Rumor: Call of Duty 5 Details Leaked/Already Playable

Honestly I preferred the WWII theme of Call of Duty, so I'm excited for the next one if that's the case. Even if it's not I'm still excited for it, I just don't know how much quality it's going to have compared to CoD4 with being developed by a different company. I think Infinity Ward to a damn good job with the production of CoD4 and should have maintained the development role, even if the game is going back to it's WWII theme. I think part of this shift back to the WWII theme is because with the release of SOCOM and all the other present day military shooters that are out, CoD will be the only different themed game with the same type of Shooter feel. WWII really gives CoD it's defining factor and always has. I'm excited for a playable demo in the near future, I'll keep my fingers crossed but in the meantime I'm looking forward to Confrontation still.

This makes no sense to me. It shows that the industry just doesn't listen to their consumer. They have by far there BIGGEST sales year and they say screw it we are going back to the way things were. That is just asinine. If they DO go back to WWII BS I will NOT be purchasing this game. I don't want to go backwards but forwards. I may enjoy history but I would rather be able to play with guns that are more advanced then an old Kalashnikov. Looks like Zipper isn't the only ones screwing things up.

I agree its very dissapointing if true. The way I understand it is they want to pump a new CoD out every year. Treyarch or whatever there called put out the first Cod then Infinity Ward did Cod2, then Treyarch did 3 and IW did 4 and now while IW works on the 6th Treyarch has probably been working on the 5th before the huge success of the 4th in modern times. Personally WW2 has been done to death in my opinion. But as someone said everything is just a filler until Confrontation comes out.

BigMoneyNacku ]

You guys are missing the one huge upside to this. NO GL's!!! :D

This is true. COD3 was a fun shooter outside the MAJOR errors like no mic support! Hopefully they can keep the game play fun factor and just add the online features that most shooters should have for online play.

Article posted today at IGN.com:

Activision Reveals Call of Duty Plans

Next game in franchise on six platforms, will feature new setting.

by Jimmy Thang

May 8, 2008 - The next Call of Duty will arrive across six different systems before the end of Activision's fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2009, and will feature a "new military theater," according to Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith. The undisclosed new setting will try to capitalize on the massive success of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare which, according to an Activision earnings call, has doubled the install base of the franchise ever since the company took the series out of World War II. Next-Gen.biz reports that the next installment of the best selling first person shooter will appear on the DS, PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360 platforms.

No word on whether Infinity Ward, the developer of Call of Duty 1, 2, and 4 will develop the game. Up until recently the next Call of Duty was speculated to be developed by Treyarch, the developer responsible for Call of Duty 3, and was rumored to once again take place during WW II. The rumor surfaced when Treyarch looked for a new company position:

"Working experience with First-Person Shooter or Third-Person Shooter genres (console or PC). And if you're a fan of World War 2 shooters, then even better!"

The December job posting has since been taken down. IGN has contacted Activision for clarification, but so far no representative was available for comment. More on the story as it develops.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872797p1.html

Well, we know that there ARE fans of the 1st person shooter out there, and CoD4 was a good treat for them.

UF took a LOT of time to develop tourneys for this title. It would be a waste to see all the hard work tank because the series may go back to WWII.

As for as UF is concerned, as long as it stays "modern" and there is a player base here at UF, then we will continue to develop tourneys for it. I do not foresee us doing this, however, if it goes back to outdated warfare.