UF RIOT ACT IS NOW UP AND LINKED!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be an ass or something, but I am both Muslim and Arabic. The tournament idea is great, but the idea of Muslim as terrorists does offend some people including me. I don't think any one of you guys would like some one to say Christian terrorists or any of these things. I know I can't change the whole world, but I know I can try to give you guys the right idea in here. One of the offensive things for me was that the sentences in Arabic were random letters. I realize that this is all in fun for the tournament but it has come off as offensive to me.

Handsome_Devil ]

I don't think any one of you guys would like some one to say Christian terrorists or any of these things.

BY no means am I trying to play down your post, but I would LOVE it if they said that!! :D

THe world is what it is. And right now there are alot of muslims in that part of the world who are terrorists. I don't see where they are implying all muslims are terrorists. Some are, it's just a fact. Just like Some priests are pedophiles. I could see how the arabic sentence would be offensive though. How about a suggestion? No reason to blow shit outta context. We play military shooters, and some muslims are the bad guys.

Handsome_Devil ]

Not to be an ass or something, but I am both Muslim and Arabic. The tournament idea is great, but the idea of Muslim as terrorists does offend some people including me. I don't think any one of you guys would like some one to say Christian terrorists or any of these things. I know I can't change the whole world, but I know I can try to give you guys the right idea in here. One of the offensive things for me was that the sentences in Arabic were random letters. I realize that this is all in fun for the tournament but it has come off as offensive to me.

Thanks for your input, Devil.

One, hopefully you'll already know without us having to explain it out that we're not racially profiling anyone, we're not saying all Muslims are terrorists and we're not out to offend anyone. The current climate of the world today sometimes makes it very hard not to offend someone with something or anything you do.

We tread even closer to that line when we build a tournament around a game involving modern warfare and the political climate it piggybacks on.

I do not know why one of the offensive things for you was the use of random Arabic letters, because we were unaware that the letters were random at all. The Arabic letters used underneath the "Riot Act" title were typed using an Arabic FONT, so we took that for what it was.

The flag and symbol used on the flag were heavily researched in both the colors AND the text used in the white bar as means and intents of holy connotations.

The text in the flag itself states, in Arabic, "alahu akbar," which means, simply, "God is great." This is a phrase very indicative of the Muslim people and...unfortunately, also something that is yelled out by radical Islamists before they kill you. We did not make that up in our imaginary world.

Which brings me to my last point. "Radical Islamists" and "Islamic Militants" are not racially charged or derogatory terms in the least bit. We are not saying Muslims or all Muslims are terrorists. We're saying Radical Islamists are terrorists.........because, well, they ARE.

We have created a world here at Urgent Fury that may mirror our own, but is NOT our own.

Thus far in the "UFiverse," The US has been hostilely taken over by militant cells from within and is now under an iron fist government rule. Africa and Europe had gone to war after their own civil wars had declared dictators. The US began shooting immigrants from Central and South America and South America endured a guerrilla-like war that pushed its people nearly to the oceans. What I'm trying to say here is...this is make believe. We're not trying to send our own personal message out to the masses via a video game tournament. We're not trying to secretly convert people to our thinking and we're not trying to condemn one entire ethnicity or race. We're creating a STORY. We're creating a tournament, and in Urgent Fury, the only "victims" are the ones who DON'T sign up for the fun. ;) Otherwise, we're not out to offend. Just entertain.

We're sorry that it seems you have found some discontent with what we've presented, but I will only ask you to look at things a little closer and more carefully.

We're careful about what we put out there, so we can only ask for that same care in return.

We have insulted no one. We have not belittled anyone. All we are doing here is creating a story to go with the action...and not just dumbing down our community here by bringing JUST the action.

I do hope after reading this you may come to a better understanding of our presentation and our intentions.

Sincerely,

TOW

Handsome_Devil ]

It was only a feedback though, nothing more. and if you guys need an Arabic sentence I can write it for you.

LOL...oh no....it's too late for that.

You say nothing more now, but just a few posts earlier, you were an insulted and offended Muslim.

Then I had to go write that long post.

So it can be more.....it's ok. We'll always address concerns as they arise. ;)

Undertow ]
Killafrisco ]

Good job don't know if ThzZ is gonna sign up for this one unless someone sponsors us.

...................................................I guess you could ask someone's grandma to sponsor the $25 bucks for you............? :-\

LMAO

Undertow ]
Killafrisco ]

Good job don't know if ThzZ is gonna sign up for this one unless someone sponsors us.

...................................................I guess you could ask someone's grandma to sponsor the $25 bucks for you............? :-\

Its just the fact that no one wants to pay just to play I could care less about the money I just know they ain't gonna pay to try and win a tournament that has no prize nothing they are whores but I love them for it. I don't push for any type of tournament unless my clan wants me to.

Killafrisco ]

Its just the fact that no one wants to pay just to play I could care less about the money I just know they ain't gonna pay to try and win a tournament that has no prize nothing they are whores but I love them for it. I don't push for any type of tournament unless my clan wants me to.

In order to play in the best tournament you have to be willing to cough a little something up, nothing in life is free, especially when it's this good. I don't think the $25 is much to ask, especially if everyone chips in. And I don't recall Tow, Sniper, or any of the other UF admins declaring there was no prize. To our knowledge something may still be in the works and word will be released on it come beginning of the tourney or something like that. You need to have faith and so does you clan, having the privilege of playing in Urgent Fury should be prize enough for paying the $25.