Disgrace to our service personnel.

Guest Corruptor310

lol...I'm no crime expert, but from what I understand, there is little reforming done at all. Most people exit jails and then find themselfs right back in them. Repeat offenders make up a large percentage of the jail population.

last I checked, "The American Way" had nothing to do with going to jail. Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

I always thought the american way had more to do with working hard to get ahead.

Playerdown ]

i think enough of my tax money is already wasted on putting them thru the system' date='then to pay his wages for life? I would rather have it used for more worthwhile causes.

[/quote']

Classic from a person that has never served in the military... Remember this each one of them boys and girls pay there own damn pay checks... yes the military pay taxes on there own f'n pay check you help but don't pay for it all. ;)

This whole thing is about this a shit bag is a shit bag, Corruptor you should know this from the 8 years you spent in the Marines Corps. You know what is has only gotten worse the Crucible and no thrashing recruits is a joke. You can polish a turd it's still a turd and the shit smell will eventually come out. My father was felon he was an outstanding Solider in the Army as well. Sometimes the military can save an individual they just need to be pointed in the right direction. Like it has been said if the shit smell comes out they get booted.

Corruptor don't forget this use to be the way of the old you got to jail or you go to the military. Me being a Marine for 8.5 years I think everyone should serve at least 2 years in one branch of service to include the Coast Guard. The movie "Starship Troopers" has more in meaning then it was giving.

Ohh Rah just an old salty SSgt ranting..

OMNI ]

lol...I'm no crime expert, but from what I understand, there is little reforming done at all. Most people exit jails and then find themselfs right back in them. Repeat offenders make up a large percentage of the jail population.

last I checked, "The American Way" had nothing to do with going to jail. Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

i always though the american way had more to do with working hard to get ahead.

Granite Omni but most of them go back to the same crews and the same streets that got them there. If I was still living in Northern Wisconsin I probably would have ended up pumping gas at the same gas station all the dead heads that still live up there are doing. The military can open doors for a person and get them away from what was dragging them down. Monies for college, training and experience in a job, many things.

Guest M16Assassin
Vassily_06 ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

So dont worry boys! Before we put any real bad guys in uniform we will draft your ass first.

i lol'd right there. But we should bring the draft back' date=' people Should fight for their country, not hide back at home and bitch about the war and how the troops are handling it. Second i get surgery on my ears im off to the Marine recruitment center faster then you can salute.

[/quote']

Go ahead and bring back the draft. I'll be the first person to jump that shit straight to Canada. You make the same mistake everyone does about those of us who aren't war supporters. WE DONT HATE SOLDIERS, WE HATE POLITICANS. I respect soldiers very much, both my uncle and grandfather served. I have no problem defending my country but I'm not going to be forced to do anything I don't believe in. So come talk to me when the Chinese invade. Until then I'll be "sitting at home bitching"

On the subject of convicts in the military I don't see the problem with it. As long as it isn't a violent crime I don't see the harm. Dub got in trouble for having weed. Just cause your friends with Mary Jane doesn't mean you can't hang with Uncle Sam. ;D

Ya Macoo, definatly should have mandatory service, but people are going to bitch and moan if we tried that. they'd probally say the government is taking away their rights and freedoms (Damn the founding fathers for having that in there) and say that the US is like the new Facism... Personally i think that if you want the right to vote, u gotta serve in the Armed forces.. Earn your rights.

RNG187 ]

mandatory is a good idea' date=' but right after high school? funding?

and vass, earn our rights? they wouldnt be rights then, more like privileges.

[/quote']

fine, earn your privileges... Dunno when tho, all i know is that after i have the surgery and once i finish high school, im off to the Marines (Or Air force, wouldnt mind flying F22s or F35s..)

Guest M16Assassin
Vassily_06 ]
RNG187 ]

[/quote']

fine, earn your privileges... Dunno when tho, all i know is that after i have the surgery and once i finish high school, im off to the Marines (Or Air force, wouldnt mind flying F22s or F35s..)

Just because you want to join the military doesn't mean I should have to, go ahead and join but why would you want to force people to? I was born here, I pay taxes, I dont need to earn anything to vote, thats the beautiful thing about democracy, you can't force people to do things.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Killafrisco ]

I say let them fight for their freedom if they serve their country for once then they repay their dept to society.

this is my favorite quote of the whole thread...so you are telling me that if i raped and killed your mom, sister, wife, or daughter, and then joined the army and went overseas to fight for our country, that all would be forgiven and i could come home with a clean slate? personally, i think you would still hate me when i got back, if the offense was against you and your loved ones, making your statement hypocritical. you may want to think a little harder before you post your opinions in the future.

p.s. - i am not trying to start an arguement or piss you off, just saying that im not sure i beleive this is how you feel.

Prane ]
Vassily_06 ]
RNG187 ]

[/quote']

Just because you want to join the military doesn't mean I should have to, go ahead and join but why would you want to force people to? I was born here, I pay taxes, I dont need to earn anything to vote, thats the beautiful thing about democracy, you can't force people to do things.

Man, I wasn't gonna get involved in this thread other than to point out they used to do it all the time. :(

While I do/maybe not anymore, agree with you prane. I've been thinking about it all day, since this thread has been going crazy. While I do think mandatory would be fucked, maybe there should be some middle ground. The alarming speed at which our society is disentegrating makes me think, wow, a little discipline in young lives would do a SHITLOAD to help us right this sinking ship. The core ideals that military life teaches you are missing in alot of today's common man. Now I know and you know that is the parents fault. SO how do you correct the parents? You can't really without writing a law banning being a douchebag parent, which is no way to run a democracy.

I honestly have no solution, but something needs done.

Over all I have to disagree with some of you here. The armed forces does NOT and IS NOT filled with the dregs of society. Believe it or not the criteria and selection process for jobs in any of our armed forces is thourough.

IMO it SHOULD NOT be mandatory for everyone to serve- We should just take care of our soldiers, sailors and pilots better. IE pay them more.

Dude I have a felony and I was told by a Army Recruiter that its ok. But I dont have any of the felony that was in that news bit

"The bulk of the crimes involved were burglaries, other thefts, and drug offenses, but nine involved sex crimes and six involved manslaughter or vehicular homicide convictions. Several dozen Army and Marine recruits had aggravated assault or robbery convictions, including incidents involving weapons"

I think a person who has been charged with "burglaries, other thefts, and drug offenses" should be able to to join as long as their not repeat offenders but the ones with the "sex crimes and six involved manslaughter" should not be able to. and the vehicular homicide convictions should all depend on the circumstances, My step bro got vehicular homicide when he was racing. It wasnt a legal one, but both partie knew the risk with street racing.

Guest Corruptor310

Semper Fi MaCoo.

I am surprise this post is doing as well as it is.

Does anybody happen to know - if a felon, goes into the Service, serves faithfully and gets out, does he get his voting rights -- enabled, or his right to bear arms re-instated??

Draft vs Convicts -- draft all day long. For those that wish to run to Canada, knock yourself out, some day your douchebaggery will catch up with ya.

Mandatory service --- all for it. And not because this group of youngsters are so undisciplined that they need it --- you hear that same garbage from each generation. I am for it because I got to meet a German youth who was about to go in for his Country's mandatory 2 years of service, he was pumped, he was excited, becuase at that time it reflected a type of passage into adulthood. Do they all feel that way, I seriously doubt it. But at least for some it is a motivator and a right of passage to adulthood. Plus I am sure that country could do without one more skinhead whose weekend relaxation included going to Hamburg to smash Turks and smack junkies in the head with pipes when they found them......... what a world huh. Yeah that is exactly what he told he us did for fun........ We taught him the proper way to do shots of tequilla.........

Paying for mandatory service. Hmmmm the way our government spends our money. you cannot seriously want to discuss this as something that would be too expensive for our government to do?? This argument would be easier if you just said, the Senators, congressman, mayor, governors son/daughter cannot serve before joe innercity.......

VAssily -- the world needs more guys like you. First off good luck with the surgery I hope it takes you where you want to go your whole life.

New Direction for any war: Send Service Vets over 60!

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing ass-backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. "My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry" We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt. In the "New army" now, "Get down and give me ... er .. One."

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them. Also, we won't get in trouble for mistreating prisoners.

We won't take any.

If nothing else, put us on border patrol....we will have it secured the first night!

Share this with your senior friends. It's purposely in big type so you can read it!!!!

Guest M16Assassin
Playerdown ]

New Direction for any war: Send Service Vets over 60!

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing ass-backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight' date=' they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. "My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry" We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt. In the "New army" now, "Get down and give me ... er .. One."

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them. Also, we won't get in trouble for mistreating prisoners.

We won't take any.

If nothing else, put us on border patrol....we will have it secured the first night!

Share this with your senior friends. It's purposely in big type so you can read it!!!!

[/quote']

Bravo Player Bravo!! Thank you because that is the best post I've ever read in my life!! That was hilarious. ;D

Playerdown ]

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell.

LOL...

that was a very funny post

I think the 20-foot wall is to simulate roping down from a Black Hawk. But i agree with the push up part, except for the fact that it increases your endurance and how much pressure areas of your body can handle.

I agree with you Corruptor. It is an absolute disgrace. The majority of violent felons will return to prison. Its a fact. This isnt Hollywood. We're not talking about the Dirty Dozen here.

Right now, the biggest growing fear amongst Law Enforcement Departments nation wide is the return of thousands of gang members who currently serve in our military. They are being trained to use automatic rifles and explosives. They are learning CQB and hand to hand fighting skills. They are even being given first hand experience in Combat Tactics so that they can gain the advantage over their enemy.

Not all of those returning will return to their former lives. But many will. Imagine the level of crimes that could potentially be comitted by those who return to that life with the training they've had.

As of right now there is no way to know who will and who wont. And its sad. And it'll be hard for both sides to cope with. I for one wish we had the aswer right now.

onewholikes2kill ]

It would appear that we have people that do not believe in the American way. The justice system is built on the foundations of reform. You do the crime, you do the time. Your dept to society is supposed to be paid, when you are done with your punishment.

REFORM????

Tell that to the parents of the next kid that gets abducted by a pedophile who has been in and out of prison and who each time has been paroled because hes been "REFORMED". Or when someone you know is raped by a guy who was just paroled two weeks earlier because he was also "REFORMED".

It amazes me how many people, even in this community, seem to live such sheltered lives. Perception doesnt always match what goes on in the real world. There are bad people in the world. Not everyone can be, or wants to be, "REFORMED". It is a fact of life that every sane contributor to society should know.

Also:

There are too many "law-abyding" folks in our country that dont have the testicle fortitude or the selflessness to serve the greater good; anyone that is willing to fight and die for our country should be allowed that honor.

This is a pretty general statement. Everyone demostrates their PATRIOTISM differently. Many of those folks you are speaking of, for one reason or another, are unable to join the US Military. I dont believe the lack of testicle fortitude or selflessness is why either. I certainly dont believe that using violent felons is the answer either.

Over all I have to disagree with some of you here. The armed forces does NOT and IS NOT filled with the dregs of society. Believe it or not the criteria and selection process for jobs in any of our armed forces is thourough.

IMO it SHOULD NOT be mandatory for everyone to serve- We should just take care of our soldiers, sailors and pilots better. IE pay them more.

Not "FILLED" by any means. But we all know that when numbers are down, and this goes for any type of job that requires testing to get hired, then the requirements go down.

And I couldnt agree with you more about paying them more. We as a country should be ashamed for the "scraps" we pay our service men and women. Doing a job like that is never about the money but they have to be able to survive. Their families have to be able to survive. The families of US Fallen Heros should be taken care of, adequately, for life. The ultimate sacrifise should be repayed by us.

Mandatory service --- all for it. And not because this group of youngsters are so undisciplined that they need it --- you hear that same garbage from each generation.

Yeah but this generation will be hiding in the PS3 Home and wont come out unless they can fight the virtual war.

Playerdown...........I'm not going to quote your entire post about sending the "OLD" guys to war. But, I have to say that that was pretty damn funny.

I think the 20-foot wall is to simulate roping down from a Black Hawk.

Then why are you made to climb up it? And most fast ropeing is done from higher than 20 feet.