It's been awhile since I've come around here but I did a few weeks ago because I thought how great it would be to have a UF style event on CS GO.  After looking around the forums for a bit I noticed that there wasn't as much activity here as there was before.  Did some digging around and I think I saw part of the reason why and it's quite sad, what happened with those sponsors is a real shame. 

That said, I think CSGO could be a very solid way to unwind that situation much faster.  This game is exploding and it has an economy linked to it via "skins".  The UF format would be entirely unique to the CSGO scene and I think it could really take off.  The individuals that play are incredibly competitive and there is a ton of money pouring into the scene.  We've been playing for about two years now and have seen the explosion of growth over that time.  Via the skin market & a competitive arena like UF I believe you could quickly fix the Chicago situation and start to rebuild this community.  In addition to the fact that sponsors are climbing over one another to get involved in the scene. 

CSGO Growth Chart - HERE

Why CSGO is a great Esports Title - HERE  (Sorry but I couldn't figure out how to link a youtube video on here)

Interestingly enough Socom was based in large part on CounterStrike, the difference is that CS has continued improving and has remained true to it's competitive roots.  It's definitely a hardcore game and not for the faint of heart....it's hard as sh!t!  I would not claim that it is perfect but I do think it's as close as it gets.  Anyway, I just wanted to point this out because I think UF would have the market cornered on this kind of theme play.  More importantly there are a ton of organizations making a killing on the skin market which I think could facilitate the resolution to the COD/Chicago fiasco.  Sites like csgolounge.com, csgojackpot, opskins.com are all making money hand over fist.  If done properly UF could erase the debt they currently have and in short order move towards profitability, with it the return of one of the best competitive themes I've played.

• Like 1

• Directors

Thanks for posting this Covert, I know we have discussed bringing PC in to UF many times and I agree CSGO is one hell of a competitive community. With that being said let me get E3 out of the way and we can explore this more. I know we are working pretty closely with UBI in regards to Rainbow Six Siege as well.

It has been a rough couple of years as you can imagine between Chicago and lack of employment. It is a bit unfortunate that our community has not really seen a need to help us recover, and that is ok, it's not their burden.

Hopefully we can finally start getting some games the community can play that bring back that competitive drive that keep UF going strong. At this point we are pretty sure HHour will not be one of those games by the way. We are confident in Siege though.

We are definitely open to suggestions though.

Thanks for posting this Covert, I know we have discussed bringing PC in to UF many times and I agree CSGO is one hell of a competitive community. With that being said let me get E3 out of the way and we can explore this more. I know we are working pretty closely with UBI in regards to Rainbow Six Siege as well.

It has been a rough couple of years as you can imagine between Chicago and lack of employment. It is a bit unfortunate that our community has not really seen a need to help us recover, and that is ok, it's not their burden.

Hopefully we can finally start getting some games the community can play that bring back that competitive drive that keep UF going strong. At this point we are pretty sure HHour will not be one of those games by the way. We are confident in Siege though.

We are definitely open to suggestions though.

The leap to the PC is a difficult one when we're talking about console gamers.  However, the opportunity I see is that CSGO already has a thriving economy.  As I pointed out previously you can find sites like the ones I referred to that are making hundreds of thousands monthly, www.csgojackpot.com is a money machine.  We're talking 8k a minute at peak hours of the day.  That said, I do not think UF could see that kind of profit at that rate.  However since the CSGO economy is a very real thing I think within a couple of months you could be in the black.  Rainbow Six will never have that kind of earning potential(unless there is a sponsorship) because they do not have a built in economy.  I literally know several people earning a living just trading CSGO Skins full-time. 

Anyway, I'm not trying to make a hard sell or anything I do think the idea would be great.  My position is pretty clear, I love the game but I also think it's really sad what has happened here.  If you're at E3 go by the Valve booth and see what you can pick up while you're there.  It would only take getting one NA CSGO Pro player to advertise for you on their twitch streams and you should see a nice bump.

Edited by Covert-OPs_

• Directors

The leap to the PC is a difficult one when we're talking about console gamers.  However, the opportunity I see is that CSGO already has a thriving economy.  As I pointed out previously you can find sites like the ones I referred to that are making hundreds of thousands monthly, www.csgojackpot.com is a money machine.  We're talking 8k a minute at peak hours of the day.  That said, I do not think UF could see that kind of profit at that rate.  However since the CSGO economy is a very real thing I think within a couple of months you could be in the black.  Rainbow Six will never have that kind of earning potential(unless there is a sponsorship) because they do not have a built in economy.  I literally know several people earning a living just trading CSGO Skins full-time. 

Anyway, I'm not trying to make a hard sell or anything I do think the idea would be great.  My position is pretty clear, I love the game but I also think it's really sad what has happened here.  If you're at E3 go by the Valve booth and see what you can pick up while you're there.  It would only take getting one NA CSGO Pro player to advertise for you on their twitch streams and you should see a nice bump.

I totally get what you are saying trust me... Contrary to belief, we did not expect UF to ever be a money maker, we have always been content with making sure it sustained itself. It does currently... with the ad network and web hosting we are able to keep the lights on indefinitely.

With the launch of our latest project www.hotspotagency.com all of the debt from Chicago should be erased within the year (we hope) so that will get a huge weight off of my shoulders as you can imagine.

With that being said, we are certainly interested in this and make sure you grab a World of Warships Beta key... we have a huge supply of them available thanks to WarGaming.net https://gleam.io/YaZ3W/world-of-warships-beta-keys

I totally get what you are saying trust me... Contrary to belief, we did not expect UF to ever be a money maker, we have always been content with making sure it sustained itself. It does currently... with the ad network and web hosting we are able to keep the lights on indefinitely.

With the launch of our latest project www.hotspotagency.com all of the debt from Chicago should be erased within the year (we hope) so that will get a huge weight off of my shoulders as you can imagine.

With that being said, we are certainly interested in this and make sure you grab a World of Warships Beta key... we have a huge supply of them available thanks to WarGaming.net https://gleam.io/YaZ3W/world-of-warships-beta-keys

Sounds good, if you all have any questions hit me up and we can get on teamspeak.  It shouldn't be more than a few minutes to get you acclimated to the community so you can grasp the immense opportunity.  And let's not forget this is the game that Socom never was able to become, just imagine if Socom would have progressed and stayed true to it's competitive roots!?

This is Hiko, one of the top three North American Professional CSGO players streaming live - http://www.twitch.tv/hiko

Well GL with everything and let me know if you need any more information from me.

Sounds good, if you all have any questions hit me up and we can get on teamspeak.  It shouldn't be more than a few minutes to get you acclimated to the community so you can grasp the immense opportunity.  And let's not forget this is the game that Socom never was able to become, just imagine if Socom would have progressed and stayed true to it's competitive roots!?

This is Hiko, one of the top three North American Professional CSGO players streaming live - http://www.twitch.tv/hiko

Well GL with everything and let me know if you need any more information from me.

hmu on steam sometime, I'm MG2 currently.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Faus7x

Edited by Pillorian

If UF ever did venture or considered venturing into PC, take a look at the various mobas League of Legends, DOTA, HOTS the most popular genre at the moment. Other possible shooters include the upcoming Blizzard FPS in Overwatch, HHour (if it ever goes anywhere), Battlefield is a completely different game on PC, Insurgency (not very popular) but along the lines of what clans did look for in games here.

• 1 month later...
  • Directors

Any updates on the planning for events and possibility of a CSGO debut here?

Currently we are on hold with this until we can dedicate someone to manage this

• 2 months later...

You all are missing a great opportunity. Last major(in August) had over 1.5 million viewers and the player count has increased. Venturing into a different platform could be a challenge but at this point no one has come up with your method of running a tournament on CSGO. The game continues to explode with activity and you all could be the benefactors of that.

• 2 months later...