The Order: 1886 Out tonight who's going to be playing?

• Directors

30 fps going to look pretty bad on stream... and with the game play, they might as well just have made a movie out of it.

We will see, I understand why they kept it at 30fps to get the look they wanted and the streaming I have seen has not been that bad... but we do have a better set up now so worst case I will not use the built in streaming.

• Directors

Yea when you try to do too much of one thing on limited hardware you have to sacrifice the other. Very poor reception for this one, only to be exasperated by poor PR by the dev.

The PC vs PS4 Hardware will not jive in this instance... they lowered the FPS purely to get the look of the game. A gritty film look... at 60fps it looked too real and lost the feel they wanted. This has been discussed several times.

I have lost faith in most of the big site reviews over the last few years, I am about a third of the way through I guess and I am loving every bit of the game... its has some challenge to it. I decided to stream via the PS4 last night and found out the hard way that if I use the camera for the mic it causes an echo with the game audio. Thanks to BadKitty I switched over to the headset and it fixed it.

That isn't even the discussion.

COD has run at 60 fps but to maintain their "upgraded visuals" with each release they resorted to hackish code techniques such as the texture technique used in MW2 which they called "texture streaming" which removed overall texture load by reducing texture quality at distance. This had to be done to use higher fidelity textures because system RAM and VRAM in consoles is fixed.

With Order, if you are going to buy their marketing of 30 fps cinematic feel you likely are not aware of how real cameras work and his they compare to virtual ones. In lamens terms, sub 30 works on movies due to the motion blur that smooths out the transition between frames, this comes from the interaction with the sensor and the shutter. If you take that out you get a heavy stuttering feel, like you are watching a flip book. Because motion blur is a very intensive calculation, and true motion blur requires prediction of where and object is going onscreen in the future, you can not run a game at with motion blur without tanking fps or otherwise running a cheap/poor blur algorithm. If you have ever watched a 3D movie you will know what I am talking about. Avatar was unbearable at high speed scenes as debris and objects literally skip across your view. Also I'd be willing to wager you play on a panel that runs at least at 60Hz. So you are getting each frame essentially displayed twice, making this effect even more noticeable.

It would be interesting to sit you down and give you the 30/60/120/144 test and see you opinion of 30 afterwards.

This game does look nice in terms of stills, but would have been even more interesting if they had more headroom on the system.

Edited by Pillorian

• Directors

I still think you need to get a sniper scope overlay for your webcam BTW.. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :3

I will mention that to the Share Team at PlayStation about adding overlays on the camera... not a webcam but the PS4 Camera

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...