ]

When i put in my combined assault disk today it said this game is compatable with your hard drive and you have to download an update from the playstation store then partition it. I dont see any difference but can someone explain it to me? Do i have to delete the memory card first?

I 'did notice' this much:

1) It makes a separate area for your PS2 games to have its own memory location 'apart' from your PS3 games storage (thus, 'partitioning' the HD into two hard drives, inside of one).

2) For PS2 Socom 3/CA Map packs (both!), you are "NOW ABLE TO GO TO THE SOCOM STORE, AND DOWNLOAD YOUR 'PAID FOR' MAP PACKS...ONTO YOUR PS3 HARD DRIVE!" ~ (No need to use your flash drives in this process, whatsoever...just go to the store and download!)

MaluNYMets ]

Where are the map packs located?

When you sign on to Socom 3/CA, the 'top menus' have 'Socom Store' as one of the selections. You have to navigate because I don't give directions well, but 'there' you have the opportunity to purchase (with a debit/credit/gift card that has that Visa or M/C logo), one or both map packs (map pack #1 and map pack #2). Once you have purchased, it offers the 'downloading' of the map packs.

On the PS3 (with the update installed), it will not ask you where to D/L, it knows automatically (the partition calls itself the 'memorycard 2' slot, though).

Guest [iLL] Andawg
smokeosama ]

Glad to see they finally made the Harddrive capable to store our map packs on, only 4-5 months after everyone stopped playing Socom :-\.

They can't seem to do anything in a timely manner...FORGET SOCOM!! :P

Andawg ]
smokeosama ]

Glad to see they finally made the Harddrive capable to store our map packs on, only 4-5 months after everyone stopped playing Socom :-\.

They can't seem to do anything in a timely manner...FORGET SOCOM!! :P

Totally..

IF Confrontation isn't AMAZING, I think the whole series is done. (but still a great memory ;D)

Guest [iLL] Andawg
Red0ctobeR ]

Well it isn't jst SOCOM. CoD miss their mark with the patch and the new maps. Hell the patch they dropped didn't even fix everything. The new maps wer supposed to be here in March.

So it isn't just SOCOM that has the problem.

ya but at least they dropped a patch, they are actually doing something noticeable. And pushing a map pack from March to the end of April isn't the same as saying we'll be releasing map packs regularly, around one a month or so, then having it take 2 years!!

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Thats why I dont look to the horizon when looking for games from zipper or SOE- I play whats in my hand, the rest is just wishful thinking... I hope they learned a lesson and listen to feedback. If SC has ANY problems on launch it will be a failure IMO.

I am going to be so disappointed. I think I wouldnt have wasted 600 bucks of ps3 if it werent for socom. Every other games was out on 360 anyway