Ps3 going bad 60gig

Sometimes when I load cod4 it will go to a screen thats just black and white,it looks like when you turn your tv on with no antenna plugged into it.Also I'll be playing and my dude will just start running straight or in circles for like 2 -3 seconds... Any help?

Colonel-Kurtz ]

the 2nd issue- running in circles thing- happens to me periodically, i think its a bluetooth issue between the machine and the controller. Issue 1, the black/white screen- that doesnt sound too good...

yeah i have the same problem. i thought it was everytime my cell phone got a call or a text and the signals messed it up or something

• 3 months later...

Mine crapped out... Out of warranty....

Now I need to find a deal....

I suppose though that I just take my out HD out and put it in the New one. Right? And I guess that I get to still have 60GB even if I buy the 40. Just replace HD... Also I have to figure out how to rescue the game that is still in there because it won't eject. This all Sucks!

MarauderHD ]

I suppose though that I just take my out HD out and put it in the New one. Right? And I guess that I get to still have 60GB even if I buy the 40. Just replace HD... Also I have to figure out how to rescue the game that is still in there because it won't eject. This all Sucks!

unless your HD is the reason it failed ;D

MarauderHD ]

20GB - Amazon

20GB - Ebay

;D ;):-*

You know with all of these gaming systems on Ebay starting at $.01 if you just bid like $50 bucks on all of them with "No Reserve" i bet you can win one sooner or later.!!

Chili-Palmer ]
MarauderHD ]

20GB - Amazon

20GB - Ebay

;D ;):-*

You know with all of these gaming systems on Ebay starting at $.01 if you just bid like $50 bucks on all of them with "No Reserve" i bet you can win one sooner or later.!!

i dont think the 20GB is a good idea, im pretty sure that is the one with the most problems. try a 40GB. but if you are desperate and you truly need a system those 20GB can last until you find a better deal.

hey ive been having a lot of prblms with my 60 gb ps3 as well, Its literally a year and a week since i first got it. Its really annoying how it keeps happening at the most inopportune moments. even though it took me a while i decided to format the hard drive today, so far it hasnt frozen again. Idk if formatting it was a solution but it didnt hurt to try it. I will post back on here if i get a frozen ps3 again, maybe itll b of help to someone lol and if not then sorry for posting my home remedies up here fellas :P

MarauderHD ]

Mine last night did a purple screen. Then turned off. Now I try and turn it on and the light goes green for a second and then yellow and then HAHA your PS3 is dead and now you have to spend $400 bucks RED.

that same shit happen to mines awhile back, but i had it under warranty at Best buy they replace it w/ a new one thank god--- It was an original release day 60 gig model lasted me about 1yr & 3mths, my new PS3 is still going strong--Knock on wood--lol

Tough to buy one one eBay. All these noobs bid them up over $300. Then they have to pay about $30 for shipping. And these are Used and some are 20gb ones. I've been trying all day. I'm not going $300 when I can get one new for just $50 more. Idiots.

*Ahhh as I was typing above I won one for $230. Not too bad.

MarauderHD ]

Your hd dosen't have any of you game info on it. my 20 gig went out on me and when i bought a 60 gig system i put the 20 gig hd in and the only thing that was on it was my updates.

hey this is really cool, my friend sent his ps3 to sony so he can get an HDD upgrade to 250gb, he originally had a 40gb, so while he is telling the customer support guy that he wants a better HDD, he also asks if he can get the backwards compatibility chip, the customer support guy said yes, but he didn't say if he had to apy extra or you guys know that some customer support people sometimes don't know what they are talking about, i am gonna keep you posted as to how it went, maybe someone wants backwards compatibility.

TRUE_GOLDENCHILD ]
MarauderHD ]

Your hd dosen't have any of you game info on it. my 20 gig went out on me and when i bought a 60 gig system i put the 20 gig hd in and the only thing that was on it was my updates.

Maybe it was because you were over your 20gb.?..