Wondering if anyone else saw Kimbo's fight on CBS tonight? if so whats your thoughts?

I thought it was crap, they want kimbo to become this huge star way too bad. he lost the first 2 rounds, the got 4 good shots on Thompson in the 3rd and the ref stops the fight. Thompson was fine, no reason to stop the fight.

Kimbo can punch hard but sucks as a mma fighter. he fought a scrub tonight and should have lost. Enough is enough with kimbo, CBS primetime fight? ESPN cover? Country music award ceremony's? They want to make him a star so badly.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paterson-ERT ]

Wondering if anyone else saw Kimbo's fight on CBS tonight? if so whats your thoughts?

I thought it was crap' date=' they want kimbo to become this huge star way too bad. he lost the first 2 rounds, the got 4 good shots on Thompson in the 3rd and the ref stops the fight. Thompson was fine, no reason to stop the fight.

Kimbo can punch hard but sucks as a mma fighter. he fought a scrub tonight and should have lost. Enough is enough with kimbo, CBS primetime fight? ESPN cover? Country music award ceremony's? They want to make him a star so badly.

[/quote']

Watched it. Well, the guy that Kimbo fought tonight was a chump and he was pretty beat up (DID YOU SEE HIS EAR? LOL). When the other guy had Kimbo on his back he was punching like a 4 year old girl, I seriously think I could have taken those punches. LOL... But yeah, I agree that if Kimbo got in the cage with more technically savvy fighters, he would lose miserably. The fight was OK, but I have to disagree that Thompson was fine.

Kimbo isnt that good at all. He is a hard hitter...for the first round. If you get him to the ground he is very weak. Also the ref should have never made them stand up in the second round when thompson had him down and was pounding him.

Tonight: Faver vs pulver...on versus though!

I watched it...that shit was weak...2 bullshit stoppages...they're babying their fighters, people payed to sit there and watch someone get punched out and the 2 top fights got stopped...that ear was nice tho. If you wanna see an amazing elite xc fight look up Frank Shamrock vs. Cung lee....that shit was like bloodsport 4 or something it was ridiculous.

Seifer- ]

I watched it...that shit was weak...2 bullshit stoppages...they're babying their fighters, people payed to sit there and watch someone get punched out and the 2 top fights got stopped...that ear was nice tho. If you wanna see an amazing elite xc fight look up Frank Shamrock vs. Cung lee....that shit was like bloodsport 4 or something it was ridiculous.

that is by far my favorite mma fight i've seen cung lee is my "dogg" yo....werd.

Paterson LOVE the Sig.. im a huge fan, but why is your sig so big..?

I dont mean what we can see, but the dimensions of your sig are twice the size of the image.!?

See that line where your message ends, that where your sig starts. lol

Chili-Palmer ]

Paterson LOVE the Sig.. im a huge fan, but why is your sig so big..?

I dont mean what we can see, but the dimensions of your sig are twice the size of the image.!?

See that line where your message ends, that where your sig starts. lol

thanks, not sure why it sits so low, my clan mate fever made it. i know shit about this stuff.

Overall, I am a huge fan of all fighting styles and techniques, so I was very excited about this hitting primetime.

Robbie Lawler fight was a bullshit stop. Those two are the MOST exciting to watch in there weight class, and I was more hyped for that fight than the Kimbo fight.

Kimbo looks like a thug; he HAS the power, but only in spurts. I also thought the fight was a little premature in the stopage, but damn dude, he cut that dudes ear OFF. It was cut from the inside all accross the top. I was eatin dinner when that shit happened. I almost spit my enchilada out.

I think they NEEDED Kimbo to win to (in there eyes) legitimize their product. I will watch it regardless, mainly because I think it will take some time to get the right fights up.

I think everyone has to remember this was on CBS not pay per view. The man ear blew up and he could hear and it was bleeding really bad. If you ever want to see the MMA on CBS again that's what they had to do.

Anyone that thinks kimbo wasn't going to knock him out in the third round go watch it again in HD. The third punch knocked the man eyes into the back of his head. Then watch how he is walking. If the fight didn't stop then he wouldn't have stopped one punch coming at him.

Kimbo is a good fighter and people are just going to have to accept it and get over it.

Guest Corruptor310

I agree with most of the comments I have read.

Kimbo has a long long long way to go. His power in his punches is pretty good -- if early, I give him credit for being able to lift, that retard he was fighting, off of him not once but twice. However that fight should not have been stopped --- I feel the guy looked dazed before the first round started and I didnt see any difference in him when he (kimbo) got the stoppage.

Every elite xc main event I have seen (4) -- have had super weak stoppages. One of the four being the Nick Diaz belt fight -- diaz was stopped due to two cuts below his eyes.............something he is very prone to.

Did anybody catch that before the fight started that they had awarded Kimbo 2 previous victories, 1 knock out -- Tank abbot currently 43 years old, and probably not training like Couture or a Shamrock. And the other fight they gave him a submittal, in that fight available on dvd at some video stores -- the freaking guy took the fight on short notice, got caught with an elbow to right behind the ear, early first round -- darnell something-- darnell was tapping the mat before kimbo fell on him and was going to possibly beat him down. So in my opinion that guy got hit a couple times, fell down and bailed out of the fight before taking any damage. the elbow to behind the ear, might have hurt him really bad, but to be tapping out, before the dominating fighter can do anything = weak.

then he fights retard boy with that nasty cauliflower ear........ which reminded me of the Southpark episode where the school nurse had a dead fetus attached to her head. Just because that got popped and it was very nasty, it did not impair him to fight in any way. He could see, so what if needs to go get it sewed back to his head.....

the robbie lawler fight -- was going great -- i blame the doc on that stoppaged and I think she should have clarified with scott -- is your vision blurry, or is the vision totally gone.............

they protected their fighters way too much

and for the peeps saying well it is CBS and they could not let it get too bad. If that is the thought pattern, then CBS should stay out of the mma business, fighters get cut, they got bones broken and it is very brutal. do not pussify it.

and on that note -- the best fights that i have seen have been the woman -- the lawler fight was one of the best male fights. on the dvd i saw that gina carona had a hell of fight with some smaller blonde - that blonde took an ass whipping.

phil baroni -- lol more time dancing to the ring than fighting in it.......... good job Jose Vilasenor!!!

could agree more^^^^^

and your right about the CBS thing, that should effect the fights, back in the 70's and 80's CBS, ABC,and NBC have boxing on every sat. they had some brutal fights on and that was prime time. elite xc is just a weak league that will fade away, as will kimbo if he ever steps in with a real elite mma fighter.

Guest Corruptor310
Paterson-ERT ]

elite xc is just a weak league that will fade away' date=' as will kimbo if he ever steps in with a real elite mma fighter.

[/quote']

Ya I was thinking -- what would Kimbo do if he had to fight Tim Silvia or Andrie Orlovsky..........

If they could weather the early power -- Kimbo would be mince meat.

Oh and I thought when in Saturdays fight that when Kimbo had the Colussus, in that neck crank -- I thought damn I might get to see this guy get his neck broke on primetime tv.

Corruptor310 ]
Paterson-ERT ]

elite xc is just a weak league that will fade away' date=' as will kimbo if he ever steps in with a real elite mma fighter.

[/quote']

Ya I was thinking -- what would Kimbo do if he had to fight Tim Silvia or Andrie Orlovsky..........

If they could weather the early power -- Kimbo would be mince meat.

They could weather the early stages. Kimbo has ZERO technique and a skilled fighter could easily slip almost everything he throws. Kimbo is giving the sport a huge black eye, and he should be sent packing.

I found this to be an interesting read today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-kimbo060108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns