Guest Corruptor310

Saturday night where the expectations of programming aren’t real high, although some viewers undoubtedly were.

lol

from Bigmoneynacku's link

I only wish I was!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a kick in the face to all trained MMA fighters to have that fight be what prime time America was introduced to. How about giving the skilled guys a chance to be on prime time. everyone wants to sell a story, how he came from the streets blah blah blah. how about the guys who worked hard to stay off the streets? the fighters that are good citizens, and don't need some rags to riches story to sell them.

watch some wec fighters, their on some small market channel and are very skilled athletes.

my bjj trainer fought an undercard at kimbos fight sat. night. he fights at 126 and is a very skilled fighter. they be better off showing his fight. his name is andre "Gigueto" soares

heres a few of his fights...

in both of these he breaks the guys arm.

no vid yet of sats fight.

he's from Brazil and now trains out of north NJ

I don't see as a kick in the face. But a draw for it to get even more popular. They have to have a star to get people to watch. Like a Mike Tyson figure. I knew nothing about the XE fighting before Saturday. And I probably wouldn't have watched at all if it wasn't to see Kimbo. I would have missed seeing that first fight the Black guy with the mow hawk. Or the female fighters. I didn't know Crush was going to fight.

Now I'll probably watch the next shows. And if it get more popular and draws more money you'll get to see better fighters on Prime Time instead of PPV.

Guest Corruptor310
MarauderHD ]

And if it get more popular and draws more money you'll get to see "better fighters on Prime Time instead of PPV".

elitexc has a long long long way to go before they are showcasing "better fighters" than what you see on ppv.

Guest Corruptor310
-Disciple- ]
Corruptor310 ]

Kimbo = "the freak show factor"

Maybe Tito Ortiz could put on a few pounds and whoop him, he needs a win.

lol

Tito runs his mouth and gets beat down all the time. I don't think he has room to say anything about anyone.

Yes, he does or did used to run his mouth all the time. And like you I used to hate him, however I 180'd after seeing his coaching skill on the ultimate fighter, the guy knows how to train, very well, and he showed that he really cared about the fighters under him -- I respected him totally.

did you see his last fight - against Lyoto Machida ILL WILL UFC 84, ??????

Lyoto ran ran ran ran ran --- he did win the "fight", but that was one of the lamest fights I have seen. It was supposed to be Tito's farewell to the UFC, I hope he gets to fight one more time in the UFC, because that was shit. Pure and total shit.

Corruptor310 ]
-Disciple- ]
Corruptor310 ]

Kimbo = "the freak show factor"

Maybe Tito Ortiz could put on a few pounds and whoop him, he needs a win.

lol

Tito runs his mouth and gets beat down all the time. I don't think he has room to say anything about anyone.

Yes, he does or did used to run his mouth all the time. And like you I used to hate him, however I 180'd after seeing his coaching skill on the ultimate fighter, the guy knows how to train, very well, and he showed that he really cared about the fighters under him -- I respected him totally.

did you see his last fight - against Lyoto Machida ILL WILL UFC 84, ??????

Lyoto ran ran ran ran ran --- he did win the "fight", but that was one of the lamest fights I have seen. It was supposed to be Tito's farewell to the UFC, I hope he gets to fight one more time in the UFC, because that was shit. Pure and total shit.

Yes Tito know the ins and outs of the business for sure. And Tito was the shit in his day. He could back up everything he spewed. Imo, one of his biggest downfalls and the main reason he loses fights, is underestimating his opponents. He always fought the rematch's totally different. Watch a comp of his fights and look how many times in the ring he looks surprised or shocked. With as much knowledge he has, that means he didn't expect that from said opponent.

I never really liked the guy either, but I've always respected him in the octagon.

Yea Kimbo is no MMA fighter there putting him up against other weak martial artists and all that kimbo waits for is his opportunity to get his 4 punches in and knock the guy out. Kimbo's fight though should have been stopped, it might have been 1 punch premature but kimbo swelled up his ear then popped it. that dudes lucky the ref stopped the fight cause kimbo was about ready to wail on him

Guest Big mike226

I think everybody forgets that he has no martial arts training or wrestling. For a guy thats been in MMA less than 2 years and a streetfighter what do you expect him to look like. He looks awkward on the mat but I saw his pure strength to get out of some of the holds. I find it funny who people said he should fight that like me telling you I will train you for a year and you will fight the best MMA in your weight class . Are they bring him along slow yes but because of him a lot of people that wont have turned it on watched it .I was one.

Guest Corruptor310
Grafman23 ]

it might have been 1 punch premature but kimbo swelled up his ear then popped it.

You sir did not see the beginning of this fight -- that ear was farked up before he got his pre fight inspection prior to entering the ring. You obviously didnt see the network camera man zoom in on that ear as the ref doing the pre fight inspection --and the ref flicked like a dead bird hanging from his head. I have watched a lot of fights for a long time and i had never seen an ear hang and flop around like that damn thing did, made me pause.

yes kimbo did pop it open, however that ear should have been drained prior to fight, as the announcer commentated on.

and whoever it was commented on Kimbo's power and being able to muscle his way out of there - i agree, those times were impressive.

ya know Kimbo is no more than what Tank Abbot was back in the day of early UFC. Everybody loved Tank, brawler, biker/hoodlum type, who is going to go in there and just wear mother farkers out. However Tank never had a chance at becoming a "champ" -- it is known that Tank would fight anybody anywhere under any condition -- some interview I saw some where talked about, them calling Tank in and he would come and fight drunk off his ass. Sorta in the same realm, Kimbo stated after this weekend show, that "he needed to quit smoking". Yeah think.

the issue is not that he's not that good its that he shouldn't be the face for mma. your right alot of people watched mma for the first time to see that fight, but now alot of those people are talking down about the sport. i've been hearing how barbaric it was, people saying "its just 2 big guys punching and kicking each other" and their right thats all sat night was. instead of using kimbo to sell mma how about using a kid like faber? a face you could sell, and amazing skills. why isn't ESPN pushing him on sports center and their mags. he would be a much better introduction for a new viewer into mma.

and calling kimbo a star like tyson was is ridicules. tyson was the top fighter in his weight class at his peak popularity. tyson did not get people watching boxing, it was a popular sport for 100 years when tyson came around.

Guest Corruptor310

yeah i get your point for sure.

Kimbo should not be the "face" of mma. Faber great choice, Hughes, GSP lots of other people fit that bill better and could be better for the sport overall --- cbs, like i give a fuck what they glorify anyway, their programming sucks for the most part. there is only one show that i ever watch on their religously (survivor) the rest is crap. Ill stick with ESPN coverage of mma, which blew me away the first time I saw them covering it -- ESPN covering mma - inspiring, yeah!

But do the masses wanna see pretty boy joe fighting a technical fight?

Or do the masses prefer to see monster boy joe brawling it out?

the media elite have cast thier lot and not much we can do about that.

I thought it interesting that elite xc was stating and restating "gina carano the face of mma", lol some "role model" comes into the fight out of shape and over weight -- great role model, just because some woman has a face that is halfway attractive, she gets those kinda accolades........... yeah she did beat the heck out of her opponent, but come on.

either way I will still see as many UFC ppv events as I can - because to me they do have a higher quality fighters available to view. I have not seen any WEC fights as of yet, but the day is long the work is done and i have plenty of time to search them down. Elite xc -- i am going to consider to be my RAW, or tnt impact or whatever brand of "pro wrestling" is out there and popular today.

Corruptor310 ]

yeah i get your point for sure.

Kimbo should not be the "face" of mma. Faber great choice, Hughes, GSP lots of other people fit that bill better and could be better for the sport overall --- cbs, like i give a fuck what they glorify anyway, their programming sucks for the most part. there is only one show that i ever watch on their religously (survivor) the rest is crap. Ill stick with ESPN coverage of mma, which blew me away the first time I saw them covering it -- ESPN covering mma - inspiring, yeah!

But do the masses wanna see pretty boy joe fighting a technical fight?

Or do the masses prefer to see monster boy joe brawling it out?

the media elite have cast thier lot and not much we can do about that.

I thought it interesting that elite xc was stating and restating "gina carano the face of mma", lol some "role model" comes into the fight out of shape and over weight -- great role model, just because some woman has a face that is halfway attractive, she gets those kinda accolades........... yeah she did beat the heck out of her opponent, but come on.

either way I will still see as many UFC ppv events as I can - because to me they do have a higher quality fighters available to view. I have not seen any WEC fights as of yet, but the day is long the work is done and i have plenty of time to search them down. Elite xc -- i am going to consider to be my RAW, or tnt impact or whatever brand of "pro wrestling" is out there and popular today.

Uumm half way attractive? Then I got seriously low standards, cause I'd tap this:

ginacarano2rg9.jpg

Guest Corruptor310

i never said she wasnt attractive. halfway attractive imho.

what bothered me was "the face of mma" and she was over weight for her fight, and out of fighting shape, as she admitted in ringside post fight interview.

Guest Corruptor310

hell boys I eat to many samwhichs as it is.

patterson - I think Dana White/Zuffa deserves all the credit for taking mma in the US and starting it back on the road to full acceptance.

dont get me wrong Hoyce is the shit, was the shit, and is still is the shit. Hoyce def deserves much credit for bringing a great start to the sport in the US. However it was Dana White and Zuffa that salvaged the wreckage it had become. Before UFC, how many other leagues where out there, it was not until the media saw that this could be salvaged and managed properly, regulated properly, that we get IFL, Elite xc, WEC...........

elite xc - you are absolutely correct, they need way better fighters. And I do like how they have women fighting in that "league". awesome those bitches beat each other. So I guess if the men of elitexc where of the caliber of the woman --- it would be a much better imho.

Hoyce Gracie is a legend in MMA because of his BJJ.... it is not the other way around.

Guest Corruptor310
saint52 ]

Dude that girl is hot, check out her pics online, shes so hot. sorry alittle off topic

yeah i get it, but I still wouldnt rub one out to her..........

for some odd reason she reminds me of this

clooneycaron.jpg