Best Kinds of Basball Bats? (Wooden)

Yea so i bought myself a Red Mizuno Maple Bat thats 33in in length....I wanted to know If i Made a good Choice in picking this bat...

and if not, is there any bat that you guys would recommend? just to remind you...im only a freshman is Hs but i am also a bit Big....5'11" and 180 lbs.....so any recommendations?

172603.jpg

That's a nice bat, especially because it's maple. I like Rawlings wood bats, their Maple bats are top notch as are their ash (Maple is a tad more expensive, but more durable). Why are you using a wood bat in HS though? I use wood in an 21+ league, but in HS I used aluminum.

Yea Its Manditory to use wooden in NyC high school leagues now....

Im Guessing its because with aluminum bats it has a little more pop and some kid was hit in the head and died...But dont take my word for that.....

Hopefully i can make a good transition for the metal to wood though...i do like the pop i get when i hit to deep center =D

MRM3T ]

Im Guessing its because with aluminum bats it has a little more pop and some kid was hit in the head and died...But dont take my word for that.....

I am pretty sure that is what happened.

I have heard a lot of MLB players are going with ASH now. I guess it is one of the cheaper ones and gets good pop like the maple without the shattering like maple.

It is because of the unnecessary injuries, sometimes deaths, that occur using aluminium bats. I never understood why to use them other than boosting injuries and ego's. Here's a good idea, lets give the ball more velocity when kids that don't always have great reaction times are playing. ;D

I really hope in the next few years we see metal bats gone altogether after little league. Once the kids start throwing 40+ I don't think they are needed.

MRM3T ]

Hopefully i can make a good transition for the metal to wood though...i do like the pop i get when i hit to deep center =D

Wait for the 2nd pitch.

http://www.break.com/index/100mph-line-drive-off-head.html

smokeosama ]

That's a nice bat, especially because it's maple. I like Rawlings wood bats, their Maple bats are top notch as are their ash (Maple is a tad more expensive, but more durable). Why are you using a wood bat in HS though? I use wood in an 21+ league, but in HS I used aluminum.

Same thoughts on bat, My HS used wood bats.