Long time Community Member and Shadow Ops Clan Leader Rage Passed away

• Directors

It is with heavy heart to inform our community that @Rage75 aka Dave Rowe passed away yesterday. Rage and I have become friends over the years as we both shared the web programming info back and forth along with music industry stuff.

We are working on memorial graphics for his account here with the help of Patrick and his clan mates. 

As soon as I have more details I will post here and we will set up some sort of fundraiser for his family. His son is 13...

Dave you will be missed and hope you are playing Socom right now looking down on us!

:too_sad:

• Like 2

Thanks for posting Shane.  

We are all deeply saddened by this.  Rage was not only the founder of SHO, but a father to many many people through the online community.  He helped raise many young boys into young men through the video gaming world, and has changed many of our lives and careers with his guidance.  The man's heart is like no other, he wanted nothing more than to help everyone he could, with no concern for how it would benefit himself. 

SHO lived for 15 years under his guidance, and we will still keep pushing strong.  It was always in Rage's plans to have his son Logan take over the clan, so I will transition into guiding him through leadership and hopefully I can help raise him into the man that Rage helped raise so many of us to be.

You will be missed old man.

• Like 1

• Directors

If you have not been by SHO's site yet, the announcement thread is starting to get really surreal as everyone talks about how Rage has touched their lives: http://www.shadowops.org/forum/index.php?threads/rip-rage.10662/

• Directors

Sad to hear, indeed

I just read the note you sent to SHO, please feel free to paste it here, because it rings so true to Rage's character and all of our communities.

My heart really sunk when I heard the news last night. I first met Rage during UF2 or 3 some 10 years ago and though we were never close friends, his impact on the community was always present. What he meant to SHO members, allied clans, and the community is simply immeasurable. I personally can attribute dozens of friendships, memories, and hours of gaming spent to Rage. Be it playing with or against his clan in tournaments, the Madden league he was always a gracious host for, or just gaming in general with SHO, those memories and connections don't exist without his contributions. His legacy will live on through the clan that he built and this community, which he also helped to build. SHO's longevity is a testament to Rage. I speak for not only myself, but the Uprising as a whole when I say he will be deeply missed. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family both offline and online. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I do not have a forum account on SHO's site, so could someone please pass this message onto them.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o
  • Like 2

I have asked all of SCK to make a comment on behalf of a fellow associate and friend of mine who passed on 03/16/15. We have lost a great person who was instrumental when we had our 'WARROOM' and it is only right that all of SCK have some kind words to say because for the many years we used that script, none of them actually knew it was originally coded for us by RAGE75 afterwhich was modified for our own use. SCK should their respects indivdually but even if they cannot, I and Miss Is Baby will cover our whole group to show support on Mr. Rowe's behalf. He was a part of helping out SCK in great ways:

RIP TO A GREAT FRIEND AND ASSOCIATE:

ragepathtempV3.png

• Like 2

• Directors

My heart really sunk when I heard the news last night. I first met Rage during UF2 or 3 some 10 years ago and though we were never close friends, his impact on the community was always present. What he meant to SHO members, allied clans, and the community is simply immeasurable. I personally can attribute dozens of friendships, memories, and hours of gaming spent to Rage. Be it playing with or against his clan in tournaments, the Madden league he was always a gracious host for, or just gaming in general with SHO, those memories and connections don't exist without his contributions. His legacy will live on through the clan that he built and this community, which he also helped to build. SHO's longevity is a testament to Rage. I speak for not only myself, but the Uprising as a whole when I say he will be deeply missed. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family both offline and online. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I do not have a forum account on SHO's site, so could someone please pass this message onto them.

We are approving accounts if you register, but I have posted it for you BackLash

• Directors

This is the hardest thing to post, but here is Dave's obituary http://www.nealfuneralhomes.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3010551&fh_id=13078 There is also a guest book there

We have also created a new Avatar for Rage:

photo-87.jpg

• Like 1

This is the hardest thing to post, but here is Dave's obituary http://www.nealfuneralhomes.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3010551&fh_id=13078 There is also a guest book there

We have also created a new Avatar for Rage:

photo-87.jpg

I think this is an excellent way to memorialize someones account. Very well done!

Just wanted to stop by and say thank-you to the UF community for paying their respects and love to Rage and his family.  If you have him on your friends list don't remove him, Logan is still logging in and keeping his father's legacy living.

-WaR-Do6

Edited by II-MaCoo-II
  • Like 1

• Directors
Ok guys, we are set for Monday night 9pm central is when the show will start and we will discuss the news and everything first so Tricky Can get home:

Urgent Frequency Episode 107 - We remember [sHO] Rage75 and Qbert Wants You

This is a live show and you can call in via Skype or via phone (347) 677-1638

We know this is going to be a tough show but we have some surprises from SHO's past with Urgent Fury and we invite everyone to call in... the show can only run about 2 hours and 45 minutes but we will get as many on as possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bummed I missed the live podcast, checking out the recording now. I always had great respect for SHO. Great communities like that are created from good, quality people. I never had much personal interaction with Rage, but the experiences I had with him and his clan were always top notch. My first match against SHO was actually my first match in UF when my brother and I played in UF141. The map was Karachi and I was blown away with the coordination, team work, and tactics. They totally kicked our butts!

Great to see the community rally around one of the pillar community members.

Condolences to SHO and the Rage family.

• Like 1