Practicing with your clan

We typically have practice twice a week and we schedule them for the night prior to a war. Then we do a walk through the night of the war. Our practices, depedning on how much we need to work on, will be divided into two parts. One will be just clan members. The second will be either us against our allies or us against a random clan. This allows us to put our tactics to use in real time battle and make any adjustments needed.

As far as mandatory practices go, that all depends on what type of people you have in your clan.

If you've got the type of people who understand the meaning of comittment then you schedule a practice at least twice a week (preferably the night prior to a war) and they'll show up on their own with good numbers.

If you find yourself having to make it mandatory then you've got the type of people classified as "INDIVIDUALS". They do things their way when they want. They'll show up because they want to stay in the clan but you'll never get 100% teamwork out of them. These are the people I assign to be cannon fodder.

well we have started to prac again.. we have not done this since about the time of PoW4... and the socom days.. but we have always had Fri and Sat nights our practice nights.. more often then not both nights would be the same stuff.. those who made both nights had it crammed into their brains.. those who could only make one night.. got one good night of info.. we also have most of the nights important info posted in our 503 Only Strat section of our forum. With the ass kickin we just took in Crucible 2.. we are now also practicing during what would be match times... during weeknights. So we hope that this re-found practice time will help us out.. also.. we have maps w/ nav points.. i have attached one for an example.. this really helps call out where you are.. but now i just gave all one more way to stomp on 503.. lol

pipelineM.jpg

How are you guys doing this?

We usually only practive during tournaments such as UF. I try to make sure our officers, have some type of game plans going into a scheduled war. Then we will do a quick walkthrough with all players of who should be where, and then play a few quick scrimmages with the rest of the clan

Does your clan have a scheduled night for this?

Normally, we will do it around an hour before the war..... kind of last minute

And then do you make it Mandatory and Strict that people show up?

Not too strict about if you show up or not. We normally give priority to the guys who show up and practice.

Help me with some ideas so we can get our act together.

I believe you should let everyone play to their own strengths. If you have a guy who can run n gun and get massive amounts of kills, then let him do that. But know where he is at when he goes down. Same goes for all different styles of players. Communication is the key.

We are going through some of the same situations as you guys. I am currently re-organizing our Chain of Command. We are by no means a tactical clan. We are really trying to focus on better communication, knowing where you team mates are at all times, and playing as team. So far it has been very successful. And we are getting more organized. One thing I will stress is: DO NOT TAKE THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME! You will lose good players that way.

95% of our members are over the age of 30 yrs old, and like to play with a good bunch of guys, and have fun doing it. But also win. We have had so many people/clans compliment us because when are a fun to play for and play against. But also win most of our matches.

There are too many clans out there, that take the game way too serious (trying not to offend anyone). I've seen so many clans do nothing but camp in their spawns, and call that tactical..... explain how fun is that? (again not trying to offend anyone) I would rather lose and have fun playing the game than sitting in the spawn waiting on those 1 or 2 kills. I always thought playing games whether it be hop-scotch, basketball, golf or gaming, you were supposed to have fun? (LOL.....I said hop-scotch) If camping is fun, then by all means have fun.

MarauderHD, you are more than welcome to send me a PSN invite and we can talk more. We are going through some of the same issues you are, and are finally getting our head above water.

Guys, my intentions are not to turn this into a debate.