UF3 SHUT DOWN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SaDIST ]
H.A.V.0.C ]

You have to look at the brighter side of things bro, for instance you had FUN when it was going on..didn't you? Obviously you did other wise you would not have been rushing home to join in the FUN! It was almost to the end anyways, and I mean you only had one city left bro, where you planning on a win streak after 30 weeks? I mean anythings possible but...com'on man.

I find the second half of your comment offensive. This is again a post you have no business in.

thats a low blow there......  lol... a come back is or could have been possible.. hopefully in the future we can all just play the game and have fun with it. that is why we all play ..

{ko}DADEdt05

Whats up All!!!! Long time no see!!!

I just heard about the news and thought I would drop by and give my comments. UF was a great tourney, DSM felt like we played the game with Honor and Integrity like most of the other clans with in UF. DSM also met some really good clans and some really good guys. I give all the Admins "props" for throwing a well organized tournament.

I hope we have another shot at UF4. So good luck guys.

PhillyMac

PhillyMac ]

Whats up All!!!! Long time no see!!!

I just heard about the news and thought I would drop by and give my comments. UF was a great tourney, DSM felt like we played the game with Honor and Integrity like most of the other clans with in UF. DSM also met some really good clans and some really good guys. I give all the Admins "props" for throwing a well organized tournament.

I hope we have another shot at UF4. So good luck guys.

PhillyMac

And we sure hope to see you DSM boy BACK here, Philly.

You fought til the end and handled yourselves well.

6raVIty ]

"I actually stressed getting home......stressed doing the right things gamewise.....following all your rules.......to have it end with this"

"KO who gave their time"

"seeing their are folks who did nothing."

First of all, I read you were a marine. I'd like to thank you for your service to our country.

When I first saw his post, I became slightly irritated and let it go.  But now that it has been revived, I can't help but to say this as I, too, am a Marine.

Raist, since you are a Marine, try acting like a leader by showing some bearing and tact....don't forget those are 2 of your 14 leadership traits.  You should also know better than to complain about your time, as the majority of it is spent in a "hurry up and wait" mode.  In any case, just suck it up and move forward rather than trying to create drama...leave that crap to the crybabies that caused UF3 to get shut down.

In other news, I'm happy to see that SOTG Zero has been keeping the SOTG name alive in here.  I sincerely hope that SOTG is able to regain a solid foothold by UF4, as we really do enjoy the UF Evolutions.  Finding other clans that maintain self-integrity in their methods of play once was rare, but due to great ideas such as UF, we are all truly bringing the enjoyment back to the SOCOM platform.

We appreciate all the hard work that EVERYONE has put, and will continue to put into Urgent Fury.

On behalf of SOTG,

General Jarhead

Member, Joint Chiefs of Staff

Special Operations Training Group

Why is the truth here is being sweep under the rug? Do any of you guys who where not a part of the final months even now the truth of what happened? You know one side of an opionin on the truth. The other side has been censored by those who dont want you to know. The truth is, and Viper had it right with his pool analogy, is that the remaining clans involved, 4 of them in total, all had issues with one clan in paticular and somethings happening in game. This was a tuff situation for they feared it might not be handled right. When this issue was brought it up it wasnt handled right. Instead of hearing the clans out and coming to a resolution the clan in question decided to leave. This was a huge deal considering they where the host clan. Of course after a few days the clan in question decided to stay-APC. All of which should strike you guys as odd. UF has a RULE that clearly outlines how clan disputes are to be handled. Why is that you guys are not asking yourselves when the host clan is the clan being accused of things this rule wasnt followed? How instead of following the rules and allowing the clans one by one to join the clan rep of APC and sitdown in the hidden debate forum and hash the problem out like adults they decided to quit? How can you not see that instead of doing this the host clan acted immaturely and prematurely by pulling themselves out of the tournely only to return a few days later? Do you think any of you would be allowed to do such a thing? Does that make sense to you guys? Funny thing is even after that the remaining clans that had issue with APC forged on. They didnt quit. They felt wronged and felt rules that should have been followed as outlined where tossed aside as soon as the clan in question was the sole host clan, but they didnt quit. It wasnt until a ruling a few weeks later that was incomplete contrast to a ruling made in the very same version of UF in its first month was made that the remaining clans decided to walk. That is what most you do not know about this whole story.

So you are right Viper. The remaining clans knew it wasnt their pool despite the fact it had been advertised as a community pool. They knew they couldnt change it to make it the way they wanted it. So they where going to leave. The admins found out about this before they had a chance to do it and abruptly kicked them out. It is the old dump them before they dump you tactic. It is always better to be the dumper than the dumpee.

I think you all should stay and play. UF is fun, but I think you should know the truth about what really happened. The clans that got kicked out of UF are clans that are populated by adults and run by adults. I dont condone all their behaviour leading up to and after the announcement, but these are not your typical GB clans populated by youngster who dont reason well. These are clans that have been around years and all of them where UF vets. This wasnt thier first dance. They loved UF as much as you guys and they just wanted it to be fair and balanced. So play, have fun, it is a great time. But know the truth, for you to will soon find things about this pool party you dont like. When you do dont expect things to change. You will be left with two choices. Leave or conform. It is that simple, and you are right, the admins have every right to run the tourney the way they want it, but they should be honest about it. To hide this from clans and let them get involved without this knowledge is the real crime. Everything you read and everything you see on this site and forums leaves you with the impression that this about community. Well it is not. How can be it with such rules.

If I invite you to my pool and after arriving you are not to fond of the music we are playing what do you do? I would imagine you might say something, and what does a good host do? Well he asks you what kinda music you like and trys to mix it in with everything else. He doesnt turn to you and say, "if you dont like my music go buy your own pool". Well, maybe he does, but when he does he loses friends and guests, and eventually people dont want to go and hang out at his pool. I think that if you look back over the course of UF1 to UF3 you will find that that has happened. Clans have walked away and vowed to never comeback. The list of clans is quite long. Fortunately for the admins they live in a big neighborhood and still have alot of folks they have yet to piss of with these poor host tactics. So their party is full. I just hope they learn from this and realize that when 4 of the 5 clans remaining disagree so strongly with a ruling that the proper course of action is not to kick them out and shut them up, but to hear them out and try to come to a middle ground. Not so much for the clans but for the future of UF.

The admins work their asses of on this site and tourney. All the time and ernegy they put in it I think has blinded them a bit to the fact that UF belongs to the clans. Approaching it any other way will lead UF to be nothing more than your typical GB type site, and I know they dont want that. I know they want to be a home, a community. I know it means alot to them and rightfully so for it is a kickass site and kickass way of gaming in socom. I fear though that fail to grasp they fact that inorder to get that feel you have to listen to the clans. Their actions lead on to believe that they are simply looking for clans that like to listen to the same music as them so they wont have to mix in some different styles. My friends, that is not a community, that is more like a private club.

I am sure this reply wont last. I didnt want to start any BS, for I honestly hope UF moves on and becomes what it was suppose to be despite the fact that I am no longer a part of it. It was my dream, my idea, and still am fond of it and hope it rights itself and achieves its dream of being a community. I dont think Sniper or Tow are anything other than people trying to do the right thing, but as some of us know, alot of shit gets fucked up when people are trying to do the right thing. There is no reason to hate them for it or blame them for it. It is however important they recognize it the errors and learn from them.

I wish all of you, even those who place blame on me or hate me or whatever, nothing but the best of luck with UF. I hope one day in two years to return to this site and still see it going. I hope that it becomes the community it says it is. I hope clans now that when they come to UF it wont be perfect, nothing is in life, but they know any imperfectations will be handled in a way that is transparent and fair.

Lots of love...

Demo Dick

Black Cell

1: This was written by Demo Dick, the former third admin of UF. The same admin that was voted out by Sniper and I because he ran a clan out of the tourney early in UF3. They left because of HIS inability to negotiate. "For the clans," he says....when he ran out a good one.

2: UF was not shut down because we "knew they would leave." Sniper and I knew nothing of the sort. We shut UF down because of BDs and OGCs immature spamming of nearly every thread on the forum with their free-Sixx / fre-Douggie crap. Adults, you say? They were having a jolly ol' time tappin' on the keyboards that night.

3: BD was a clan that left UF, and they were honorable? It was discovered that they were using an illegal gunner nearly the last half of the tourney, as they were using a former WsW gunner by the name of JohnnyMac, who WAS playing in many of their UF wars under the guise of sweetmeat. This was:

> First noticed by [APC] 6ravity, but had no proof, so we did not move on it.

> Known by [WsW] Mrs.D.D., but couldn't prove it, so she said nothing.

> VERIFIED by [APC] Strick, who was in BD at the time when they took ex-WsW gunners, and was in the clan when Brubix gave the ok for the illegal gunner to make a new name in order to play.

4: OGC - SixxPack was using THIS forum to try and gain sway on clans to tempt them to leave UF for another potential prospect. Coming into OUR home, enjoying this tourney for three tours, and that is how we are repaid. Instead of just leaving as he wanted, he needed to sway others to keep him company.

5: OGC and BD, the honorable clans that they are, couldn't just leave when "disgusted," but rather stayed to spam an entire forum with their crap. Childish or adult?

In the end, people and clans will make their own choice. It's their own free will.

So those that want to stay.....STAY. Those that don't want to be a part of UF.....GO. But there's no need for these slamming posts from someone very well known AS Drama-Dick, a name given to him by his own former clan mates, not anyone else's.

But again.....the choice is ALWAYS yours.

We just provide the entertainment.

Why is the truth here is being sweep under the rug? Do any of you guys who where not a part of the final months even now the truth of what happened? That I was a horrible admin and that Sniper and Tow HAD to remove me from my UF admin duties?

That I left my clan without word or notice and left my guys floundering for months?

That when I came back I joined OGC without telling anyone and just played with them?

That when I came back I acted as if I never left and even BOOTED 90% of my guys who kept my clan afloat after I jilted 'em?

That I boast of creating a tourney FOR the clans, BY the clans, but I just ended up running them out and then getting myself run out?

That my clan mates had created the name "Drama-Dick" for a reason?

That that's EXACTLY the reason why I felt compelled to create a false name for the THIRD time just to try to get back on here and create said drama?

Lots of love...and lies.

Demo Dick

Black Cell

:o

everyone has a right to their opionin. I thank you for letting mine stand and not removing it. I however dont understand why you want to make fun of me and call me names. What I posted was my opionin and it read it is contructive and encouraging. As for alot the stuff you said before you decided to mock me I dont know about that. I did say that I didnt condone some the actions by the clans. I was refferring to the spamming. That is silly, about as silly as you editing my qoute and kicking me around like we are a couple of 5th graders on the playground.

I notify my clan of my depature, ask Venom, one of the 16 guys who is still in my clan and one of the many who wanted me to come back. Truth is I was content to play with OGC and not be invloved in all the hoopla. It was nice. No BS, just log on and have fun. So I dont see why that is an issue. And the only people I booted from RC when I came back was Sniper and Mag. The rest that are not with us left on their own accord.

As for my removal, I fucked up, I was hard on LA and I should never have pmed their leader and called something he did dishonorable. I admitt that. When you guys voted me I left and didnt say a word. That was 6 months ago. My apology maybe late, but I am sorry for that. I figured my leaving and not making a stink would be good enough for you. I had hoped it would show you guys I meant you no ill will, and still dont.

I am sorry you hate me so much Tow. I understood you being upset with how the LA thing went down but I never attacked you. I never called you names or mocked you. I always did my best to show you respect. I guess I failed for it is apparent you have alot of hate for me. I hope one day this all blows over and me you can converse without this sillyness.

Shut up, Demo.

Strick has already informed me that while he was in BD, which was at the BEGINNING of UF3, Brubix let him know that you were conspiring, without Sniper's knowledge, with Brubix to get me removed and to bring Brubix in. Brubix shared that info with Strick.

Sooooo.....what other lies ya got. You're on your soap box, and that's usually the time you dig deep in your pockets for some while playing the humble card.

So keep 'em comin'.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

I notify my clan of my departure.

Demo, I have never hated you, and you know that. But you didn't tell us shit bro, you left one post and said " I'm not one for goodbye's so later" and deleted your account and then you vanished like a fart in the wind. I don't want to argue with you, but you did abandon us bro, and I'm sure you had your reasons, but you gave up on people that actually believed in you, and that I cannot forget, but I did forgive you along time ago.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
SNIPER ]

And the only people I booted from RC when I came back was Sniper and Mag.

So THAT'S why my tags were missing....  :(

Oh yeah, I forgot you banned me from your site also! I take back the forgive part! ;D

SNIPER ]

So THAT'S why my tags were missing.... :(

LOL...and here I thought you LEFT ReD Cell, Sniper, as soon as you found out Demo was back in their saddle.

You LIED to me! ;D

Undertow ]

Shut up, Demo.

Strick has already informed me that while he was in BD, which was at the BEGINNING of UF3, Brubix let him know that you were conspiring, without Sniper's knowledge, with Brubix to get me removed and to bring Brubix in.  Brubix shared that info with Strick.

Sooooo.....what other lies ya got.  You're on your soap box, and that's usually the time you dig deep in your pockets for some while playing the humble card.

So keep 'em comin'.

lol, that is not true, I was conspiring to force you into forming a council and letting all clans vote on issues, and I didnt talk to Bru about that until, well, about week before I was removed. I didnt even know Bru that well, and if I was going to replace you I would have wanted Sixxpack to be the guy. That conspiracy makes more sense.

Besides, how could I conspire to replace you without Sniper, he is the key player in UF. I would need him lol. And he will tell as I will know, I did want you gone, but not until you threatened to quit for the third time in three UFs. I didnt have a problem with you other than the way you overeacted to everything.

Sniper-I am sorry, I admitt part of me enjoyed giving you the boot, but part of me was sad. I figured you wouldnt so said what the heck, I will give him the boot. I knew you would join up with APC and that is cool. You belong there and they are good peeps, hell lol, APC has alot of ex-ReD, so it almost like home. If you like I can have Lord G come see ya and give you a reach around, lube is optional  ;D

I miss ya Sniper, no hard feelings on my end for you. We had a great run.

Undertow ]
SNIPER ]

So THAT'S why my tags were missing.... :(

LOL...and here I thought you LEFT ReD Cell, Sniper, as soon as you found out Demo was back in their saddle.

You LIED to me! ;D

Well, I would've left when he came back but I guess he decided to do a pre-emptive strike and boot me before I could boot myself. Cuz ya know...some people don't like being the dumpee....

It is the old dump them before they dump you tactic. It is always better to be the dumper than the dumpee.

:-X

I got dumped. :'(

I do not usually post response's to things like your post Demo but I feel compelled to in this case. You are full of it. Plain and Simple. I'm not going to get into he said-he said BS with you, but cmon. Do you really believe what your shoveling bro????

I dont think Sniper or Tow are anything other than people trying to do the right thing, but as some of us know, alot of shit gets fucked up when people are trying to do the right thing.

Lots of love...

Demo Dick

Black Cell

You say that here but on OGC's Forum you spout this garbage:

In the end, the truth was Tow refused to give up the power. In doing so he couldnt do things like give his clan and Red Cell, the other former host clan, the best breachs for their strongholds ( I know some of you had to pick up on that and I begged him to not do it), or picking and choosing the order of the maps in their state. It wouldnt allow him to choose an order for the war meetings that gave his clan an advantage. I held my tongue too long and I played part in this for to long. I was made the scape goat many a time for incidents in UF and got doped into playing along without realizing it. I had no power in UF after UF1. Tow had Sniper on his cock by the time Socom 3 launched. I tried to make things right, even to the point I spoke with clan leaders during tourneys in an effort to gain support for a protest. But unlike Tow I despise drama and decided to try to convince him it was the right thing instead of making things worse by starting a bunch of shit. In the end he refused to give the clans equal respresentation and took the first oppurtunity he had to get rid of me and did so.

It is a new day and we have a new resolution. I am excited to be a part of it and I know it will make all of you forget the time you wasted on UF.

http://clanogc.net/smf/index.php?topic=1482.0

Taken word for word from OGC's page. So what is it Demo? Are you really trying to be nice or just two-faced again????

I notify my clan of my depature, ask Venom, one of the 16 guys who is still in my clan and one of the many who wanted me to come back. Truth is I was content to play with OGC and not be invloved in all the hoopla. It was nice. No BS, just log on and have fun. So I dont see why that is an issue. And the only people I booted from RC when I came back was Sniper and Mag. The rest that are not with us left on their own accord.

So.......the only people you booted where Sniper and Mag huh? Not what you happened to say to Preda on his post on BlackCell's Forums.

Word for Word:I have not read this. sorry, look liked drama lol. BUT I will address Preda, Preda you have been removed from the roster. We wish you well and if you have a question please come find me ingame and I will talk it out with you. You are very cool person and I like you, so please dont take this wrong.

Also, we kicked out more than left, I think only 3 left and I was sorry to see DC go. I think he is a great guy and once again he will be missed.

Forum Link: http://redcellclan.com/rcforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7c56e9bd181a866002036e3a447b5389&topic=74.0

Do us all a big favor and please just leave us all alone.

H.A.V.0.C ]

I notify my clan of my departure.

Demo, I have never hated you, and you know that. But you didn't tell us shit bro, you left one post and said " I'm not one for goodbye's so later" and deleted your account and then you vanished like a fart in the wind. I don't want to argue with you, but you did abandon us bro, and I'm sure you had your reasons, but you gave up on people that actually believed in you, and that I cannot forget, but I did forgive you along time ago.

you are right Havoc, I did abandoned you. I wasnt denying that. I was denying the idea that I did without saying anything. I am sorry I left like that, like I told you before, I needed a break. I considered my being voted out of UF as a blessing. I am sorry for leaving the way I did and for all the stress it put on the guys I left to pick up the slack and do the things I did for the clan. It was a selfish move, but one I felt I had to make. I was really burned out and hurt. I needed time to think away from the game about what happened. I didnt understand why I was removed, I respected it, but it confused me so I took the time to do some soul searching in an attempt to learn something from my mistake.

You've been given a chance to say what you felt you needed to Demo and I hope that brings closure on your part but this topic will be locked after this to prevent another drama fest/bashing session. Whether you are being honest and sincere in your attempt at an apology or two-faced like Bitter said, only you know for sure and isn't up to us to judge. But if you really did let it go and you really do despise drama like you say you do, then please refrain from posting any more comments.

Shit happens but in the end we all need to just move on. UF will move on forward. Best of luck to you and any future endeavors. Peace.