Buying Car - Infiniti G35x. Problem..

So im looking to buy a g35x. I gave a deposit that is refundable at Ramsey Infiniti in NJ. I found a better deal at Infiniti in Englewood NJ. They wont give me my money back now. Saying its not refundable. Even though it clearly says on teh paper.. REFUNDABLE. What should I do? I called my credit card company to cancel the transaction. By the way what do you guys think?

G35x

Sports Package

Premium Package

Navigation Package

All for 37,000. Only thing extra taxes.

This guy at ramsey offered me a car that has 1,000 miles on it for 37900. with all that stuff. Englewood offered me a brand new one.

Also anyone know when a car is officially used? Isnt it at 500 miles?

For sure, if you have the paper, then they have to do it, unless there is fine print you didn't see. :o

As far as what do I think? I like the g35. It's a nice looking car. But if I had 37000 to spend on a new ride, I'd go with a 3 series geeked out, or a 5 series BMW. Hell maybe even one of the new 1-series. However, I am obsessed with BMW's. I own three, well I'm trying to sell one of them, but I'm trying to buy another one. ;D

I never buy new. The money you lose the minute you drive it off the lot is stupid. You can always find a great deal on something with 10,000 miles that is still sick. Still under factory warranty and extra cash to put feet on it or whatever.

Well my wife has a new caliber, because she has never owned a car from the get go, so she got what she wanted. I really felt ripped off though. :(

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

when does a car become used? good question. i do not know exactly how things work nowadays, but i dated a girl for a while whose dad owned a car dealwership, and she drove new cars all the time. when i asked here why she was always changing, she said her dad would only let her put 2500-3000 miles on a new vehicle, or it would have to go to the used lot. this may not be accurate, but that was what i was once told.

one other thing...i have bought and sold a LOT of new cars in the last 3 years, and i learned quick that the dealership needs you, you do not need them. do a lot of shopping, and a lot of research. sometimes your local dealership is not the best option, just the closest. also, EVERY car dealer will fill you full of b.s. so pay close attention and read everything!!! about your deposit, buy an attorney lunch, then have him stop in with you to ask for your money back, paperwork in hand. nothing bothers a salesman like an attorney!!

xPUDDYTATx ]

buy an attorney lunch, then have him stop in with you to ask for your money back, paperwork in hand. nothing bothers a salesman like an attorney!!

I like that! ;D

I say speak with the sales manager. Ask him why his salesman did not have the authority to keep you as a customer and give you a better deal than the guy down the street... Then tell em you want 2500 of the top, you will continue to shop with him in the future OR you will head to your local news station with a copy of your return cash guarantee to see if your editor friend would take some interest in the matter...

xPUDDYTATx ]

when does a car become used? good question. i do not know exactly how things work nowadays, but i dated a girl for a while whose dad owned a car dealwership, and she drove new cars all the time. when i asked here why she was always changing, she said her dad would only let her put 2500-3000 miles on a new vehicle, or it would have to go to the used lot. this may not be accurate, but that was what i was once told.

one other thing...i have bought and sold a LOT of new cars in the last 3 years, and i learned quick that the dealership needs you, you do not need them. do a lot of shopping, and a lot of research. sometimes your local dealership is not the best option, just the closest. also, EVERY car dealer will fill you full of b.s. so pay close attention and read everything!!! about your deposit, buy an attorney lunch, then have him stop in with you to ask for your money back, paperwork in hand. nothing bothers a salesman like an attorney!!

I know what you mean brother man. For the same car at my local dealership. (Pepe Infiniti White Plains NY) He offered me the same car I am being offered for 43,000 final price lol. Thats why I payed toll and went to NJ lol.

• Directors

I had a similar problem back when buying a bike. I put a refundable 1000 down at honda then got a better price at a yamaha dealer. When i returned to the honda dealer for a refund, they flat out refused. Because i used Visa, and Visa was satisfied that I never received goods for credit used, they refunded me 100% and charge-backed the honda dealer.

You got to remember that the economy is killing the car dealers too, and that they are dangerously hungry. Use that to your advantage ;)

• Directors
xPUDDYTATx ]

Yeah, im pretty sure its 3500 miles, but I think if the car was a 'program car,' its 5000. Its all tax related.