Akon the liar!!! LMAO

I was bored at work, so I read the whole thing. Pretty much he said he ran a high profile stolen car ring. That some underlings ratted on him. He was looking at 75 years, but only ended up with 3. Turns out he was once caught in a stolen bmw 740i with fake papers, and served a couple months in a county holding cell before they dropped charges. :D :D

lol this is why I don't listen to the junk they force feed you on the radio. Hip Hop IS dead, to quote Nas...when all the white trash kids are wearing bling and ghetto gear, and think its cool to talk in ebonics...you KNOW something is broken with the system lol Just enjoy the true hip hop for the music, the beats, the composition...and of course the flow! None of this homo gangsta image...its played out

Pathogen- ]

lol this is why I don't listen to the junk they force feed you on the radio. Hip Hop IS dead, to quote Nas...when all the white trash kids are wearing bling and ghetto gear, and think its cool to talk in ebonics...you KNOW something is broken with the system lol Just enjoy the true hip hop for the music, the beats, the composition...and of course the flow! None of this homo gangsta image...its played out

Fucking WORD!!! The real shitty part is it's not just hip-hop that is dead. The whole music industry is pretty stagnant right now.

First off, why is is neccessary to be a fuckin criminal to be considered a good singer? Thats the part of this that really doesn't make any sense to me. Your music doesnt sound better, your lyrics are just lies. So what? What part of the entertainment industry is REAL? None of it.

People, these cats live like Kings. Doing petty theft is what they want you to THINK they do, but honestly. Thug mentalilty has never gotten anyone anywhere other than dead. Stupid.

OK, I'm done with my rant.

By the way, I'm a fat white guy. So feel free to discredit all my thoughts because of my skin color.

I wouldn't do that to ya Tool. Now I might discredit yer thoughts cuz yer fat. :o Wait a minute. I'm kinda fat these days too. SHIT! :D :D

The sad thing is that it does make a difference in record sales. All those stupid little thug wanna be's and gang members can't be seen listening to something that is actually good ya know. Me? I roll down the street in my bimmer blasting Milli Vanilli!! 8)

BigMoneyNacku ]

I wouldn't do that to ya Tool. Now I might discredit yer thoughts cuz yer fat. :o Wait a minute. I'm kinda fat these days too. SHIT! :D :D

The sad thing is that it does make a difference in record sales. All those stupid little thug wanna be's and gang members can't be seen listening to something that is actually good ya know. Me? I roll down the street in my bimmer blasting Milli Vanilli!! 8)

Nack, my rant was in general, and in no way directed towards you.

It really is something that I am ASHAMED of as an American. Don't think for one minute my 14 and 12 yr old daughters don't listen to Akon. They love anything that is R&B, hip hop, or teeny bob. I just wish that we could get back to enjoying music for what it means or does for us, instead of what the person singing has done with their lives. JMO.

LMFAO Path.

Tool, I didn't think it was directed towards me. I just got too much sleep last night and am amped up. So of course I'll be spewing crap all day long here. ;D

I just wish hip-hop artists would start writing lyrics liek they used to. I don't wanna hear how many hoes you did or niggas you shot at. There are some real good hooks that are ruined by garbage lyrics these days. The rock scene isn't any better.

If you need me I'll be listening to Metallica and Tribe Called Quest. 8)

Guest Corruptor310
Pathogen- ]

I agree. I pretty much stick with the underground, or almost underground, acts, the ones that have all the talent in the world and don't get the airplay.

Which is great, because if they DID...I tend to get bored of the crap they play over and over on the radio

here ya go http://www.foetus.org i suggest the music player for a taste of what it is about.

and as far as acorn.

just another lying punk trying to be a bad ass -- world is full of them.

I love that sig, Pathogen.....

Anyway, I guess I'm going to have to stop playing "I Wan to Fuck You" by Akon over the sound system when I have a lady over to try and show her my tender side during dinner. Sigh......

I like my fair share of rap.

More of a rock and metal guy, but I have enough love for the other.

I, too, am disappointed when I hear about the bling/ho's/nigga/guns rhyming going on. Who NEEDS that? Here in Chicago, I get to hear on a weekly basis about the next Chicago Public School shooting victim because of gun and gang violence. So far this year, we're up to 24 deaths in shooting violence for our students under the age of 18. One of the last ones was only 7.

I turn on some news radio in the morning on the way in to work to get my quick news fix, and usually it's to hear about the economy or the sports portion....but then I have to listen to who got shot last night.

I'm not saying that rap is responsible for this. This will always bring up the age-old debate "who is raising the kids, the celebrities or the parents," because we all know the answer to that. However, as even some top respected black leaders have been saying, the violence in the music needs to STOP. When children have nothing else in life, the one thing they will listen to is the music.

I would think, in this day and age, in THIS country and in THIS timeline, one would be a little more proud of the achievements he's made, the success he's had rather than how many guys he's shot or how many ho-bags he's bagged.

well, when you think about it...there aren't too many subjects left in the world that aren't overdone in any type of media. Personally, I"m a sap and love songs (that aren't sang in country twang...unless its Jimmy Buffet) about love lost and/or found, yearning, etc etc. I love the hell out of Snow Patrol, and I'll fight anyone that says I'm a puss!

Hip Hop, at least from my childhood understanding, was created as a form of expression...expression about the frustration of living on the "streets" or ghetto. So it is natural that there are anectodotal rhymes about guns, prostitutes, skanks, and 40's...because that does happen. But what commercial rap has done to ruin the voice and truth of hip hop is to take those realisms and make them ideal for white suburban kids who have no concept of what ghetto life is all about. As we've all said in previous posts, they glorify...instead of condemn..that lifestyle. Glamourize it, instead of preaching a departure towards a better life.

Here is an example...I was at a pre-game party and we were chillin' drinking, and watching the movie Belly. I love the movie...the opening scene, and a few others..they just stick in your mind. I'm going to digress for a moment and state that as a movie on a whole, it wasn't directed overly well..but if you take it scene by scene..there are some GREAT ones there; one can totally tell that it was directed by a music video director, Hype Williams, and the product can be likened to a short story writer attempting a novel.

ANYway...the dudes at the party all wanted to identify with DMX's character, yelling in approval, thinking he's bad ass. What they don't realize is that they've totally missed the point. Like the general population, they have fallen into the trap of idolizing these "new outlaws," the urban gangsta replacing the William H. Bonneys and Jesse James' of the wild west. The point of the movie was to show stark contrast between an unthinking animal, DMX, and the cerebral character played by Nas...to show that even one deep into the lifestyle can have an epiphany and reach for something much larger than to be a common thug.

And I totally can't believe I wrote all that.

p.s...Tow, which sig? the Milli Vanilli pic? Dude, I will totally admit, and only get a tiny bit red in the face, that I remember singing as a kid in my parents' car... "Girl you know its true....oo oo oo, I love yoooooo"