Guest H.A.V.0.C

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Well I haven't had a random post in a while, but as I watch my, Gardner/Landscaper cut my lawn though my office window. A sudden thought came to mind..... I said to myself, I said... self....I pay this guy $150 a month, and thats for the works! mow,edge,trim shrubs & bushes, fertilize and aerate the lawn, clean the plant beds, plus chemicals for weeds and such.

So my question to myself was this....am I a lazy ass? Should I be doing this myself?....So I figured I would see how many people in the UF community actually take care of their own yard and garden?

P.S. Am I getting ripped off? is $150.00 a month for that a deal, or am I getting burned?

Thats a pretty good deal. i don't know the size of your lawn. But my whole family is so busy, its hard to get out and mow the yard. So we had a landscaper come and give us an estimate. For him to come mow twice a month it would cost us 400 dollars. But thats just mowing. If we wanted it edged and stuff like that, it would be an extra 50 dollars per thing he did.

you should mow it ...i mow mine and i love going out their and saying i take care of this shit, i sweat to make it look good......their is a satisfaction that you can only experience when it is done and you take that dip in the pool or lake to get the clipping of your body that says ..........ahhhhhhhhhhhh......but that is your call to make for me i just bought this mothaflucka today

51572819-3873-4f14-a7a6-72f5befc3bc2_300.jpg

Guest [iLL] Andawg

We paid a guy for a while to come every two weeks and they sucked ass. My Wife and I both have worked in the landscape business in our former lives and could, and now do, mow circles around that bastard.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

above and beyond mowing the lawn i quit doing a lot of things a couple of years ago. i pay for trash service now, i pay to have my oil changed, i pay to have my yard taken care of. its not that i am lazy, its just that i make a decent living, and i want to enjoy my time, not spend every saturday doing these tasks.

Guest STR8_HATE

Well seeing that I use to own a landscape and lawn care before I passed it on to my brother, you are getting a pretty good deal. I do my own of coarse, but for the price and the non headache of having someone else do.....I would rather go golfing than cut my grass any day.

Guest Corruptor310

Hell I moved into an apartment so I didnt have to cut the grass, that and my old house was a hole........

I enjoy sitting on my balcony watching them run around on their riders!!!

love the smell of fresh cut grass -- even sweeter when somebody else does it!!!

I can't say I get the same satisfaction as some do, but I do handle my own yard in full. This Saturday after spending the entire day workin on my Grandma's yard, I came home and fertilized, seeded, and dropped hay on all the places I let the fuckin leaves sit all winter. I was pretty hardcore on yard work the first four years, but last year I let it go a bit.

Dude, I love working in the yard, and doing landscape. Its actually fun for me. But I am your typical Native American. I LOVE being outside...especially when its 90 degrees or warmer. LOVE IT!!

And now..Shane523 will coment......

_SEQUOYAH ]

Dude, I love working in the yard, and doing landscape. Its actually fun for me. But I am your typical Native American. I LOVE being outside...especially when its 90 degrees or warmer. LOVE IT!!

Dude, I'll pay you in furs and pills to come out and do my landscaping!! ;D

BigMoneyNacku ]
_SEQUOYAH ]

Dude, I'll pay you in furs and pills to come out and do my landscaping!! ;D

Jesus, Nack I lost 2 ounces of water out my nose while reading that!