One evening an old Sioux Warrior told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Sioux simply replied, "The one you feed."

Guest NEO-X
Goat ]

One evening an old Sioux Warrior told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Sioux simply replied, "The one you feed."

Wow.. thats pretty cool..

-Affliction- ]

im surprised jesus didnt come up with that one...

With something so simple yet truthful I’m sure that the gift of the insight did indeed derive from his teachings.

The *Christian goes into his church and talks about Jesus. The *Native American goes into his Tipi and talks with Jesus.

By Quanah Parker founder of the Native American Church Movement.

*Edited to reflect today’s current politically correct nomenclature.

My best friend, (the son of the chief of the Mdewankanton Sioux tribe) told me that story. I too thought it was profound. I felt some of you guys might appreciate an insightful bit of Native culture.

Here’s an old and probably heard before joke he likes to tell me time and time again …

“. ., eyeing the two US government officials sent to interview him.

"Chief Two Eagles," one official began, "you have observed the white man for many generations, you have seen his wars and his products, you have seen all his progress, and all his problems."

The chief nodded.

The official continued, "Considering recent events, in your opinion, where has the white man gone wrong?"

The chief stared at the government officials for over a minute, and then calmly replied. "When white man found the land, Indians were running it. No taxes. No debt. Plenty buffalo. Women did most of the work. Medicine man free. Indian men hunted and fished all the time"

The chief smiled, and added quietly, "White man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

To which I tell him.. “I’m a Cajun-American we got screwed by both the French and the English tooâ€. “What’s a Cajun-American†he asked.. Well I reply “it’s a white man only blackened with a little cayenne thrown on topâ€â€¦ ;)

Good choice of words! "crap". Yet, I can get deep my brothers and sisters. On to my vast deep soul and my favorite quote -

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice quote Nikita-san.. you have redeemed yourself..

and errr hmm "Deutsh.. errr ok..

Butt?.. stinky finger?? Is it just me or does anyone else notice D-75 turns every thread into a gay thing???

LMFAO!!!

yea "D" da goat is J/k wit ya.. LOL.

"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day."

"Boy who go to bed with sex problem wake up with solution in hand."

"Kotex not best thing on earth, but next to best thing."

"He who fishes in another man's well often catches crab."

"Man who argue with wife all day get no peace at night."

"Elevator smell different to midget."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Me love you LONG time! muahahaha

D

Being a member of the Native American Church and the movement, being a member and on the rolls of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma....peyote doesn't make you "see" things. Its actually a very sacred thing to partake of a peyote ritual. Its all about spiritual business, and the native american community frowns upon the recreational usage of this sacred plant.

Just a little info for yall. ;)

Being a member of the Native American Church and the movement, being a member and on the rolls of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma....peyote doesn't make you "see" things. Its actually a very sacred thing to partake of a peyote ritual. Its all about spiritual business, and the native american community frowns upon the recreational usage of this sacred plant.

I hope I did not offend here- My apologies Sequoyah. It appears my comical wit has a tendency to show up as ignorance. ;)

well I'm not Native American or Cherokee, so I hope the elders don't mind my recreational usage of this lovely item :)

D

Tks for the info Sequoyah, I too meant no offense.. just found sid's thought to be sort of humorous is all. That sid is always getting me in trouble! LOL.

I fully know however that the Native American Church thinks of Peyote only in terms of a spiritual nature. "The "Peyote Road" calls for Indian brotherly love, family care, self-support through work, avoidance of alcohol, and avoidance of recreational drug use. "

Peace brother Sequoyah..

Goat.

p.s. yeaa and u2 sid.. LOL.