How to Lose Weight.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda587 ]

lol, the best thing i have found when working out is called No-Explode, its a dietary and workout Supplement. Drink a little on non workout days and it gives you the vitamins you need and gives you energy. You can find it at GNC

bad advice...sorry to bust your bubble dude, but NO-Xplode may have vitamins, but it's not a vitamin supplement, most of the boost you get from NO-Xplode comes from massive amounts of Arginine and enough Caffeine to nearly kill a cow.

But it's great for a pre-workout supplement, it'll increase all of your strength by at least 15-20 pounds.

MaluNYMets ]

Wats some good vitamins. I use megaman.

Megamen Sport Vitapak is THE best thing you can get from any supplement store except for Animal Pak's Universal Vitamin Pak. These 2 are by far the best Vitamin supplements you can buy. Animal Pak is cheaper, but it doesn't have the extras GNC's Megamen Sport Vitapak does, but it also costs $50.

If you want something effective yet simple and relatively cheap, go with One a Day Men's Health Sport and pick up some DHEA make sure you don't take more than 20mg in a day though. DHEA is great for men, it helps reduce Estrogen levels and keeps them down as they increase over time as men age, it helps reduce Cortisol in the body which is the hormone that causes weight gain, and DHEA also increased muscle usage, helps build new fibers, and will increase the effectiveness of your cardiovascular and respiratory systems. There's no downside to DHEA other than that in high doses (of 50mg or more in a day) it can act a Steroid in that it stops your pituitary from producing natural Testosterone. So like I said keep the DHEA under 20 mg a day and you'll be fine.

Different vitamins and vitamins compositions help the male body in different ways at different ages. It's good to take a blanket multi-vitamin, but as you age and depending on your body type your vitamin and mineral needs change. One a Day Men's Health Sport covers most of your needs.

If you wanna lose fat/weight while sparing muscle heres a few tips

-Stick to low-glycemic carbs (they will not spike insulin, or convert to fat as quikly as high glycemic carbs)

-Eat smaller meals more frequently. (an apple goes a long way compared to doritos)

-try to get protein in every meal. (your exercising, you need that protein to maintain/build muscle mass)

-Healthy fats will actually help you burn fat (Nuts, healthy oils, fish/oils,)

-WATER WATER WATER. It is the greatest thing you can consume, it boosts metabolism, makes you feel full, cleanses, and ensures your body is working effectively/efficiently, and it has no calories......

-Dont skip the cardio, 3-4 30-40 min sessions a week is often sufficient. (for me)

Good forms of cardio (that are fairly functional)

-swimming

-jogging

-skipping

-punching bag

-brisk walk.

Deutscher75 ]
Honda587 ]

lol, the best thing i have found when working out is called No-Explode, its a dietary and workout Supplement. Drink a little on non workout days and it gives you the vitamins you need and gives you energy. You can find it at GNC

bad advice...sorry to bust your bubble dude, but NO-Xplode may have vitamins, but it's not a vitamin supplement, most of the boost you get from NO-Xplode comes from massive amounts of Arginine and enough Caffeine to nearly kill a cow.

But it's great for a pre-workout supplement, it'll increase all of your strength by at least 15-20 pounds.

I agree with D.

N.O Xplode tastes like shit, but it kicks ass preworkout.

I personally prefer Universal Nutrition's SHOCK THERAPY,, for preworkout...

As well as all of UNIVERSAL's products....ANIMAL!!!

Killafrisco ]
Deutscher75 ]

It's EAS (Energy Athletics Strength) yes it works, they have good protein too, you can pick up a 7 pound bag of the stuff from Sam's Club for 30 bucks. Good stuff.

Bag I thought it was an already made drink hmmm.

they do have MTD's but they're much more expensive, the only purpose to the MTD's is for convenience when you can't mix something up. Get the bag and a mixer, when you want a shake drop 12 ounces of water in the mixer and shake that shit up with 2 scoops of the bagged protein. Trust me it's worth it.

And it does taste pretty good Mets, then again I've been doing the protein mix thing for years and so my taste buds have adjusted to the stuff. takes a little to get used to but if you drop a tablespoon of Ovaltine or Nesquick in with it, should taste just fine.

My greatest results have come with a workout routine I modified to fit me and stacking the right Animal products. I'm about trying and seeing what works and what doesnt work. Everyone here has great suggestions for things that work for them. We're all different. Supplements work differently for all us. Just get in there and find the right balance.

http://www.animalpak.com

The Animals Owner Manual is a real good read too.

Deutscher75 ]

It's EAS (Energy Athletics Strength) yes it works, they have good protein too, you can pick up a 7 pound bag of the stuff from Sam's Club for 30 bucks. Good stuff.

Do you do this as a meal replacement??

Also I'm trying to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. I have changed my diet but I haven't started any kind of supplements. I've been doing this for 3 weeks and have only lost 16lbs and really haven't seen much change. My cal intake is about 2000-2500 and around 150grams of protine. Is this okay or do I need more protine?? I think my diet is okay but I just haven't seen the change that I wanted. I go to the gym 6 days a week with 3 workouts and 3 cardio. I switch up my work outs between upper and lower body. One week I work upper 2 times and the next I do lower 2 times. I think that I'm doing go work outs because I sweat like crazy and my weights are more now then when I started. So give me a few opinions.

Can I just get a section on the UF forums to help everyone out with diet, exercise, and nutrition tips?

I'd stay dedicated to it and would help everyone that came for info!

PRIMEMEAT ]

Also I'm trying to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. I have changed my diet but I haven't started any kind of supplements. I've been doing this for 3 weeks and have only lost 16lbs and really haven't seen much change. My cal intake is about 2000-2500 and around 150grams of protine. Is this okay or do I need more protine?? I think my diet is okay but I just haven't seen the change that I wanted. I go to the gym 6 days a week with 3 workouts and 3 cardio. I switch up my work outs between upper and lower body. One week I work upper 2 times and the next I do lower 2 times. I think that I'm doing go work outs because I sweat like crazy and my weights are more now then when I started. So give me a few opinions.

hey prime PM me and I'll help you bro, you've got a damn good start for 3 weeks into it. I'll get you where you want to go and in the best possible manner!

Deutscher75 ]

Can I just get a section on the UF forums to help everyone out with diet, exercise, and nutrition tips?

I'd stay dedicated to it and would help everyone that came for info!

PRIMEMEAT ]

hey prime PM me and I'll help you bro, you've got a damn good start for 3 weeks into it. I'll get you where you want to go and in the best possible manner!

He has always given me good advice.

Snake Doctor ]

My greatest results have come with a workout routine I modified to fit me and stacking the right Animal products. I'm about trying and seeing what works and what doesnt work. Everyone here has great suggestions for things that work for them. We're all different. Supplements work differently for all us. Just get in there and find the right balance.

Good shit SNAKE! a fellow ANIMAL. I have tried products from several different companies with varying degrees of success. Universal's ANIMAL line is hands down the best (for me and my goals).

Products I have used

ANIMAL PAK- always (year round)

ANIMAL FLEX- always

ANIMAL NITRO- almost always

ANIMAL CUTS- 1 cycle (lost a lot of bodyfat!)

UNIVERSAL SHOCK THERAPY- 1 tub, but will DEFINITELY use again in the future.(The greatest Preworkout drink I have ever tried)

P.S Snake are you registered on their FORVM? my username is MAXGYVER.

Animal Pak is the shit! I had a sponsorship with them when I had my procard! I still use some of their products.

Max I forgot to tell you this but that training split you sent me couple months back, I've been using it to rebuild my base and dude it's fucking awesome. I puked on Monday though after going too hard :-\ thought i could handle it, but wasn't quite able to push it.

MAXIMUS666 ]
Snake Doctor ]

My greatest results have come with a workout routine I modified to fit me and stacking the right Animal products. I'm about trying and seeing what works and what doesn't work. Everyone here has great suggestions for things that work for them. We're all different. Supplements work differently for all us. Just get in there and find the right balance.

Good shit SNAKE! a fellow ANIMAL. I have tried products from several different companies with varying degrees of success. Universal's ANIMAL line is hands down the best (for me and my goals).

Products I have used

ANIMAL FLEX- always

UNIVERSAL SHOCK THERAPY- 1 tub, but will DEFINITELY use again in the future.(The greatest Preworkout drink I have ever tried)

No I'm not on their FORVM? I probably should be though.

My stack consisted of (I've been off of it and out of the gym for over 6 months now) Animal Pak, Animal Flex, Animal Pump, Animal Cuts, Animal Nitro, and ZMA Pro.

I didn't notice much difference when using Flex. I absolutely recommend Animal Pak, Animal Pump, and Animal Nitro. Animal Cuts works good but not 100% sure if its necessary if you've got the stamina to complete a 3 hours workout including your cardio. I've had both ACL's reconstructed so I thought Flex would be what I needed. I still felt pain in knees and as my lifts jumped in weight I felt aching in my elbows and shoulders (old football injuries flaring up). I did however notice when, over 4 months, my body fat dropped 13% (4% in the first month), I added 1 1/4 inches to my arms, and my bench jumped 55 lbs. I noticed it else where too, like my endurance and recovery times, but those three were the biggest areas. I also give credit to my self modified workout program for the jump in my bench.

Now I'm at a point where I cant get those BIG ASS capsules down so I'm searching for powders and/or liquids. I see they have Animal Max out now. Have you or Deutscher ever tried it?

Other than Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard it honestly is the only other protein supplement I'll ever use. It's really top notch especially in it's formulation to work with the body for maximum effect. I usually use Optimum Nutrition though because it has more bio-available amino acids and more glutamine per serving.

Animal Max is good stuff it's just expensive, if you want the most bang for your buck, go to discountanabolics.com and order a 10.5 lb. bag for $70, other than Sam's Club's $30 deal on the 7 lb. EAS bag of protein. (Not the best because it uses filler protein like Gelatin)

Also, Snake if you're looking for good solid supplements to rejuvenate your body, go check out Revitalabs.com they only have 5 supplements, 1 of which is a fat burner/controller. I've used the other 4, their Revitatropin and Revitatropin PM along with Revita T is awesome. An even better stack would be Revita Chia, Revita-T, and Revitatropin PM.

Deutscher75 ]

Animal Pak is the shit! I had a sponsorship with them when I had my procard! I still use some of their products.

Max I forgot to tell you this but that training split you sent me couple months back, I've been using it to rebuild my base and dude it's fucking awesome. I puked on Monday though after going too hard :-\ thought i could handle it, but wasn't quite able to push it.

LMAO!

I told you to use "light weight" lol. I since have moved on to traditional bb movements to get my ass lookin good for the summer (mass wise) I believ the program I sent you is the best I have used for athleticism/conditioning, and will go back to it after this 2 month mass phase im on now...

See I dont mind the price so much because I can find it cheaper at a1supplements.com. The problem I have is the size. They only offer the 2.2 lb canister. Met-Rx at least offers a 5 lb canister. My nutrionalist actually recommended Optimum Gold. I'll look into it. I'm the type of guy who's loyal to brands I know work so sometimes its hard to convince myself to look elsewhere.

In talking to my Ortho guy it looks like my next step will be this procedure of injecting a gel directly into my knees. It appraently fills the gaps and can last up to 10 years. The down side is that its a five step process and its a big ass needle directly into the knee while your awake and being asked to hold perfectly still. :o

Snake Doctor ]
MAXIMUS666 ]
Snake Doctor ]

My greatest results have come with a workout routine I modified to fit me and stacking the right Animal products. I'm about trying and seeing what works and what doesn't work. Everyone here has great suggestions for things that work for them. We're all different. Supplements work differently for all us. Just get in there and find the right balance.

Products I have used

ANIMAL FLEX- always

No I'm not on their FORVM? I probably should be though.

My stack consisted of (I've been off of it and out of the gym for over 6 months now) Animal Pak, Animal Flex, Animal Pump, Animal Cuts, Animal Nitro, and ZMA Pro.

I didn't notice much difference when using Flex. I absolutely recommend Animal Pak, Animal Pump, and Animal Nitro. Animal Cuts works good but not 100% sure if its necessary if you've got the stamina to complete a 3 hours workout including your cardio. I've had both ACL's reconstructed so I thought Flex would be what I needed. I still felt pain in knees and as my lifts jumped in weight I felt aching in my elbows and shoulders (old football injuries flaring up). I did however notice when, over 4 months, my body fat dropped 13% (4% in the first month), I added 1 1/4 inches to my arms, and my bench jumped 55 lbs. I noticed it else where too, like my endurance and recovery times, but those three were the biggest areas. I also give credit to my self modified workout program for the jump in my bench.

Now I'm at a point where I cant get those BIG ASS capsules down so I'm searching for powders and/or liquids. I see they have Animal Max out now. Have you or Deutscher ever tried it?

Their FORVM is filled with a lot of good advice/people. As far as FLEX goes how long have you used it for? It took me about a can and a half befor I noticed a change in my knees, and after the second cn my shoulder got a LOT better. But not all supps have the same effect on people.. keep trainin' bro hard and heavy!