UF3 SHUT DOWN

Due to the VERY ugly events today/tonight caused mainly by members of OGC and BD, Sniper and I took the initiative in shutting down the UF3 tourney. It's unfortunate, but the BS involving these clans had gone too far. After posting up a plea for a new attitude on these forums, members of these two clans ignored it and spammed and ridiculed/insulted this forum the entire evening, and it forced Sniper's and my hands. Any member of a clan that joined in on the debauchery started by these two groups were also deleted, as well as the rest of their clan.

Sniper and I are VERY focused in putting the respect-each-other factor back into these forums.

We could go on and on about what they did, but we won't. They're gone and deserve no more of our time.

For those wondering what will happen from here, I'll break it down for you.

> UF3 has officially ended prematurely. There will be no winner declared. For a 30-week and going tourney, that is indeed truly sad.

> UF: Black II will still occur. Sniper and I will still have 6ravity focus on that portion of the admin duties.

> Sniper and I will take this time to finalize and re-focus our best attempts at the last stages of UF4: Prisoner of War. With the game play devised for this one, we are predicting it will be the SHORTEST running "main" UF tourney to date. Sign ups for UF4 will not happen until AFTER UF: Black II has finished.

> Sniper and I have been discussing, at length for about 1-2 months now, the addition of two new admins to the UF machine, and the two new admins will be chosen from two different clans from the UF community. This will help deter any possible accusations of "evil dictators" and admin wrong doings....which we still find amazing and unfounded.

> Sniper and I will be carefully watching the forums from here on out to make certain that the rules we've set up for forum visitation and posting use are adhered to. The flame wars and insults should stop here. And they will. This can be a GREAT community, and we think it already is....but a large part of it depends on how the members of this forum carry themselves.

Thank you all for your patience.

Sniper and I will continue to do our best to make sure your UF experience is one to remember, to enjoy, and to pass along to others that you come across in Socom.

We will ALWAYS do our best.

Thank you.

The Urgent Fury creators.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Thats unfortunate, but I see brighter sky's ahead on the horizon and I know UF community will just become stronger than ever. Also with UF BLACK about to start I know there is a bunch of clans about have some kick ass fun!! I know you guys did what you had to do for the better of the UF community, and to also keep the integrity of UF untarnished. I personally stand behind your decision 100% ....Bravo! guys, and thank you! for bringing us the best damn tournament in SOCOM, that we all love to play!

Thank You Admins,

I know this is disappointing for the few remaining clans. But the action to ensure the fundamental ideals here is very much appreciated by the entirety of the community I am sure. On a "glass half full" view it would make a great addition to the next UF story line of sorts.

Uncle

I cant believe, after my boys teling me of "the greatest tourney"........

I actually stressed getting home......stressed doing the right things gamewise.....following all your rules.......to have it end with this........wow.....as in the movie.......you now have pissed off the wrong Marine.

I lost time with this.....i will get it back. I am sorry first and foremost to my boys at KO who gave their time and of whom i helped believe this was the greatest contest around for SOCOM.

I dont really know of underlying problems. But i do know the truth will ever be distorted.......and for that i apologize too. "Shutting it down" is the most pussy way of doing this......seeing their are folks who did nothing.

I gots lots more hate......lotsa anger at the WORST tourney i have ever been in as of now..........

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

All I can say is that its sad a few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch.

I guess BD, OGC, and all the other haters got what they wanted.... whatever.

Let it be known the APC is pissed, to an extreme, and is coming back in UF4 with a fucking vengence to kill.

The beast has been disturbed....very very disturbed.

Swift

And that was me venting.................i did so without seeking any other KO member's opinion on the matter.....this is just me as a leader here saying you really f'ed this up, and i want my time back........

RAISTLIN<-------

You can have all the time you like now as your account will be banned.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

I cant believe, after my boys teling me of "the greatest tourney"........

I actually stressed getting home......stressed doing the right things gamewise.....following all your rules.......to have it end with this........wow.....as in the movie.......you now have pissed off the wrong Marine.

I lost time with this.....i will get it back.  I am sorry first and foremost to my boys at KO who gave their time and of whom i helped believe this was the greatest contest around for SOCOM.

I dont really know of underlying problems.  But i do know the truth will ever be distorted.......and for that i apologize too.  "Shutting it down" is the most pussy way of doing this......seeing their are folks who did nothing.

I gots lots more hate......lotsa anger at the WORST tourney i have ever been in as of now..........

You have to look at the brighter side of things bro, for instance you had FUN when it was going on..didn't you? Obviously you did other wise you would not have been rushing home to join in the FUN! It was almost to the end anyways, and I mean you only had one city left bro, where you planning on a win streak after 30 weeks? I mean anythings possible but...com'on man.

• Directors

Well, I've always said that these Clans who seem to think that UF should be configured to their expectations, should stop for a moment & thank Tow & Sniper. Thank them for all of the free exposure their clan has received from UF & because of UF. Not the other way around, mind you.

And for all of the hard work they've put into every little corner of the UF universe.

There have been mistakes, no question. But if any of you out there who constantly complain, and who attack the Admins with accusations about their integrity, really think you can run your own Socom Community as well or better...then go do it.

It's like some bizarre Socom Co-Dependant relationship. If UF (and it's Administration) sucks, then why stay? Easy....Because you really don't have anything else going for you. I mean, if I felt like APC (or anybody else) was playing "dirty pool" I'd yank my guys outta' here...quick. It's one thing, if you disagree with the way things operate, but attacking these guys because you disagree with the decisions they make in regard to THEIR tournament community is BS.

I'm glad Rogue 7 / DEVGRU is still a part of UF, and UF is where we'll stay.

For the rest of you....if you don't like the song...get off the dance floor.

• Directors
H.A.V.0.C ]

You have to look at the brighter side of things bro, for instance you had FUN when it was going on..didn't you? Obviously you did other wise you would not have been rushing home to join in the FUN! It was almost to the end anyways, and I mean you only had one city left bro, where you planning on a win streak after 30 weeks? I mean anythings possible but...com'on man.

I find the second half of your comment offensive. This is again a post you have no business in.

Swifthawk ]

All I can say is that its sad a few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch.

I guess BD, OGC, and all the other haters got what they wanted.... whatever.

Let it be known the APC is pissed, to an extreme, and is coming back in UF4 with a fucking vengence to kill.

The beast has been disturbed....very very disturbed.

Swift

lol..

H.A.V.0.C ]

Thats unfortunate, but I see brighter sky's ahead on the horizon and I know UF community will just become stronger than ever. Also with UF BLACK about to start I know there is a bunch of clans about have some kick ass fun!! I know you guys did what you had to do for the better of the UF community, and to also keep the integrity of UF untarnished. I personally stand behind your decision 100% ....Bravo! guys, and thank you! for bringing us the best damn tournament in SOCOM, that we all love to play!

Nice post!

I agree..

• Directors
SaDIST ]

This is again a post you have no business in.

Sadist,

That's where you're wrong already. We all have business here. He (Havoc) IS a Clan Rep, so he actually has more business here, than someone who isn't a Clan Rep.

This whole thing has become so childish & stupid because everybody wants it "their way".

I don't understand why people want to fight so badly.

If I had an awesome swimming pool, and everybody wanted to come & swim in MY swimming pool, and I tried to be selective when I invited the people I wanted to swim in MY swimming pool, and they came and swam in MY swimming pool, and then decided they didn't like the way I have MY swimming pool set up. That wouldn't make it THEIR swimming pool.

Do you understand what I'm getting at here?

I've said it before....we're all just a bunch of assholes trying to fit into the same pants.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
X_VIP3R_X ]
SaDIST ]

This is again a post you have no business in.

Sadist' date='

That's where you're wrong already. We all have business here. He (Havoc) [i']IS[/i] a Clan Rep, so he actually has more business here, than someone who isn't a Clan Rep.

This whole thing has become so childish & stupid because everybody wants it "their way".

I don't understand why people want to fight so badly.

If I had an awesome swimming pool, and everybody wanted to come & swim in MY swimming pool, and I tried to be selective when I invited the people I wanted to swim in MY swimming pool, and they came and swam in MY swimming pool, and then decided they didn't like the way I have MY swimming pool set up. That wouldn't make it THEIR swimming pool.

Do you understand what I'm getting at here?

I've said it before....we're all just a bunch of assholes trying to fit into the same pants.

Nuff said! ;)