What is going on with HHour?

• Directors

Just so we are clear, are you making a statement from this...? or is someone exploiting an alpha impressive to you?

Im not sure what you mean but the beta has been out less than 12 hours and they have already hacked it.

So you are impressed by an exploiter in a game from which a group you claim is held together by duct tape? Hmm... This is a "beta" because they have to from to the kickstarter. What I'm seeing here is nowhere near a beta. You are going to argue that this dev team has had time to lock down their code? Isn't testing intended to help fix these issues anyway?

Edited by Pillorian

• Directors

So you are impressed by an exploiter in a game from which a group you claim is held together by duct tape? Hmm... This is a "beta" because they have to from to the kickstarter. What I'm seeing here is nowhere near a beta. You are going to argue that this dev team has had time to lock down their code? Isn't testing intended to help fix these issues anyway?

More of disappointed and they have had almost 2 years to lock the code down... And yes I agree this is far from even a true alpha state.

I just think it's comical that it was exploited so quickly.

More of disappointed and they have had almost 2 years to lock the code down... And yes I agree this is far from even a true alpha state.

I just think it's comical that it was exploited so quickly.

Hopefully they have a good group of testers who can help find these. Nothing is perfect unfortunately. It's too bad that in those 2 years they have 1 map, character set, some voice overs and gameplay.

I'll also note that in the video, the round has a 1 hour time limit. Not likely a game server the studio is hosting (also nobody else is in the game). If this guy is hosting his own server, it actually doesn't mean it was hacked if he has the ability to change server settings.

• Directors

Hopefully they have a good group of testers who can help find these. Nothing is perfect unfortunately. It's too bad that in those 2 years they have 1 map, character set, some voice overs and gameplay.

I'll also note that in the video, the round has a 1 hour time limit. Not likely a game server the studio is hosting (also nobody else is in the game). If this guy is hosting his own server, it actually doesn't mean it was hacked if he has the ability to change server settings.

2 Maps actually and it comes out on early release in 11 days. Everything is on steam servers at this point and I did not pay attention to actual round times when I was watching some live streams today.

There are plenty of streams out there though.

2 Maps actually and it comes out on early release in 11 days. Everything is on steam servers at this point and I did not pay attention to actual round times when I was watching some live streams today.

There are plenty of streams out there though.

I don't believe Valve would host or provide game servers for a game unless it was their own game (CSGO, TF2, DOTA, etc). They would host the game files for download tho. That's been my experience playing various games on Steam anyway.

• Directors

I don't believe Valve would host or provide game servers for a game unless it was their own game (CSGO, TF2, DOTA, etc). They would host the game files for download tho. That's been my experience playing various games on Steam anyway.

I think there is a cost involved but that is my understanding is the games are on a steam server... and from what I can see in the live streams it is 4 min rounds.

One legitimate concern I do have comes from a very technical person with some inside info. He mentioned to me that there is a difference in making games between being a content creator and a actual programmer. Which makes sense. Content creators create game visual assets while programmers essentially write server code, scripts, etc (things that can be exploited). He felt that the HHour crew talents fall more into the content creator category so there is a potential if there are hacking issues, they may not have talent to deal with it. Be that as it may, it is his opinion and time will tell how they are able to deal with the issue.

• Directors

Yes we did on bigfry's stream I have learned you can create custom rooms so that is probably what this guy did.

I'll have to find the link but in frys stream there was a guy using a speed exploit

Sent via the mobile interwebs probably from a drilling rig

Hers the latest patch notes

Next build incoming. I will roll updates from West to East so when West comes up you will not be able to access until I push the build to clients.

Patch Notes:

• fix cycling spectator camera + on death logic + prevent zoom out from other player on death calls
  • sniper bullet speed adjustment

4/15 Patch Notes

Pulling the servers down to apply the latest patch. I'll bring down the Seattle and New York ones first, then Chicago. Expect anywhere from a 5-15 minutes downtime.

Patch Notes:

•fixed pause button freezing server

•new shotgun added, Spas 12

•fixed overlapping music

•coffins are back

•added assist mechanics to scoreboard tally

•work on collision and some map/model/ligthing improvements

•added green/red indicator on crosshair to indicate friend and foe

•added one surprise, can you find it?

• Directors

Looking back here is a video Glenn from PSNation made, he went to the studio and captured game play footage directly of the POC vs what people are playing now...

• Directors

Yea, that's how I understood what was going on. Had a feeling things were getting dicey when they were looking for a publisher last year. Then Sears left around the time they (I think) said they landed one (did they?) but then I quit paying attention.

No they announced they were fully funded then they announced david had left, what the actual timeline was is a mystery to most