WTF does Veritas mean?

Straight from the Wiki:

In Roman mythology, Veritas (meaning truth) was the goddess of truth, a daughter of Saturn and the mother of Virtue. It was believed that she hid in the bottom of a holy well because she was so elusive. Her image is shown as a young virgin dressed in white.[1] Veritas is also the name given to the Roman virtue of truthfulness, which was considered one of the main virtues any good Roman should have possessed. In Greek mythology, Veritas was known as Aletheia. The word now appears in many University mottos; most notably, it is included in Yale University's motto Lux et Veritas (Light and Truth). Veritas is also the motto of Harvard University, the Dominican Order of the Roman Catholic Church, and Providence College which is run by the Dominicans. It is also used in the phrase in vino veritas, meaning "In wine, truth".

Do you watch Smallville? That's where I heard it.

Bingo, that's why I wanted to know. Veritas is the secret order of the Traveler. I just finished watching the season finale and that's why i wanted to know.

Thanks Puddy and Snake, I appreciate the help! and the definition especially, it puts some things in perspective for me.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Deutscher75 ]

Bingo, that's why I wanted to know. Veritas is the secret order of the Traveler. I just finished watching the season finale and that's why i wanted to know.

Thanks Puddy and Snake, I appreciate the help! and the definition especially, it puts some things in perspective for me.

my turn to ask a question...smallville is the first place you have ever heard the word veritas?

Guest NEO-X
Chili-Palmer ]

I was going to say the same thing.

Boondock Saints is the shit.!

The brothers' hands tattooed with Veritas (Truth) and Aequitas (Justice).

Movie_poster_the_boondock_saints.jpg

indeed... awesome.fucking.movie

xPUDDYTATx ]
Deutscher75 ]

my turn to ask a question...smallville is the first place you have ever heard the word veritas?

No I've heard it before, long ago when I was a child back in Germany, but I've never had to equate it's definition to anything before.

Deutscher75 ]

I know it's Latin, but for some reason I can't find it's meaning. i need more than just the meaning of the word, is there a definition to the word?

Yeah man im a HUGE smallville fan too. Vertas means truth. It was the name they used to keep the truth from coming out about the travelor. Obviously one by one mostly all the members were killed.

Deutscher75 ]

what the hell is the name of that movie your sig is from Saint? I really wanted to see that movie but don't remember the name of it.

I feel like your being sarcastic.. especially w/ all the refs in the above posts.. but just in case , Boondock Saints.. great movie.. anyone who hasnt seen it owes it to them self to watch it.

Chili-Palmer ]
Deutscher75 ]

Never seen it, I'll pick it up at Blockbuster while I'm out running errands later and I'll let you know what I think.

Yer gonna wish you were Irish instead of German. :-*

Lucky me, I am part Irish.

German, Austrian, Swiss, Czech, Polish, Welsh, English, Irish, Scottish. And I'm a born Jew that was baptized Lutheran at the age of 7 (don't ask cause I don't know, lol) and I don't practice either religion, I have my own opinions on God (who I do believe in).