How to Lose Weight.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [iLL] Andawg

QUIT EATING YOU FAT S.O.B.!!!!!

How was that? Actually, we at WDA have started our own "Biggest loser" contest. Modeled after NBC's TV show. In total, the guys involved have lost around 80 lbs in a couple months. Not bad considering it's only 5 guys and two aren't into it that much. One of our members owns a gym in Houston and is a trainer. He gives us tips and trys to keep us on course.

What is boils down to, after years of my own yo yo-ing weight, is commitment. How committed are you? Are you willing to do what is necessary to succeed?

You see on every add for the next miracle drug and even old standbys about proper diet and exercise. While these may change per individual, since we're all different, our diets and exercise routines will be different. If you don't commit and actually execute a diet and exercise routine, you won't make any progress.

10 pounds ain't shit!! ;)

What those other guys said is 100% true. If you drink lots of soda and other sugary stuff. Stop. Every spring I give up soda and lose 10-15 pounds within 2 weeks. Switch to a light beer at the same time. Drink lots of water, not vitamin water, or life water, or any of that other crap, just good old fashioned water. Running helps alot, so does riding a bike. If you want faster results, run/ride up lots of hills. I got a great hill in the backyard of the new house that I play on running as soon as the snow stops and it dries up some.

Killafrisco ]

Do what I'm doing work out and eat less. Eat less breads and things like that. Then again what I do might not be good cuz I want to get ready for football.

If your're trying to get ready for football, you NEED ABSOLUTELY NEED to eat carbs. Just no unnecessary sugars. You need to eat whole grain breads, cereals, and pastas to ensure your muscles have proper glycogen stores for the production of new muscle fibers, strength gains, and so your muscles will function properly and at their peak performance capability. Just cut ALL unnecessary sugars and drink lots of water and you'll be good.

Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

Do what I'm doing work out and eat less. Eat less breads and things like that. Then again what I do might not be good cuz I want to get ready for football.

If your're trying to get ready for football, you NEED ABSOLUTELY NEED to eat carbs. Just no unnecessary sugars. You need to eat whole grain breads, cereals, and pastas to ensure your muscles have proper glycogen stores for the production of new muscle fibers, strength gains, and so your muscles will function properly and at their peak performance capability. Just cut ALL unnecessary sugars and drink lots of water and you'll be good.

I need to drop 20lbs thats why I eat bread i'm not right for a linemen or linebacker role I'm tight end material I can block a bit and catch a bit and have a good burst of speed. I'm almost there I'm at 260 an NFL tight end is usually 240-250.

Guest [iLL] Andawg
Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

I need to drop 20lbs thats why I eat bread i'm not right for a linemen or linebacker role I'm tight end material I can block a bit and catch a bit and have a good burst of speed. I'm almost there I'm at 260 an NFL tight end is usually 240-250.

That just made D Happy :-*

Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

IMO stay at 260. If your going to NFL camp, hot summer, your gonna lose some weight for the upcoming season. The main thing is to stay at solid 260, so when you lose some of that weight you wont drop off too much. At 260 as a target weight, you'll be able to block better, and throw your weight around better for those running stretch plays. How tall are you by the way?

MaluNYMets ]

I think the problem i have the most is cravings man... and my schedule sometimes i got to wake up at 6am and go to sleep at like 1-2 am.. feel so tired to work out.

If it's only 10-20 pounds, you don't even need to work out dude. Cut the soda and sugars. Get your heart rate up for about 10 minutes a couple times a day and you'll be good. Just walking a mile will get your heart rate up plenty.

As far as cravings, rice cakes and other low sodium-low sugar snack packs are just fine.

Frisco, Never, ever, ever cut carbs from your diet if you are playing football. Carbs are the rocket fuel an athelte's body needs. D is right on with that one. That cutting carbs diet is the stupidest shit ever thought of. I could see it if you were a big fat slob that lays around all day. Active bodies need carbs. Period.

Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

The average NFL Tight End weighs about 255-275 dude. And they average about 6'3"-6'5"

I'm really good friends with Steve Heiden of the Cleveland Browns, he fits that catagory perfectly. He's pretty lean and has a small gut but by no means is fat.

When I played football as a D-End and then a Mike Linebacker in College my average weight was 245 (linebacker with 7.5% body fat)-265(D-End with about 12% body fat), and I'm 6'3". And I ate carbs like it was my job, averaging close to 700 grams a day during season and spring practices.

Andawg ]
Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

That just made D Happy :-*

I hope you called no homo on that.

Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

If you're trying to get ready for football, you NEED ABSOLUTELY NEED to eat carbs. Just no unnecessary sugars. You need to eat whole grain breads, cereals, and pastas to ensure your muscles have proper glycogen stores for the production of new muscle fibers, strength gains, and so your muscles will function properly and at their peak performance capability. Just cut ALL unnecessary sugars and drink lots of water and you'll be good.

I need to drop 20lbs thats why I eat bread I'm not right for a linemen or linebacker role I'm tight end material I can block a bit and catch a bit and have a good burst of speed. I'm almost there I'm at 260 an NFL tight end is usually 240-250.

The average NFL Tight End weighs about 255-275 dude. And they average about 6'3"-6'5"

I'm really good friends with Steve Heiden of the Cleveland Browns, he fits that category perfectly. He's pretty lean and has a small gut but by no means is fat.

When I played football as a D-End and then a Mike Linebacker in College my average weight was 245 (linebacker with 7.5% body fat)-265(D-End with about 12% body fat), and I'm 6'3". And I ate carbs like it was my job, averaging close to 700 grams a day during season and spring practices.

Yea I want to drop to at least to 255 I'm pushing 6'2. I'm trying to hit the weight of Vernon Davis he's at 253lbs. I know it's harder for a shorter guy to play TE I think I can do it. I have to remeasure my reach.

I'm close I just need to get to 250-255 and stay there build more muscle while losing the weight. I'm gonna go to a vitamin place in hilltop any suggestions on pills or drinks.

Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]
Killafrisco ]

If you're trying to get ready for football, you NEED ABSOLUTELY NEED to eat carbs. Just no unnecessary sugars. You need to eat whole grain breads, cereals, and pastas to ensure your muscles have proper glycogen stores for the production of new muscle fibers, strength gains, and so your muscles will function properly and at their peak performance capability. Just cut ALL unnecessary sugars and drink lots of water and you'll be good.

I need to drop 20lbs thats why I eat bread I'm not right for a linemen or linebacker role I'm tight end material I can block a bit and catch a bit and have a good burst of speed. I'm almost there I'm at 260 an NFL tight end is usually 240-250.

I'm really good friends with Steve Heiden of the Cleveland Browns, he fits that category perfectly. He's pretty lean and has a small gut but by no means is fat.

Yea I want to drop to at least to 255 I'm pushing 6'2. I'm trying to hit the weight of Vernon Davis he's at 253lbs. I know it's harder for a shorter guy to play TE I think I can do it. I have to remeasure my reach.

I'm close I just need to get to 250-255 and stay there build more muscle while losing the weight. I'm gonna go to a vitamin place in hilltop any suggestions on pills or drinks.

lots of suggestions for you, how much are you looking to spend?

What's worked for me in the past, is first, as previously mentioned, give up sodas. Also, I gave up bread, not carbs altogether, just bread. I would also do about 45 minutes on an elliptical machine about 3 times a week, though now I understand that 15 minutes of HIIT is just as effective. Just remember that a safe, healthy rate of weight loss is 2-3 pounds a week.

If you want to see some real motivation, go to http://www.johnstonefitness.com , click pictures and scroll down. Instead of just seeing the before and after pictures, you can see this guy's pictures day by day or week by week. Really cool when you can see the difference from one day to the next.

SQUlD ]

. Just remember that a safe, healthy rate of weight loss is 2-3 pounds a week.

After the first 7-10 days. Most people do not realize how much sugar they consume in a week. Cutting out sodas and other uneeded sugars, the average person will lose 10-15 right away. IF they give up ALL the crap.

It happens to me every year. I hibernate in the winter. I'm not completely active, but I am not as active and tend to eat/drink more sugars. Every spring I stop all that shit and within 2 weeks it's 10-15, then tapering off to normal. I know I shouldn't fluctuate that much, but I HATE THE COLD. I rarely leave my house. And if I don't go to the gym right after work, no way will I go back out.