WHY ?............Why when sometimes, some days, but not all, is it that you cant always connect with your friends in COD4 ? What is the science behind this occurrance ? It is maken me mad as hell at times, I just wanna toss the disc like a frisbie ! This happens to myself and members of my clan, [tdH]. Some days it really gets my blood boiling. I really like this game.....really I do......but DAMN ! I HATE THIS GAME !!

So, would some one please educate me ? ! TY

For me it all depends on the "NAT"

I'm not sure if it is the same on PS3, but im sure Goat could fill in the rest, & help you & your clan to make sure they are set up best to connect to each other.

For me i know riught away if we cant connect, i have to log off go test my connection & most of the time the "NAT" will say Moderate or Strict, which means i need to reset my router, then when i test it again it says Open which means if there are any issues connecting it isn't me. ;D

So then we move on to the next guy who is having trouble or is in the room that needs to log out & check his "NAT" and so on..

IF everyone's "NAT" is open there is never a problem, so im guessing it is you or one of your clanmates' NAT that is causing the problem.

That is my cliff notes version, but like i said let Goat help you out with more details & possibly a PS3 senario.

-Disciple- ]
-PiT0- ]

Seriously I cannot connect to more than 8 members in N. I always have to wait for certain members to come online and host for me to join their party

So please if you know how to fix this let us know. Help us bring pito home to his family. :P

What NAT type is Pito runnin? Nat Type plays a role, at least thats what I have been told.

Ahhh......NAT TYPE. I think thats where the answer may lie. I know that some people are not computer literate enough (myself) to find and or change this setting, if it is accessible on your own behalf. I would imagine it might be in some cases set by your service provider, maybe ? Well, cant speculate, might want to check out what BIG MONEY...suggested. Hey, thanks everyone for the input.

You can check under the PS3 network settings to see what nat type your running.

Another thing I suggest is running a Network test. Not only will you see your NAT type ( 1 or 2 is what you need) but it may refresh your connection enough to straighten everything out without you having to manipulate the settings on your router/ modem.