UF3 SHUT DOWN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well............at the risk of having my account deleted, I have something to say.

I typed for about an hour............deleted the post, and STILL have something to say.

Unfortunately I can't find a way to be diplomatic enough to post on this subject and I am not going to risk getting booted out of my clan to tune up a few assholes.

So you get a free pass FOR NOW. I'll run into you in a pubby room, and I don't forget shit.

It's sad to see such a great tournament go down like this.. But I was expecting something like this to happen. The tension between the clans was ridiculous, the wars went from fun and exciting to extremely boring. I saw no end in sight for this tournament. I was at nearly every single one of SOTG's wars in this tournament and after week 15, it started to get old and way to repetitive.

This is from my experience in UF3 and hope you take this constructively. I hope one day to get SOTG back in UF.

Thanks,

SOTG Zero

guys it's over, end of story. For those unhappy with this, move on. It was a tourney for competition, honor, and FUN. We found alot of repectable clans in this tourney that I am sure we will see again, we also found a few that wherent so enjoyable to be around. All in all I think this was a good decision as we can now get something new going with the people who actually appreciate a fair and fun tourney that has weeded out the bad seeds.

Hi Everyone, Sounds Like I missed the action! Yet, I'm not found of hostility...

Let me say! I think UF is the greatest tourney, thanks Admins for putting in so much time to create a Strategic Playground for all SocoM Lovers to Enjoy!

Sorry UF Members for others disgracing your Participation in UF3

Congrats to \H/ in UF Black!

Congrats and Thanks to the particpants of Lori's Watch!

Best of Luck to all in UF Black II!

And See you guys online this weekend!

Battle on, nikita

Hi Everyone, Sounds Like I missed the action! Yet, I'm not found of hostility...

Let me say! I think UF is the greatest tourney, thanks Admins for putting in so much time to create a Strategic Playground for all SocoM Lovers to Enjoy!

Sorry UF Members for others disgracing your Participation in UF3

Congrats to \H/ in UF Black!

Congrats and Thanks to the particpants of Lori's Watch!

Best of Luck to all in UF Black II!

And See you guys online this weekend!

Thank you Nikita  ;)

I thought I seen a post on these forums that the bashing would stop ?  Why are people still bashing each other?  Get over it or get the fuck out of here. We (Participants) are all tired of hearing this shit over and over...I hear it enough from my wife let alone read it here on these forums.

It's sad to see such a great tournament go down like this.. But I was expecting something like this to happen. The tension between the clans was ridiculous, the wars went from fun and exciting to extremely boring. I saw no end in sight for this tournament. I was at nearly every single one of SOTG's wars in this tournament and after week 15, it started to get old and way to repetitive.

This is from my experience in UF3 and hope you take this constructively. I hope one day to get SOTG back in UF.

Thanks,

SOTG Zero

Naw, we'll always take constructive criticism, Zero.....as long as it's not laced with sarcasm and jabs, which some people just COULDN'T seem to do.

But we appreciate the remarks.

You should check out the UF4 thread put up today in the pubby section explaining that UF for will ONLY last no MORE than 13 weeks.

That should make MANY clans out there VERY happy.

Guest [APC] 6ravity

"I actually stressed getting home......stressed doing the right things gamewise.....following all your rules.......to have it end with this"

"KO who gave their time"

"seeing their are folks who did nothing."

First of all, I read you were a marine. I'd like to thank you for your service to our country.

As for the rest of your post. It's absolute selfish garbage. You and your clan are not the only ones who rushed home, cancelled plans, pissed off loved ones and spent many a night indoors playing a video game so that you could have a good honest time online.

Every single gunner who played in this tournament sacrificed time... and what I get from your post is that your time is somehow worth more than others who were doing the exact same thing... and probably warred more, as KO has been down to one city for a good portion of the tournament.

I am extremely saddened that the hours upon hours of work in which I prepared my clan for wars, attended meetings and practices has all essentially gone to waste. Since it was my clan who led UF3 from wire to wire... I dare say I know all about time lost because of this decision.

If you'd like to thank someone for this... look to members of those clans which threw a big temper tantrum for the last month, recruiting UF clans for outside events, badmouthing this tourney and it's admins, with complete disregard for the gratitude which should be shownn for a completely free event in which they chose to participate.

This Socom gaming arena isn't going anywhere... and it IS indeed the best place to play, whether you'd like to admit it or not. So get angry all you like, but don't expect much sympathy from someone who has sacrificed as much as anyone for their clan and their clan's chances at doing well in UF3.

Unfortunate as the final outcome of UF3 is, I think for the clans that participated and played with a perhaps different set of values it was still very much a success.

It was at the foremost ideal in the desire for my clan PBK to participate here that we gain the opportunity to meet other individuals as well as their corresponding clans that tend to hold to a different ideal of what a winner is and perceive honor to be more important then a position in a tournament. Notwithstanding the esteem of placing highly in a game of competition and the rewards it brings, we sought to be involved with players that put more emphases on the way they play then the final outcome.

During the course of our involvement for myself and my clan, Urgent Fury did not let us down. I found myself highly recommending to other clans and players who atone to this train of thought to come here and become involved.

It seems these days in almost every game I play in Socom online, with unfamiliar players the same circumstances occur. Join a game with a group of players you are unfamiliar with and how many times does the following occur. Your team is playing great, getting good clean kills and winning by playing smart and tactfully. Suddenly things start to go wrong, the mikes began to not work, the other teams players start to disappear and reappear on the map they become impossible to kill and suddenly your great game has an uncanny lag to it. What has happened? By playing good the opposition refuses to admit they have been simply outplayed, therefore you have been deemed to obviously be cheating of some nature and since you must be using a lag switch of some sort it is now Ok that they do to. The players that may not do this have left the game long ago and now are replaced by players who admittedly play with gadgets that give them an unfair advantage. Any thought of fair played has been tossed aside and replaced by a cheaters smorgasbord of slithering slight. Why? Because you were winning and we all know that to win on Socom must mean you cheat??

How sad indeed that this is the mentality of the majority of players online in Socom. Have you ever been on the side of a team that is winning and hear the proclamation that the other side must be cheating? Not likely.

The fact is that Socom is flawed, it’s not perfect. Lag on the internet and the corresponding latency occur and sometimes that is simply the way it is and is not any one persons fault. The difference is do you leave a game you are losing in. Do you perceive any notion of having a bad night as the fault of someone on the other team? Some nights it all works great for you and other nights not so much. If you really feel you are in a game that in unfair then leave, but at least have the decency to complete the game before you do. You will never hear me proclaim an accusation of cheating during play. I do not participate in banter of this nature. If I feel this way, I will continue to play and be dammed with the stats. When the game is done I will simply look for a different room in which to play. I will never result to the use of any device that’s give me a unfair advantage no matter what I feel is being done by the opposition. Two wrongs does not make a right. (But three lefts does! LOL)

Why do I feel Urgent Fury was a success? Because I have met other players who feel the same way I do. Those that hold honor to be more important then a statistic. Those that play the game without any thought of cheating no matter the outcome or the perception of what the other team may be doing. Those that accept defeat and those that relish victory but only if that victory was done by honor.

For me, I thank you for playing the game the way it should be played, for the fortitude to play without regard for others divergence. For the resolve to stare down the face of deviation from honor and to simply walk away allowing the cheater the misconceived notion of a victory. At my dojo I tell my students the following ideal repeatedly: “when you know…truly know you are the better person.. then it no longer becomes necessary to prove it.â€

Undertow ]

Thanks,

SOTG Zero

Naw, we'll always take constructive criticism, Zero.....as long as it's not laced with sarcasm and jabs, which some people just COULDN'T seem to do.

But we appreciate the remarks.

You should check out the UF4 thread put up today in the pubby section explaining that UF for will ONLY last no MORE than 13 weeks.

That should make MANY clans out there VERY happy. It's looking like UF4 is going to be a huge improvement and awesome tourney.

It makes me VERY happy. Sounds like a superb idea.

.Cuz_ ]

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men you just can't reach...

So, you get what we had here last week,

which is the way he wants it!

Well, he gets it!

Some reason the lyrics of Civil War came to mind... :-X

You need to see Cool Hand Luke! Awesome movie.